Pros: Hands down, The grounds are absolutely beautiful. The staff is very friendly and helpful. Breakfast everyday with Lynn, our waitress was a real treat. She was a delight and so personable. The breakfast is delicious and worth the price. The gym is small but you can still get a good workout. As a HR professional, they get good grades for their employee orientation. Staff is well trained and professional. If you don't want to eat on site, you can walk to a few really good places. Trevini on Sunset was very good. I would recommend it hands down. Nicki & Johnnies was good for lunch. Blue Martini in West Palm is fun for Happy Hour, 1/2 price drinks and a very nice and friendly staff.
Cons: For a place that is this historic, one would think the walls would be 12-inches thick. NOT the case at all. You can hear everything in the next room. We asked to me moved after the first night to a different room since the couple next door were watching TV and talking and you could hear every word. Hence, the suggestion for ear plugs! Be mindful that if you like to take an afternoon nap, it won't be easy. The housekeeping staff are working and talking and you can hear them. Not their fault. Again, thin walls!
If you can, bring your own pillow. You will thank me for this suggestion. The hotel really scores low here. Pillows are limp and flat. Even with two, you're still laying flat. Smoking should NOT be allowed at all. I had a gentleman sit in front of me and light up a cigar. I asked the pool guy if that was allowed and he said it was permitted at "this pool" which surprised me since I would have thought that The Breakers would be a smoke-free property. I would have moved to a different chair, but there were no other chairs available. The 20% mark-up adds up so be very careful. Everything has a surcharge and parking is $20.00 per day.
The Breakers were always on my list of places to visit so I'm glad I made the trip. Was it worth the price? Not really sure. However, if and when I do go back, I'll make sure I get one those summer specials where the prices are more customer friendly with a more perks!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Originally built in 1896, The Breakers remains one of America’s legendary resort destinations. Renowned for its seaside glamour and world-class service, the 538-room, Italian Renaissance-style hotel resides on 140 acres of oceanfront property in the heart of Palm Beach. With unapologetic luxury, The Breakers indulges its clientele, whether couples on a romantic getaway, multi-generational travelers on a family vacation or large gatherings in celebration. Thanks to the gracious dedication of its longstanding family ownership, the iconic resort re-invests a minimum of $30 million each year in the property’s ongoing enhancement and revitalization to ensure that it continues to captivate its guests. Most recently with the debut of Flagler Club, an ultra-luxury boutique hotel set within the resort. Resort amenities feature a private beach, four oceanfront pools, five whirlpool spas, 25 luxury beach bungalows and a variety of watersports; a new luxury spa; indoor-outdoor Ocean Fitness center; 36 holes of championship golf, including the Ocean Course and The Breakers Rees Jones® Course; 10 Har-Tru tennis courts; a Family Entertainment Center; an array of on-site boutiques; and nine acclaimed restaurants, with settings ranging from casual beachfront to stylishly sophisticated. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, TripOnline SA, Booking.com, Travelocity.ca, Hotels.com, Evoline ltd, Cancelon and HotelQuickly so you can book your The Breakers reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- The Breakers Hotel Palm Beach
- Breakers Palm Beach
- The Breakers Resort
- Breakers Hotel Palm Beach
- Breakers Resort Palm Beach
- The Breakers Palm Beach, Florida