The Breakers was a mind-blow. Truly a luxurious time. If you can do it, book your room on the 6th floor -- endless buffet, endless relaxation, endless booze. Worth all the weight in gold for a place to come up to after a splendid day in the exquistite lap pool, ocean side body surfing, or golf. (My teenage son was in love with the golf and girl ratio.) Should it be raining, the 6th floor let you read and relax, with big newspapers to read at leisure. The beds were great, the towel a plenty. The Haitian staff impeccably accommodating. O the 6th floor, to have you again!! Bernard, the concierge, will take care of you and make sure your lost keys get made and your two complimentary shirts get ironed. I had a massive toothache and (Eastern European woman) was so sweet and gave me Eastern European secret to ease the pain. Weather we damned, the Breakers is the getaway of a lifetime!!!! I was in a wedding party, and we were all pleased as punch to be a part of this historical place. The gold room is a lavish place to tie the knot. Go, go, go! You'll be glad you did.
I'm in love with the lap pool, too. I'm a big lap swimmer, hotels all over the world, and this rates very high, next to one in Makati in Philippines.
Only downside is the parking. It should be free... My friend dropped me off and wanted to come up to say hi for few minutes. Twenty bucks -- not nice.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Originally built in 1896, The Breakers remains one of America’s legendary resort destinations. Renowned for its seaside glamour and world-class service, the 538-room, Italian Renaissance-style hotel resides on 140 acres of oceanfront property in the heart of Palm Beach. With unapologetic luxury, The Breakers indulges its clientele, whether couples on a romantic getaway, multi-generational travelers on a family vacation or large gatherings in celebration. Thanks to the gracious dedication of its longstanding family ownership, the iconic resort re-invests a minimum of $30 million each year in the property’s ongoing enhancement and revitalization to ensure that it continues to captivate its guests. Most recently with the debut of Flagler Club, an ultra-luxury boutique hotel set within the resort. Resort amenities feature a private beach, four oceanfront pools, five whirlpool spas, 25 luxury beach bungalows and a variety of watersports; a new luxury spa; indoor-outdoor Ocean Fitness center; 36 holes of championship golf, including the Ocean Course and The Breakers Rees Jones® Course; 10 Har-Tru tennis courts; a Family Entertainment Center; an array of on-site boutiques; and nine acclaimed restaurants, with settings ranging from casual beachfront to stylishly sophisticated. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Hotels.com, Booking.com, Priceline, getaroom.com, TripOnline SA, Evoline ltd and Cancelon so you can book your The Breakers reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- The Breakers Hotel Palm Beach
- Breakers Palm Beach
- The Breakers Resort
- Breakers Hotel Palm Beach
- Breakers Resort Palm Beach
- The Breakers Palm Beach, Florida