The Colony Hotel(Palm Beach)
US$211
US$175
Official Website
  • Pool
Fairfield Inn & Suites Palm Beach(Palm Beach)(Great Value!)
US$114
US$97
The Brazilian Court Hotel(Palm Beach)
Free cancellation until 26/07
Book now, pay at stay
US$239
US$191
  • Pool
Bradley Park Hotel(Palm Beach)
US$115
  • Restaurant
  • Pool
Tideline Ocean Resort & Spa(Palm Beach)(Great Value!)
Savings alert! 13% below average rates

The price you found is 13% lower than this hotel's average rate of US$136/night.

US$185
US$157
Chesterfield
Palm Beach Historic Inn(Palm Beach)(Great Value!)
US$99
US$93
  • Breakfast included
Savings alert! 18% below average rates

The price you found is 18% lower than this hotel's average rate of US$113/night.

Four Seasons Resort, Palm Beach(Palm Beach)
TripAdvisor
2,489 results
All reviewsseafood barflagler steakhouseitalian restaurantcircle roomcircle restaurantan aquariumfamily pooladult poolbathroom mirrortop notchbeautiful hotelpool sideold worldover the topocean viewbeach clubvalet parking
Reviewed April 13, 2010

See a detailed review on my blog @ www.jackgalloway.com

My wife and I have six kids under age 10...this was our first vacation without them, and a celebration of our 14th wedding anniversary. THIS WAS AN IMPORTANT TRIP. The Breakers staff is so awesome that it took me a day just to get used to that level of service. From the valet to the front desk to the wait staff to the pool attendants, every single person played their part to make this vacation special. The entire hotel is so beautiful. The flowers, the lobby, the rooms, the views, and more flowers! This is no ordinary hotel. If this is a really special trip, look no further than the Breakers.

***Also, when comparing prices, don't overlook the $200 per day rewards. When I first heard about it, I thought it sounded like airline miles or something. It's not. It's real money that you can spend. We did every single thing we had time to do at the Breakers (massages, meals, room service) and I barely paid anything over my room rate.

• Stayed: April 2010, travelled as a couple
1  Thank JackBoone
Reviewed April 9, 2010

The best hotel I have ever stayed in.The food was amazing lots of choice.The weather was very hot,The pool restaurant was lovely. The staff couldn't do enought for you.,Hope to go there in 5 years time with my husband and child.What a fabulous hotel.................go.

• Stayed: May 2007, travelled as a couple
1  Thank mathew1999
Reviewed March 13, 2010

We went down to Florida for a conferance and didn't want to stay at the hotel where all was going to have some privacy. The hotel rooms are elegant and beautiful. The restaurants are top of the line and the pool area pristine. The services is five plus in the rating. It's extremely expensive but worth it if you can afford it. I wouldn't be underdressed for this hotel though. Ladies around the pool even wear there diamonds and it's not a casual hotel.

• Stayed: October 2008, travelled on business
1  Thank TransferLady
Reviewed March 12, 2010

My husband and I went to The Breakers for 3 nights in March 2010.

The positives
- Location: The resort is about 5 miles from the West Palm Beach airport so it is an easy and inexpensive cab ride. Also, the hotel is within walking distance to Worth Avenue which is a plus since you do not have to rent a car to explore the area. Cabs are easily accessible and relatively inexpensive.
-Room: We stayed in a renovated partial ocean view deluxe king room and it was beautiful... My only complaint is that the room was small and there is no bathtub but it was fine for two people. The bed, sheets and blankets are all very comfortable.
-There are a number of pools to choose from and there were plenty of available seats. I prefer sitting in the shade and we never had a problem getting an umbrella.
-The actual beach area is small and bordered by two rock/sea walls. One is treacherous looking and you cannot get past it. You are able to walk through the other one but depending on the tide, the waves might be crashing into you. Once you get through the rocky area, you can walk on the beach for miles.

The negatives
-When you are spending $500 per night, there are certain "extras" to expect from a 5 star hotel. The first is chocolates during turn-down service. They gave us 2 mini bottles of water and a seashell. Come on... a shell?! I wanted chocolate! Also, the Four Seasons Punta Mita, Ritz Carlton Cayman and Ritz Carlton Cancun all give their guests "treats" while you are lounging at the pool/beach. These include iced washcloths infused with cucumber or mint scents, mini ice cream cups, fruit skewers, mini smoothies. The Breakers did not offer any of these extras. No fruity drinks during check-in, no basket of apples in the lobby, no bottles of water to take with you for a walk, nothing.
-The lobby of the hotel smells like kitchen dishwashing detergent at certain times of the day
-For the most part, the food is mediocre at best and very very expensive. We live in NYC so perhaps we are slightly biased and have high expectations. For example, there was nothing special about the breakfast buffet... it was similar to a Westin buffet with your typical eggs, waffles, bagels, cereals, etc. The Seafood Bar was nothing special either. My husband had the tuna with a store bought bbq sauce on it. I had soup and salad. The steakhouse was actually very good and we both enjoyed our meal.

Other
-We went to Testa's (around the corner from the hotel) and Taboo (on Worth Ave) for lunch and really enjoyed both spots. We also ate at Cafe Boulud. It was good but not the best meal we have ever had.

Overall, I would recommend staying at The Breakers. It is a beautiful hotel in the perfect location. Just be aware that there are no "extras", the food is average and the prices are extremely high. Next time we go to Palm Beach, we might stay at the Four Seasons and compare.

• Stayed: March 2010, travelled as a couple
1  Thank tribespider
Reviewed March 8, 2010

I should preface this review by saying that I only stay at 4 and 5 star hotels, so my expectations are usually high for hotels. The Breakers completely met my expectations and exceeded my expectations! We had a room with two double beds and a partial view. The rooms could use a little updating and I wish the room had a balcony but the beds are extremely comfortable and the rooms are spacious. The hotel's decor is a feast for the eyes! The service is the BEST I've ever experienced. The front desk was able to check us in early (at noon) and gave us a complimentary late check out so we could chill by the pools longer.

Every time you turn a corner someone asks, "how can I be of service?". The staff is so accommodating and non-pretentious. The food was incredible, although be prepared to spend at least $100 for every meal. The Ocean Grill is ideal for lunch. The Flagler Steakhouse had some of the best filet mignon I've ever tasted. L'Escalier was where we had a special dinner with family and ranks as one of the best meals I've ever had. They had impeccable service and an amazing wine list. I recommend doing the petite tasting menu.

The spa is also a must. My massage therapist was very gentle and kind. The atmosphere is very relaxing and a good way to spend a morning.

I would definitely come back!

• Stayed: March 2010, travelled with family