“Favorite Restaurant”

Cuisines: French, Central European
Good for: Bar Scene, Romantic, Special Occasion Dining
Dining options: Dinner, After-hours, Lunch, Reservations
Reviewed September 17, 2018

Everything about Cafe Europe is special,I have been coming here for over 30years and it has remained my favorite restaurant,food is wonderful ,the bread to die for.
But what makes it so special are the staff ,they are like old family friends ,a hug as you enter the door ,piano music greets you,sweet poodle under the piano,and my favorite bartender ever with the beautiful smile is Joy.
It was our Wedding night dinner this past weekend and it was made so special by all the staff as every meal is,thanks for the champagne ,dessert and kindness of all.
Our food was delicious, loved the Sea Bass and Salmon,food was absolutely delicious ,cannot wait to return.

Reviewed September 8, 2018

We stopped going to Café L'Europe a couple of years ago, we found it overpriced for what it offers but after this hiatus went back last evening and enjoyed it again. If it wasn't for the service issues I would have rated it Excellent.

The food still is very good, the service is adequate ( you would expect better) and people watching is at its best. The ambiance is good, the piano playing is a little loud and overpowering for my taste but adds some elegance to the dinner.

What I did not like? Some members of the staff wore a very strong perfume or aftershave, it was overwhelming, could not pinpoint exactly who it was, it may have been several servers. Another faux pass, I had some of my dinner boxed to take with me as I could not finish it and they brought the box in a plastic bag and put it on the table. A restaurant of this category usually leaves the package by the exit and you can pick it up as you leave.

Reviewed September 2, 2018

Went to this restaurant with another couple. Had not been here in a number of years. Asked for the room with the piano player. Was seated promptly. The noise level was high. We couldn't even hear the music. The waitress came to our table and said she would be with us shortly, that she was the only one in that area. We found out that there were only two servers on the floor. There is a summer special and we ordered off of that. We ordered a bottle of wine and one of our party ordered vodka on the rocks. Throughout the meal we had to ask someone to pour us extra wine, to fill the water and in general anything that we needed. The food was good. BUT we were there more than 2 hours and still hadn't received dessert. At one point coffee was ordered, a busboy came with the coffee, went to the wrong table next to us and when he realized he was wrong he took the coffee back to the kitchen. I really don't blame the waitress since he was overwhelmed but we will hesitate to experience this restaurant again. As a final comment the glass of vodka on the rocks was $17.75. That was the most I have ever been charged for that one glass of vodka. And I have traveled to some of the most exclusive restaurants in the US and the world.

Reviewed September 1, 2018

Cafe L’Europe remains a consistently elegant dining option in Palm Beach. Service is attentive but not overbearing, ambience was peaceful and relaxing. The wine list was robust and dining options included a Prefix menu or abundant selections from the menu to satisfy any palate. Choose a series of appetizers or an entree of fish, beef or other proteins. The Salmon and Filet were full of flavor - the filet was slightly over temperature likely sitting under the heat lamp awaiting the salmon dish to finish (which was perfect temp). Still very tasty. Enjoyable evening!

1  Thank Maureen W
Reviewed August 13, 2018

I don't give 5 *'s willingly but café L'Europe hits it on all points, food, service and ambience.

They have a 3 course summer special for $49.50 served Wednesday thru Saturday which are the only times they are open.

For starters, a I had the Crispy tempura softshell crab with vegetables, red & yellow peppers, Napa cabbage, and plantains. Excellent. My wife ordered the Burrata and heirloom tomatoes, served radish and a balsamic reduction, also great.

For mains, I ordered the Red wine braised veal osso bucco that had a butternut squash ravioli on top over cauliflower, it melted in your mouth. One of the best I have had anywhere in the world. My wife ordered the Pan seared Branzino that came with an orzo/farro mix, sautéed spinach, grape tomatoes, capers, Kalamata olives, and a lemon butter pesto sauce. Superb.

For dessert, I had a magnificent Chocolate molten lava cake and my wife had the apple tart . Great finish to an amazing evening.

They have a great wine list with some very reasonably priced wine.

Bruce Strickland, the manager is continuously floating from table to table to make sure everything is just right.

If you are in Palm Beach, you must try Café L'Europe.

2  Thank Rschagrin