“enjoyed our stay very much!!!”

Tropical Inn Palm Bay
Ranked #5 of 5 Hotels in Palm Bay
Norwich, New York
“enjoyed our stay very much!!!”
Reviewed 2 May 2011

We booked this Inn for January and February,sight unseen. We liked staying here so much,that we decided to stay for an extra week..so we left at the end of the first week in March. The service was great and,the employees were very friendly and courteous and were very helpful when ever you needed it. Having the evening meal included was an extra bonus,and gave us a chance to meet and greet some of the other guests. We enjoyed the pool,but could not swim until the middle of February.....If the pool could be heated for a couple of months a year....it would be absolutely perfect........We have already re-booked for January,February and March of 2012,and are counting the days until we can go back. The General Manager, Cheryl and her husband Sal do a wonderful job of making the Inn a warm,and homey place to be,and making us feel like we are all family.We have made new friends and are anxious to see them again and enjoy the life style that the Tropical Inn resort provides.

• Stayed January 2011, travelled as a couple
1 Thank LindylouH

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (15)
Livonia, Michigan
Reviewed 21 April 2011

Nice place but nothing extravagant. Basic hotel, clean rooms, friendly staff. Furniture a bit outdated. Mattress a little too soft, but I guess that's a personal preference. Did not take advantage of the included dinners but I heard they were good. Never heard the train that someone else mentioned.

• Stayed April 2011, travelled solo
Palm Bay, Florida
Reviewed 13 April 2011

Dear Sun Seekers,

This was our first year visiting Florida as “Snow Birds” and we wanted to be able to stay south until Spring. Being budget minded retiree’s we knew that it would be a challenge finding a place that could meet our needs for three months without breaking the bank. So when we found the Tropical Inn Resort on the Net we hoped it would fit the bill.

Upon arriving at the Tropical Inn Resort we were greeted by the most friendly, helpful and accommodating staff. We also pleasantly found a comfortable, super clean, spacious, and cheery room that was economically affordable.

They offer a standard Continental Breakfast, but the catered complementary dinners are a welcoming reward after a long day of exploring the beaches and sight seeing. No cooking ladies and easy on the pocket book..

We also must note that they serve the best fresh brewed gourmet coffee “free” in the lobby throughout the entire day where guests gather together on the comfy red leather sofas to converse about their daily activities and to solve all the problems of the world, lol.

Staying at this little gem overlooking the beautiful Indian River Lagoon with the breathtaking sunrises, nonstop bird watching, and entertaining pods of dolphins cruising the glistening water in the early morning will be a lasting memory for both Frank and I.

So folks if you are looking to get away from all that “white stuff “ next year, then consider this modest, personable, homey resort that offers various activities and fun events where you are sure to make many new friends.

Kathy and Frank

Room Tip: river view
Stayed March 2011, travelled as a couple
Schenectady, New York
Reviewed 13 April 2011

We stayed 3 months. Our room was very cozy and extremely clean. The people on the desk gave us what ever we asked for. The housekeeping dept. was THE BEST. The dinner servers were so friendly and gave us directions to many local beaches. We met so many nice people from other cold states. Penn.,Michigan,Mass.,. Canada also. We loved our experience,can't wait to go back next year.

• Stayed January 2011, travelled as a couple
Woodruff, South Carolina
Reviewed 5 April 2011

Enroute from South Carolina to Ft. Lauderdale about 9 hrs into my trip I knew I had to find a room for the night. I exited I95 on Wickham Rd. in Melbourne and realized pretty quickly that the hotels in this area were out of my price range. I then made my way to US1 and it was quite sometime before I hit a few more hotels, but these were unacceptable below budget hotels. I just kept driving and was truly surprised when I found the Tropical Inn Resort on US1, a riverfront location.
I went into the lobby to register and by the way I had my pet with me and the fee was all of $10 for the night! I was offered a complimentary dinner of Baked Ziti and was told that it was kareoke night in the lounge. I made my way to my room and noted immediately that there was tile flooring for my pet in case of an accident, the room had a queen bed and sofa and was quite comfortable as far as hotel rooms go. After a quick shower I headed back to the main lobby for the evening meal and I also had a few cocktails at the lounge while enjoying the karaoke. Before heading out the next morning to continue my trip I also managed a quick swim in the pool.
I really loved my experience at this establishment and will definitely return on future trips. The staff are all very friendly and accommodating and although I was traveling alone I felt very comfortable. I really felt like I was at an Inn, it's very different then your typical hotel experience.

• Stayed March 2011, travelled solo
1 Thank skydancing33
Newburgh, NY
Reviewed 1 April 2011

Having had our fill of a winter in New York that began with the "Christmas Blizzard", my husband went in search of a Florida refuge for us and our little dog, too! Sounding too good to be true, we sent our Orlando-based daughter on a "check it out" road trip, only to be told, "Iif you don"t stay here, you"re crazy!" And she was right. At first arrival, it was apparent we were at a former Days Inn in transition, and what a gem it is, and will continue to be as it becomes even more polished by Cheryl and her amazingly friendly and accommodating staff. We stayed for 30 days, and are already booked for 60 next year! The rooms are clean, feshly renovated, "tropically" painted and furnished, (with a need for slightly firmer matresses). A light continental breakfast and a catered, (pre-printed) dinner are provided daily, which allowed us to decide when to try any one of the local delicious restaurants should the evening's meal not be to our tastes. Nightime activities for adults are there for the taking, and a lovely pool area is a great gathering place during the day. (My only wish is that it be heated or solar covered in the future.) Situated across the street from the Indian River, beaches are less than a 15 minute ride away, as is any shopping adventure you could want, from big box stores to quaint "downtown Melbourne". Our pet was as warmly welcomed as we were by both staff and other guests, and no secret was made of the modest pet fee. This was one of our best "bang for your bucks" of many vacations we have taken from cruises to all-inclusive island resorts to over-priced large chain big city hotels. We miss the place and people already and can't wait for next winter's return visit.

Room Tip: 2nd floor non-smoking (pet) suite in the back!
  • Stayed February 2011, travelled as a couple
2 Thank RetiredTeach08
Charlottetown, Canada
Reviewed 29 March 2011

This was our second one week stay for March break and we truly enjoyed it. My wife and I shopped around last year and this year also and we could not find anything that could come near the value offered at the Tropical Inn Resort in Palm Bay. Nice tropically decorated rooms in bright yellows, oranges and green (You know you're in Florida) even if you never get out of your room. The food is nicely prepared by an Italian chef and you will always get something different to eat every night even if you stay a month. We had chicken marsala, tenderly baked pork chops, ravioli, manicotti, shrimp bow ties. All good enough to ask for seconds (that was a problem, you only get one serving). Nice pool, we were lucky ; temperature was in the 80's all week and my wife spent all her afternoons by the pool. The people we met last year were there again this year, that's a good sign of satisfaction isn't it? The staff is happy and they like their jobs, we as guests can feel that.
After reading some of the few less positive reviews, I can't help to say that some people expect a suite on the French Riviera with champagne every night for $50.00 a night, that just does not exist. My wife and I have travelled a lot, in many countries at all kinds of hotels and believe us, the Tropical Inn is a great deal for the money but it's not the Pierre in New York.

• Stayed March 2011, travelled as a couple
5.4 km away
Port d'Hiver
Port d'Hiver
#1 of 13 in Melbourne Beach

Been to Tropical Inn Palm Bay? Share your experiences!