“Pleasant Experience”
Review of Inn of America

Inn of America
Reviewed 3 February 2012

We were invited to a celebration for a friend in Palm Beach Gardens. I checked the internet for a place to spend the night, but everything was so expensive. My husband and I decided to make the trip anyway with the hope that we would find a reasonably priced little hotel close by. On the way, we picked up a hotel coupon book at one of the rest areas. We saw Inn of America off of I-95 exit 77. It was reasonably priced and very close to our destination, so we decided to take a look. We were very pleasantly surprised. This hotel is very easy to get to off of 95. The gentleman behind the counter, Ashok, was very accommodating and friendly. Our room was perfect...clean and well equipped. We had a comfy king size bed, refrig with freezer, microwave, ironing board, and a brand new flat screen t.v. I don't usually write reviews, but felt compelled to do so for this hotel. Hopefully, if you are like me and you are looking for a nice, clean, place to stay for a reasonable price, this review will help you. By the way....they also have outside cameras and the local police make rounds through the parking lot. We felt very safe.

• Stayed: February 2012, travelled with friends
1  Thank Liz34471
innofamerica, General Manager at Inn of America, responded to this reviewResponded 25 February 2012

Dear Madam,
We value your opinion and greatly appreciate you taking the time to write a review on your stay with us! I'm glad to hear you had a positive experience with our staff and services. We know that you have many options out there and would like to personally thank you for choosing us for your stay. We value you as a customer, and it was our pleasure to have you! We hope to see you again in the near future! Best wishes to you and your family!

Reviewed 6 August 2011

I am from New Jersey and booked a trip through cheap tickets.com to go assist my brother (who lives in Palm Beach Gardens) with some personal business.
Our mother had just passed away and I was exhausted from funeral.
On June 21, 2011 I flew into Palm Beach Gardens and my brother took me to the Inn of America to check in.
The front desk manager seemed to be pleasant enough and checked me in with no incident.
When I walked into the lobby, I was leary because the motel looked very seedy from the outside and in the lobby area.
My brother and I went to the room that was assigned and I was horrified.
When you walk through the door of the room, ( which is accessible from the outside only) the carpet was disgustingly filthy. There were two queen-size beds and the bedspreads looked dirty.
I have been very paranoid about bedbugs since the epidemic. So when I removed the bedspread to check, the sheets were filthy and had holes in them. I could not stomach the room. I knew if I attempted to stay there, I would not be able to rest so we went back to speak with the manager.
I told the manager that I was very uncomfortable staying at this motel and he offered to change my room. I refused and requested a refund.
He told me that I needed to call cheaptickets and request a refund through them since I booked the motel with them.
When I called Cheaptickets and told them about the conditions of the room, they told me that they would have to get the manager to approve the cancellation.
Needless to say, I was charged a one night stay of $67.50 penalty.
At that point, I didn't care I just wanted to get out of there.
Whatever you do. Do not book this motel. You will be sorely dissapointed.

• Stayed: June 2011, travelled with family
4  Thank lili22902003
innofamerica, General Manager at Inn of America, responded to this reviewResponded 1 February 2012

Dear Sir,

Thank you for taking the time to provide us with feedback about your stay. We value your comments so we can continue to improve the service we offer.

I would like to start by apologizing to you for not meeting your expectations. We strive to provide all our guests with a comfortable, “home away from home” experience, and I am very sorry we failed at that mission. We clean our rooms daily, including bedspreads and all linens and have our rooms routinely treated; therefore, we can proudly say that we have never encountered a bed bug problem at our facility.

I'm happy to hear that you had a pleasant experience with our staff and we regret that you did not to accept a room transfer at the time. Please do understand that our hands are tied when a traveler chooses to book through alternative methods and not directly from us.

I am truly sorry for your loss and your negative experience. I hope you will give our company a chance in the future to prove that your unsatisfactory experience was just an exception! Take care sir and best of luck!

Reviewed 25 April 2011

This place needs to be shut down immediately, Urine in elevators, barely any lights in parking lot, no security on doors, disgusting moldy room air conditioners (not central air with vents) dust all over the room. Looks like the carpets haven't been vacuumed since they were installed. This place doesn't even compare to a 1950's Super 8 Motel. Gross, gross gross!!! The police circling the parking lot add a nice touch.

Stayed: April 2011, travelled solo
6  Thank njcs
Reviewed 30 December 2010

I usually don't stay in hotels when I come to palm beach, because my family is there but they hadn't made it from Alabama yet and we had been at Disney earlier and we were exhausted. upon entering the room we were welcomed by a horrible smell stains on carpets made us scared to walk around without our shoes entered the bathroom and a huge roach was dead in the tub so no baths that night we all go in the bed in our clothes and could barely sleep. In the morning I guess the ppl who stay in the hotel were very inconsiderate cussing and just loud talking. O AND FORGOT YOU HAD TO PAY $7.99 FOR INTERNET ARE YOU SERIOUS?? I would never stay there again HORRIBLE AND NOT WORTH $66 DOLLARS COULD HAVE SLEPT IN MY CAR FOR THAT. DO NOT EXIT OFF OF NORTHLAKE BLVD FOR THIS HOTEL.

• Stayed: December 2010, travelled with family
5  Thank msladydade
Reviewed 13 April 2008

I had made the mistake of booking one night at this motel through SHDweb on March 12 2008. The internet appearance of The Inn Of America in Palm Beach Gardens appeared quite inviting! Previously, I had made a reservation at a much more expensive Hotel in that City. But I thought that I needed to cut back on costs for my vacation. The internet absorbed a rate fee of $107.10 for the intended nights stay on March 19. Also taken was the tax amount and SHDweb nonrefundable fee of $5.99. On that particular day I had driven 5 long and hard hours from St. Augustine, Florida south. I arrived Palm Beach Gardens and located the motel at about 5:00 pm totally exhausted. I didn't care for the outward appearance of this motel along side of I-95. It seemed to be quite dirty and worn-out. I asked to see my room and was escorted by a staffperson. She could not open the door with the card-key. Just looking in the window told me that I had arrived at a very seedy motel. I informed the Manager at the front desk that I did not wish to stay at this motel. He said that it is paid for and there will be no refund. I left and sought alternative arrangements for that overnight stay. This and another similar situation which had occurred during my 5 day vacation has convinced me that I cannot reserve a motel/hotel room sight unseen through the internet based upon the description and photo's offered by such a location to innocent travelers. I absolutely do not recommend that any traveler stay at The Inn of America in Palm Beach Gardens! This motel needs a thorough overhaul.

Stayed: March 2008
5  Thank Ripped-Off08
Reviewed 31 July 2007

While in lobby checking in a gentlemen behind me was meet by a local "lady" of the streets and from over hearing conversation he regularly come that way and she "watched for him". Driving around hotel to room noticed what seemed to be vagrants hanging out around parking lot and noticed the other local attraction a large ABC liquor store next door. I was very cautious when leaving and returning from dinner and if my company had another approved hotel anywhere near meeting for the next morning would have left.

• Stayed: July 2007, travelled on business
    • Check-in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)
8  Thank jdwanabe
Reviewed 1 February 2007

I stayed here one night--and that was enough. While one of the hotel staff was very polite and eager to assist (he seemed almost embarrassed by the lax attitude of his co-workers), it failed to make up for the lack of safety of the place. Florida is full of transients; unfortunately, this motel is one of the places where they shack up for extended stays. While checking in, one of the transients wanted to show me to my room. Yea, right!! Like I would trust that guy! The staff didn't seem to think this was strange. After that, I made sure to look over my shoulder while on motel grounds. The room itself appeared nice, at least externally. I liked the decor. However, the faucet was falling out of the counter and every time I turned it on it wrenched out of place. Later, after returning from dinner, I found the parking lot full of about 10 police, donned in bullet-proof vests and riot gear. I didn't hang out in the parking lot long enough to find out what was going on. I figured some of the transients got busted for drug possession. I scurried into my room and locked the door. I would have loved to have chained or bolted it, but there was none! Scary, especially considering the place is a criminal hangout. Also a big disappointment was the $8 wireless Internet surcharge. Most motels give you free wireless these days. The one plus was the long pillows. I got to cuddle with them to comfort me at night wondering who would try to break down my door. But I wonder how many others have done the same? Dirty transients? Ick!

Stayed: January 2007