“Nope”
Review of Pollo Tropical

Pollo Tropical
Ranked #1,783 of 3,883 Restaurants in Orlando
Reviewed 22 May 2017 via mobile

Disclaimer. I'm a vegetarian so I understood a place with chicken in the name would be less accommodating. However, late at night not a whole lot of options were open. I ordered some sort of rice bowl with a funny name and gave it high expectations after a great description from the cashier. It had onion, grilled pepper, beans, corn and more, yet it somehow still lacked any flavor. I went to put in some sort of cilantro ranch dressing in the rice bowl for flavor. I ordered a drink and use the fountain Dr Pepper machine which tasted mostly like soda water. However, the staff are more than friendly and helpful. I also ordered a trace leches and was highly disappointed. It had a marshmallow fluff topping on it the overpowered the taste of the cake. The cake itself also tasted less than homemade quality. I am guessing this is a chain restaurant although I've never heard of it before.

Reviewed 10 March 2017

We enjoyed the whole grilled chicken dinner, which comes with 4 flaky home-made style rolls and 2 sides of your choice. This meal can feed 4; perfect for 3 hungry people.

Reviewed 30 December 2016

grilled chicken was good with flavor. The black beans were lacking flavor and white rice was lacking salt. The pork was tender, but also lacked a little flavor. The ribs were good. The arroz moro (black rice) needed salt. Overall, the food was cooked well, but lacked the typical cuban/spanish flavors. Have to remember, it is a fast food restaurant, not a true cuban/spanish restaurant. Yes, I would eat here again.

Reviewed 19 December 2016 via mobile

Just had two quick dinners with two Tropichop dinners. Chicken with rice and corn. Great value and good portions. Can't beat the price. Close to airport and convenient. Love this place. Latin Fast food at its best.

Reviewed 18 November 2016

Well, I normally like to give everyone a good chance to get a 3 or higher. We've been to many GREAT Pollo Tropicals all over Central Florida. However, this one failed to deliver. First, the restaurant was not as clean as others we've been to. Trays they serve the food on were dirty and the tables looked barely wiped. Service was also sub-par, we had a line out to the door and they still only had 1 (yes 1) register open - on a busy Sunday afternoon in a busy part of Orlando. When we finally did get the food, they had the order wrong. I did not have enough time to get it corrected and wait for the right food, so we let it go (mainly for the poor server's sake - he looked overwhelmed). The good note is the food was as delicious as usual. however, we will not be coming back here again. Too many other good, clean, fun options all around.