3,364 results
All reviews disney springs the bus pizza hut breakfast buffet lake buena vista shuttle service magic kingdom beds were comfortable gift shop free shuttle time share fireworks balcony bw parks lbv transportation
Reviewed July 23, 2005

We just came back from a 6 day/5 night stay at this hotel (July 16-21, 2005). From the moment we arrived, the bell hopper was already unloading our bags for us and following us to guest check in. He waited patiently while we checked in. The customer service rep was very friendly and eager to help us upgrade our room to include a fridge, microwave, and internet access. And to our surprise we even had the Disney Channel and internet games for the kids to play on the television!! Our room was very, very large....it fit 5 of us comfortably. We had 2 queen size beds and a double sofa sleeper, as well as a table and 2 chairs in the room.....and to top it all off, we had a balcony w/a nice view of the pool below (we were on the 6th floor) and a view of Downtown Disney!!! We had the maid come in every morning when we left to the parks for the day and when we returned in the early evenings we found that she had arranged the kids stuffed toys on the bed in cute arrangements. Late at night when the kids were tired, they would stay in the room and all I had to do was hit the Pizza Hut button on our room phone and have one ordered for them to eat. It arrived w/in 10 minutes (piping hot). Then my husband and I would go downstairs to have a drink at the bar before hitting the bed and beginning a new day. We even had our own thermostat and so we had it set at 50 degrees all day and night. The hotel is well within a 10 minute walking distance to Downtown Disney. And the park buses run every 10-20 minutes. If we didn't feel like waiting outside for the buses all we had to do was call guest services and find out the exact time for the next bus and she would tell us and then we would go outside at that time and see the bus pulling in the parking lot. The buses were never crowded at the times we went. All and all, I would definitely stay at this hotel every time I go back to Disney World. It was an awesome stay and the hotel had every thing I needed, even it's own Disney Mini-Store!!!

• Stayed: July 2005
20  Thank Quest20288
Reviewed July 13, 2005

This hotel was great, it was located near all the Walt Disney Parks. I got transporatation to and from the hotel to go to the parks and also Downtown Disney. The hotel employees were very friendly and helpful. The room was great and I stayed on the 7th floor and I got a view of the lake and fireworks, it was magnificient. It is also located near a grocery store, if you want to shop. I would definetely stay at this hotel again.

13  Thank Trek31766
Reviewed July 10, 2005

I would like to make a complaint about our stay at the Best Western Hotel in downtown Disney this past weekend. First off, I would like to comment and how un-friendly your staff was at the check-in desk. No welcome to best western, no welcome to Orlando or anything. We checked in at 7:30am. The bus to Magic Kingdom was suppose to leave at 8:00am, but no bus till 8:30am. After 40 minutes of riding the bus, the driver never said a word or have a wonderful day. Just as though a robot was driving the bus. After our day at Disney, we got back to the bus at 11:30Pm and sat on the bus till after mid night, only to ride 1 hour before arriving back to the hotel, an almost running out of gas! (as per your night driver) The next morning we decided to eat breakfast downstairs before checking out, we ate food that tasted like it was cooked 3 days in advanced and re-heated, I paid a whopping $30.00 for everyone to leave hungry that we had to stop again for breakfast before starting our day at Epcot. $130.00 for a room we slept in for 5 hours, which the paint was falling off on the walls in the bathroom, marathon bus rides to the park and horrible food. I don't think we will ever be staying at your hotel again.

• Stayed: July 2005
10  Thank Sunshine38021
Reviewed July 5, 2005

OK so this hotel is not a tip top 5* property, but I think it is a great choice & excellent value for money. The best thing about this hotel is the location -perfect for all the Disney parks. Seaworld + Universal are equally close. There are complimentary buses to the parks, although we drove to the parks rather than waiting for the bus. This was our first holiday to America & was a little worried about driving prior to our trip. However, the driving could not be anymore straight-forward.

As a previous reviewer noted, if you are very fussy about your room, you might be a little disappointed. However, the rooms are well decorated and good size. Good choice of TV channels. The only slight criticisms that I could make was that the bed was oversoft and aircon would be noisy if left on all night, but these criticisms really are minor. Also, avoid this hotel if you have a fear of heights! A fridge would have been good, but I wasn't going to pay extra for this & made do with ice machine & bucket.

There is a $6 per day resort fee, which covers internet TV, room safe etc. This seems a little rediculous & I think should be simply added to the room price as it is compulsory anyway!

Previous reviewers have criticised the food in the hotel, but I think the food there was very good. Breakfast was cheap, tasty & plentiful ($5.99 without drinks & $7.99 with drinks) - ideal if you want quick meal before hitting the parks. The room service / takeaway food is also great if you are too tired to go out for a meal after a day at the parks. Also, there are lots of good restaurants very nearby. The hotel has good proximity to a couple of shopping outlets.

Even if you don't choose this hotel, Lake Buena Vista is undoubtedly the best place to stay for a holiday in Orlando if you intend to visit the parks.

14  Thank JamesC
Reviewed June 29, 2005

My husband and 2 daughters (ages 5 & 1) spent 10 nights at the LBV Best Western in June 2005. I have to say that this place had bang for its buck! I paid $84 per night (included taxes) which was a huge bargain considering the other LBV Disney property resorts were $129 per night and up. We had a Disney view and saw the fireworks every night at 10pm - we were on the 15th floor, west side. Awesome!

The front desk guy was very helpful at check in as there was a problem with our reservation. He quickly fixed it to our satisfaction. FYI -- The crib was fine and there was no extra charge.

If you are looking for luxury, beautiful wallpaper, jacuzzi rooms and high thread count sheets, this is NOT for you. If you and your family are looking for a comfortable room that is meticulously cleaned every night, this is it. The Downtown Disney busses run from this hotel, although they are not very punctual - not the hotel's fault. We paid the $8 per day to park our rental car and were happy we did. The hotel layout is totally bizarre but who cares? As long as the elevator took me to where I had to go, I didn't mind.

The pool was no-frills but very clean and comfortable (temperature). The towels they gave out were a little small so we used a few extra, no big deal. The gym is small with a few treadmills.

We actually enjoyed the food at the hotel. The breakfast buffet for the price was really good. Other guests were complementing the wait staff on the food, so it must be OK. We also had dinner there and it was surprisingly good. Careful - they automatically add 15% tip into the check.

They have a Disney store and a convenience store in the recently upgraded lobby. We bought our Magic Your Way passes there.

There is a Walmart about 3 miles down the road from the hotel. I suggest buying bottled water and any other supplies that you need from there and NOT from the hotel, park or local Goodings Grocery store.

Another $ saving tip is to shop at the Character Outlet at the Orlando PREMIUM Outlets (careful, there are several outlet centers in Orlando). They have alot of the same merchandise as the park at 50-75% off.

Sergei the bellman was a gem! He has a nice friendly personality and we enjoyed speaking with him in the mornings.

BON VOYAGE! Enjoy!