“Pleasant surprise, great location!”

Clarion Inn Lake Buena Vista
Ranked #178 of 339 Hotels in Orlando
Grand Rapids, Michigan
“Pleasant surprise, great location!”
Reviewed 20 February 2012

I was leary of staying here after reading lots of not so great reviews, but I was VERY pleasantly surprised! The room I stayed in wasn't outdated at all, quite the opposite actually. I stayed on the highway side of the buliding and wasn't bothered by traffic noise at night what so ever. It has a great pool area for kids with a splash pad my daughter absolutely loved. There is a great store in the lobby that has everything you could need, including quick snacks, clothing, swim stuff etc. There is a buffet that is super cheap if you eat before 6pm and kids eat free, can't beat the price. It's far from a gourmet restaurant, but for about $8 for myself and my daughter it was plenty good for us! Parking was free and there was a gate at the entrance which made us feel safer. Room was pretty clean for the most part, only gross thing was that there was a bar of used soap in the shower when we got there, must have been overlooked by housekeeping, was otherwise clean. It is a great location, lots of places to eat near by and within a couple minutes of downtown disney. We have booked another week there for March of this year and can't wait. Best value around! It's not the ritz or anything but for $49/night it's a GREAT deal for what you get! Would reccommend to anyone!

• Stayed December 2011, travelled with family
4 Thank TravelLover41484
RosenHotels, Manager at Clarion Inn Lake Buena Vista, responded to this review, 22 February 2012
Thank you for taking the time to post your review here. We would love to welcome you back again some day.

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (740)
  • Czech first
Portsmouth, United Kingdom
Reviewed 17 February 2012

Just got back after a 19 night stay,hotel location is good and swimming pool was warm,hotel room was ok for what we needed as only sleeping in as at parks all day long,room could have been cleaned a bit better was not major issue.had breakfast and diner a couple of times in the hotel and food was ok but best place to eat was sizzlers which was just done the road as food and service was amazing! Would stay again as overall value was fine for our needs.

• Stayed February 2012
3 Thank pompeyranger
RosenHotels, Manager at Clarion Inn Lake Buena Vista, responded to this review, 20 February 2012
Thank you for staying with us and taking the time to post a review. We are glad you enjoyed your stay and we hope to see you again.
B.C.
Reviewed 13 February 2012

It was certainly decent value for the money BUT I would probably not stay there again. My immediate reaction on walking in was it's dark and dated. I know that the Clarion Inn was supposed to have been remodelled and at first I thought that they hadn't gotten to this room yet. However, I later found out the remodel was done in 2009.

Pros: Very good location. Near restaurants and only a 10 -15 min. drive to any Disney Park. Comfortable bed. Good shower. We were on the non-highway side so it was nice and quiet.

Cons: Dark and dated. Not that clean -- large stain on carpet. Walked around in my socks which got very dirty. Was dirty by the tub and the lamps in the room were dusty. Our hair dryer stopped working on the 3rd day we were there. We left a note for housekeeping and the note was gone when we got back but the hairdryer wasn't fixed for the remainder of the stay. Our coffee pot had problems too. Lid did not match bottom which caused problems when making coffee. Wasn't replaced or changed during our stay although we had left a note about it.

Restaurant on premises: The first evening when we arrived, we were exhausted. We went to the buffet and I suspected there was a reason it was empty but we didn't want to leave the hotel. The dinner was truly TERRIBLE. We saw 2 very respectable ladies walk in after us. They took a plateful, tasted it and left. The morning breakfast was certainly acceptable.

We only paid about $55 a night to stay so that was certainly a good price. For that, you can't expect the Ritz but I would probably pay somewhat more next time for a different hotel.

Room Tip: Ask not to face the highway.
  • Stayed February 2012, travelled as a couple
5 Thank gailirene
We are sorry to read about the issues you experienced while staying with us. We can assure you that this is not the norm for us and we will be discussing your review with our staff to see if we can make any corrections to prevent this form happening again. Thank you for bringing these issues to our attention and we hope that you will one day give us another opportunity to serve you again.
Woodbine, Georgia
Reviewed 12 February 2012

It is just a short drive from here to downtown disney and all of the disney parks. My husband, our 5 year old, and I were pleased. The rooms were pretty good. Even though the hotel has rooms facing the high way,it wasnt a huge problem. Once in your room the noise from traffic is minimal. For the price, we were very happy. We got a 20% discount for being a farm bureau member so we paid 63.99 a night. We will stay here again.

• Stayed February 2012
3 Thank lessliwhitley
RosenHotels, Manager at Clarion Inn Lake Buena Vista, responded to this review, 13 February 2012
Thank you for staying with us and providing a review of your experience. We will be looking forward to your next visit!
Southfield, Michigan
Reviewed 11 February 2012

I got this hotel on priceline for 32 a night but like the saying goes you get what you pay for. Check in went ok we got in late the person at the desk was cool we got up to our room. Bed was hard as a rock and the room was not the cleanest but from what I could see it was doable. The first night went ok we were so tired we just took showers and went to sleep. Night 2 was a different story we went to the water park at Disney and came back to the room ready to crash. We were all ready for bed when my daughter seen a bed bug in her bed. So I put it in a cup and took it down to the front desk the guy offered to move our room. But at this point we were ready to get out of there. So at 11 at night we had to change hotels. We got a decent deal at the radison down the street. I would not stay there again, nor would I recommend it to any one. The location was great 10 minutes to Disney world. That's about all good I can say about if. Also I had to spent about 50 dollars in dry leaning and laundry to make sure ours clothes were clean.

• Stayed February 2012, travelled with family
9 Thank Paramedic927
Buffalo, New York
Reviewed 8 February 2012

Overall, I had a good experience here. The room itself was fine, bed comfortable and bathroom clean. Actually a neat design that sections off the bathroom so one person can shower while the other sleeps without being disturbed. The property is also very nice, two pools, safe commercial neighborhood. It's a bit over a mile walk to Downtown Disney, but there are sidewalks to follow if you wish to do so. Tons of restaurants in the area.

For the down side. I booked on Hotwire and got a room on the highway side. You can hear traffic in those rooms, so if this is the sort of thing you are sensitive to, you may want to look elsewhere. That said, I just ran the a/c as background noise and slept fine. The front desk was on the slow side, and there is no quick way to check out.

One major plus is there is no resort fee, or parking fee. They don't include breakfast, but were offering buy one get one free breakfast buffet (ie. $8.99 for two). There are tons of other options nearby with a wide range of chain restaurants ranging from cheap to mid-range.

Room Tip: Ask for one facing away from the highway.
  • Stayed February 2012, travelled as a couple
4 Thank mainetobuffalo
RosenHotels, Manager at Clarion Inn Lake Buena Vista, responded to this review, 9 February 2012
Thank you for giving us your honest feedback. We are glad that you chose to stay with us and we hope to see you again soon!
Charlotte, North Carolina
Reviewed 3 February 2012

Stayed here summer of 2011, before a visit to Disney. Got an unbelievable rate of $59.00. Had a quiet, relaxing stay before beginning a busy Disney vacation. This resort had been refurbed and was clean and well-appointed. It was in a great location near Downtown Disney. Near many restaurants. Would stay again!! (The lobby-area was my least favorite part of this stay. Not sure why I felt that way. Staff very friendly and helpful. I was very happy with our value for the money we paid, though.) Loved being in a gated hotel.

Room Tip: Ask for a room on parking lot side.....pool side near the interstate. Might be noisy on that side.
  • Stayed June 2011, travelled with family
2 Thank annar76
RosenHotels, Manager at Clarion Inn Lake Buena Vista, responded to this review, 6 February 2012
Thank you for staying with us and posting a review. We look forward to hosting you again.