“Great Seafood But Inattentive and Untrained Staff”

New England Fish Market & Restaurant
Ranked #2 of 44 Restaurants in Palm City
Price range: US$10 - US$20
Cuisines: Seafood
Good for: Child-friendly
Dining options: Dinner, Reservations
Description: If you want fresh, unadulterated fish or seafood that is not dressed up in the plastic atmosphere of a chain, you've come to the right place. The New England Restaurant offers quality and value as well as honest true-to-its-roots fare. Run like a ship, the friendly, down-to-earth staff is like a tightly knit community that resembles the hardworking families of the northeast for whom fishing is not only their lifeline, but also their passion. New England Restaurant is a well-run operation that knows its product and doesn't stray from its intention to serve fresh, tasty seafood with pride and efficiency at a fair price.
Reviewed 2 weeks ago

We have been going to the New England Fish Market Restaurant for several years. The Seafood is fresh, but the untrained staff makes it an unpleasant dining experience. We will not be going back. Last night my husband and I went to dinner. We both ordered appetizers. His came and after he was finished eating mine came. He had soup. Why didn't they wait until mine was ready before they served his? We also both ordered Swordfish with different sides. Both dinners came with the same sides. The waitress was clueless. I also had to wait a very long time to get my check which was wrong. It was not a pleasant dinner.

Reviewed 9 March 2018

Their seafood is so fresh and delicious and they have great selection plus new seasonal items all the time. I go often and have never been disappointed. Garlic oysters are out of this world.

Reviewed 3 March 2018

Enjoy the food and the staff is very pleasing. Daily specials and you can adjust portion size. Good mussel appetizer (which I make a meal out of) and they also give you their fish dip app portion free. Only place I buy my seafood.

Reviewed 27 February 2018

We were excited when we arrived to the area to see the advertising for this restaurant. When we arrived, we took notice of the fresh fish market out front and the cabinet had stuffed clams. We asked, when we were seated, about the stuffed clams and were advised that they were not on the menu. Why would you have something in the cabinet and not have it on the menu. We both ordered the New England clam chowder and the fried haddock dinner which came with French fries, cold slaw and tartar sauce. The chowder had sand grit which took away from the excellent taste and consistency. The haddock was cooked perfect and was nice and white, as it should be. No skin attached, as it should be but once we hit a bone, we had enough. The cold slaw was very good but in my opinion, too much celery seed. The tartar sauce was excellent. As is typical in most restaurants, and I don't know why, I had to search other tables for a ketchup bottle that was not nearly empty. The service was OK, but the wait person was there for the order and then there for the check.

Reviewed 23 February 2018 via mobile

Great meal, garlicy mussels are great. Haddok and grouper were excellent. Recommend. Fish done in new england style.... Broiled or any way like it.