“Fantastic Massages At Least”

Mandara Spa at Loews Portofino Bay Hotel
Ranked #27 of 79 Spas & Wellness in Orlando
More attraction details
Owner description: Discover Mandara Spa at Loews Portofino Bay Hotel at Universal Orlando®, a 13,000 square foot sanctuary located by the Piazza Ponte between the Beach and Villa pool. Rooted in the Balinese tradition for the healing arts and combining this rich knowledge and spirit of generosity with European techniques, Mandara’s spa therapies offer each guest luxuriously-healing experiences: signature massages, award-winning facials, indulgent body treatments, the latest in hair, nail care, and waxing. Retreat in a haven that harbors 14 treatment rooms, co-ed lounge, co-ed hydropool, separate men's and women's sauna and steam rooms, a full-service salon, and Fitness Center. Let us send you to a place where calm and serenity exist every moment.
Reviewed August 17, 2017

During our first anniversary-cation to Universal Orlando, I thought it would be nice for my husband and I to enjoy a relaxing couple's massage together. We had 6:30 PM appointments, which I now realize should have been made earlier (but we couldn't do because of our flight) since the spa closes at 8:00 PM. Upon entering Mandara Spa, we were immediately greeted with a very friendly staff who directed us to a table to fill out our forms. Afterwards, Melissa (really nice and informative) guided me around the locker room for a quick tour. The robes were a bit small (for both of us)- but I was able to wait with my husband in a small co-ed area. I wasn't overly impressed with the small part of the spa that we were able to see in such a short time, however, I was told in advance that there was construction going on and that we could use the small co-ed jacuzzi. After waiting a bit, Jackie and Oscar welcomed us into a large room that felt like we were in a doctor's office, where the tables were far apart. Regardless of how the spa itself looked, the massages and foot paraffin treatment were both incredibly relaxing and enjoyable. Jackie worked on my husband, while Oscar worked with me and they were both extremely nice and friendly. After our massages, and although almost closing time, they brought us glasses of champagne and offered us the chance to sit in the jacuzzi for a bit, which we agreed to. We were most likely the last to leave the spa that night but everyone was still attentive and thankful for our visit. Awestyn answered any questions we had and also informed us that as guests of one of the Universal resorts, we are able to use the facility,including the fitness center, throughout our stay, free of charge.
Although other's reviews of Mandara Spa at Loews Portofino Bay Hotel weren't all that good, I can't take away the fantastic service we received from the entire staff, Jackie and Oscar. Two thumbs up to them!!

REMINDERS: 20% gratuity is included in pricing. Website offered 20% off but when we paid $30 was taken off the final bill as that was their special. Also, the sauna, jacuzzi, indoor pool and other available facility areas are yours to use at your leisure either before or after your treatments.

Reviewed August 10, 2017

Called the spa while on or way to Portofino for a relaxing couple of days.....made the reservation after asking what I thought were the right questions. At the end the lady on the phone said that part of the spa is closed for renovation, so they were giving $30 off the services we booked.

we booked services for 6:30pm, and were up sold to the 75 minutes service.

note to staff....if you close at 8pm, might not be a smart thing to have a service end at 7.45...but then again, when the spa is under renovation, it really means THEY HAVE AN OLD SHOWER WITH NO HOT WATER AND A COED WHIRLPOOL WITH LUKE WARM WATER....why would anyone want to stay. when I got back to the locker room, most of the lights were off and no attendant in site....and were told by a spa person that they will be closing up in a few minutes, so the voice trailed off after I gave them a look.

and adding a 20% service charge....not cool....

so I spent $456 on this relaxing few hours....I recommend that people avoid this place at all costs....even after the "ongoing renovation" ....if that will ever end....

and don't bother asking to speak to someone at the spa about anything...that was futile too

2  Thank davidpQ6964PK
Brenda M, Marketing Coordinator at Mandara Spa at Loews Portofino Bay Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded August 14, 2017

Hi davidpQ6964PK,

Thank you for sharing your bliss spa experience.We are so sorry to hear about your less than satisfactory experience. I have passed this message along to our spa director, Bill Toth. If he has not done so already, he will be reaching out to you.

We hope you can afford us another opportunity to bring you the relaxation you deserve.

Namaste,

Reviewed June 22, 2017

You can get a massage here but nothing else. They took a perfectly good spa years ago and tore everything out. If you see previous reviews you can see they said it would be completed Feb 2017, but it is still not close to be being done, it is always 6 months away. And no one told me it was not completed but they didn't have to, I knew better. I have been coming for years but I give up, time to find a new place.

2  Thank Michael R
Brenda M, Marketing Coordinator at Mandara Spa at Loews Portofino Bay Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded June 26, 2017

Hi Michael,

Thank you for sharing your Mandara Spa experience.

I’m sorry to hear about your less than satisfactory experience and wish to extend our apologies. At Mandara, we strive to help immerse yourself in a Mandara moment and escape to a temple of relaxation and would like to see if there is anything we can do to make this up to you in the future

We would love to invite you back once the renovations are complete. Your feedback is invaluable and will assist us in our continued growth and development. Our Spa Director Bill Toth is interested in speaking to you should you wish to have a conversation with him. He can be reached at (407) 503-1244.

We hope you afford us the opportunity to bring you the relaxation you deserve.

Namaste

Reviewed June 9, 2017 via mobile

So my boyfriend and I booked a getaway to Orlando Fl, and stayed at the portofino bay hotel. We decided to go to the spa even though it was under construction and many amenities were not working. We both got scrubs and massages, facials and he received a pedicure. We spent over $800 on our services so I expected to get pampered. I told the spa in advance that we were celebrating our anniversary and wanted it to be special.

Once we got there we were sat down and told to sign the agreement to pay the charges for the day. Next we were taken to locker rooms with a small glass of champagne in our hands. After we changed we were immediately picked up for our services, so we were unable to even sip our champagne or even share a kiss or hug before leaving for the " couples services". We were supposed to have a couples massage but our beds were far away from each other. My massage therapist who gave me the "full body" scrub only scrubbed my hands, legs and back. No shoulders, stomach area, decollate, buttocks or inner thighs. She told me she doesn't touch buttocks areas during massage or scrub. The massage was ordinary. Nothing special. My boyfriend felt the same. His pedicure was mediocre. I had to ask the lady if she was going to cut his cuticles Bc it seemed she was rushing through the whole thing. His feet barely got wet for a $70 pedicure. Sad to say I'm very disappointed in the services I received at this spa. I only enjoyed the facial but even that was not explosive for $160 service. Money wasted.

1  Thank sunnybun26