“One of the best in Orlando”

Mandara Spa at Loews Portofino Bay Hotel
Ranked #27 of 79 Spas & Wellness in Orlando
More attraction details
Owner description: Discover Mandara Spa at Loews Portofino Bay Hotel at Universal Orlando®, a 13,000 square foot sanctuary located by the Piazza Ponte between the Beach and Villa pool. Rooted in the Balinese tradition for the healing arts and combining this rich knowledge and spirit of generosity with European techniques, Mandara’s spa therapies offer each guest luxuriously-healing experiences: signature massages, award-winning facials, indulgent body treatments, the latest in hair, nail care, and waxing. Retreat in a haven that harbors 14 treatment rooms, co-ed lounge, co-ed hydropool, separate men's and women's sauna and steam rooms, a full-service salon, and Fitness Center. Let us send you to a place where calm and serenity exist every moment.
Reviewed February 7, 2018

Amazing service. Professional and very attentive personal. They will make sure you are having the best experience.

Brenda M, Manager at Mandara Spa at Loews Portofino Bay Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded June 23, 2018

Dear Kmariyka,

Thank you for sharing your Mandara Spa experience earlier this year!

It seems we missed your review and recently came across your feedback.

Although some time has lapsed, we thank you for your taking the time to share your experience with us. At Mandara Spa, we strive for 100% satisf action, and it is great to see you had such a positive visit.

We look forward to welcoming you back to any of our Mandara Spa locations again soon!

Reviewed December 13, 2017

I have tried twice to reach out to spa management with no response. Portofino bay will not provide direct e-mail info. They told me that spa would be in touch momentarily 4 days ago. I followed up yesterday and still no response,

Shellac manicure falling off on day 8. Obviously, there is a problem with the product or the application. I have worn shellac exclusively for 8 months and I have never even had one nail have the polish fall off in one piece. By day 11 every nail chipped and or lifting if it hasn't fallen off.

I usually get minimum 2 weeks coverage with shellac. When I went in my nails were done 3 weeks prior and still looked really good. The manicurist even commented on them.

Note that they add 20% gratuity to your bill and you have no say. No work done on my cuticles and when I asked she said they were already good.......I have never had a manicure without specific work done to every cuticle.

This was the most expensive and most inferior manicure I have ever had done.

I do not recommend you go for a manicure.

Note that Portofino Club Level concierge recommended I have my nails done at Mandara and booked the appointment.

1  Thank 600norac
Reviewed November 4, 2017 via mobile

After several days at the theme parks my feet needed some help! Booked into this spa since it was the only one in the Universal hotels area. Prices were impossible to find online (the treatment list was easy to find though), I had to call in advance and you're restricted to the spa hours, Cabana Bay reception had no info (hotel management - this is easily fixed by giving reception current price lists!).

WARNING - there are no minibuses running between the Universal hotels during the day, they must only run at nights to take people to the restaurants.

However when I got to Portofino the spa is lovely, and huge! Really relaxed atmosphere. All the staff were fantastic, from Awestyn on reception to Jeanette who gave me a fabulous 'fire and ice' pedicure. They made everything easy and a pleasure.

It's expensive but I left with new feet so it felt worth it!

1  Thank Anne J
Brenda M, Marketing Coordinator at Mandara Spa at Loews Portofino Bay Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded November 8, 2017

Hello Anne,

Thank you so much for taking the time to share your Mandara Spa experience. Your email is much appreciated and clearly shows us that your escape with us was a memorable one. Your feedback gives us a great chance to celebrate with our team members, and we will not neglect to put Awestyn and Jeanette in the spotlight!

Wishing you many more moments of bliss and we look forward to welcoming you back to Mandara Spa at Lowes Portofino Bay Hotel!

Reviewed August 17, 2017

During our first anniversary-cation to Universal Orlando, I thought it would be nice for my husband and I to enjoy a relaxing couple's massage together. We had 6:30 PM appointments, which I now realize should have been made earlier (but we couldn't do because of our flight) since the spa closes at 8:00 PM. Upon entering Mandara Spa, we were immediately greeted with a very friendly staff who directed us to a table to fill out our forms. Afterwards, Melissa (really nice and informative) guided me around the locker room for a quick tour. The robes were a bit small (for both of us)- but I was able to wait with my husband in a small co-ed area. I wasn't overly impressed with the small part of the spa that we were able to see in such a short time, however, I was told in advance that there was construction going on and that we could use the small co-ed jacuzzi. After waiting a bit, Jackie and Oscar welcomed us into a large room that felt like we were in a doctor's office, where the tables were far apart. Regardless of how the spa itself looked, the massages and foot paraffin treatment were both incredibly relaxing and enjoyable. Jackie worked on my husband, while Oscar worked with me and they were both extremely nice and friendly. After our massages, and although almost closing time, they brought us glasses of champagne and offered us the chance to sit in the jacuzzi for a bit, which we agreed to. We were most likely the last to leave the spa that night but everyone was still attentive and thankful for our visit. Awestyn answered any questions we had and also informed us that as guests of one of the Universal resorts, we are able to use the facility,including the fitness center, throughout our stay, free of charge.
Although other's reviews of Mandara Spa at Loews Portofino Bay Hotel weren't all that good, I can't take away the fantastic service we received from the entire staff, Jackie and Oscar. Two thumbs up to them!!

REMINDERS: 20% gratuity is included in pricing. Website offered 20% off but when we paid $30 was taken off the final bill as that was their special. Also, the sauna, jacuzzi, indoor pool and other available facility areas are yours to use at your leisure either before or after your treatments.

See more reviews
Reviewed August 10, 2017

Called the spa while on or way to Portofino for a relaxing couple of days.....made the reservation after asking what I thought were the right questions. At the end the lady on the phone said that part of the spa is closed for renovation, so they were giving $30 off the services we booked.

we booked services for 6:30pm, and were up sold to the 75 minutes service.

note to staff....if you close at 8pm, might not be a smart thing to have a service end at 7.45...but then again, when the spa is under renovation, it really means THEY HAVE AN OLD SHOWER WITH NO HOT WATER AND A COED WHIRLPOOL WITH LUKE WARM WATER....why would anyone want to stay. when I got back to the locker room, most of the lights were off and no attendant in site....and were told by a spa person that they will be closing up in a few minutes, so the voice trailed off after I gave them a look.

and adding a 20% service charge....not cool....

so I spent $456 on this relaxing few hours....I recommend that people avoid this place at all costs....even after the "ongoing renovation" ....if that will ever end....

and don't bother asking to speak to someone at the spa about anything...that was futile too

2  Thank davidpQ6964PK
Brenda M, Marketing Coordinator at Mandara Spa at Loews Portofino Bay Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded August 14, 2017

Hi davidpQ6964PK,

Thank you for sharing your bliss spa experience.We are so sorry to hear about your less than satisfactory experience. I have passed this message along to our spa director, Bill Toth. If he has not done so already, he will be reaching out to you.

We hope you can afford us another opportunity to bring you the relaxation you deserve.