“enjoyable”

Ranked #6 of 11 Hotels in Palm Coast
Ocala, Florida
“enjoyable”
Reviewed 26 September 2011

we always stay at holiday inn express they are very courtious to us jennifer young was the most nicest person we have experiance with the other staff members are very nice the rooms are very clean always have a pleasant stay when we are there thank you elizabeth johns

• Stayed September 2011, travelled as a couple
HIExpressPalmCoast, General Manager at Holiday Inn Express Palm Coast, responded to this review, 27 September 2011
Thank you for your positive feedback! Our team strives to excel with every guest and we love to hear it when it works. I will make sure to pass your comments on to Jennifer and we look forward to your future visits if you should ever get back this way.

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (40)
Powder Springs, Georgia
Reviewed 25 September 2011

We booked at this hotel to avoid a long drive from Atlanta to Port Canaveral in one trip. It was a very nice hotel (at least the portions we saw ... we checked in late in the evening and was up and at it the next day.) Lisa (if I am remembering the name correctly) was the evening clerk and was very nice during our check-in and helping with extra linens for the sofa bed and an extra razor.

My teenage daughter was especially intrigued by the instant pancake maker in the dining area. Indeed, you have to watch for the signage and know where to turn as it is positioned off to the side from the Hampton and around the lake in front of the two hotels. But it is fine.

While this particular exit isn't jammed full of restaurant options (there is a Burger King), the other main Palm Coast exit has plenty. The hotel is behind a grocery store. All in all ... a fine stay.

Room Tip: We asked for a higher floor and it gave us a little bit of a view.
  • Stayed September 2011, travelled with family
I am glad the hotel’s location was so convenient to help alleviate the long drive. Lisa is one of our newer team members and she has been an asset since joining us. I will be sure to pass along your kind words to her and I appreciate positive feedback.

The pancake machine is a pretty cool item to go along with the rest of the breakfast. It’s almost like magic, push the button and here they are a minute later!

I am sorry you had difficulty locating one of our excellent local restaurants at this exit. Next time you take a trip down to Port Canaveral stop by again and we will send you somewhere great!
Savannah, Georgia
Reviewed 28 July 2011

I stayed at this hotel during a much need getaway Memorial Day weekend. Not only was the hotel clean and attractive, the staff was AWESOME. I had booked this visit through an on-line booking agent and there was some issues with the booking and the hotel (Emily and her boss) were awesome about resolving my issues.
I cannot say enough about how happy I was to meet such nice people (especially in today's hostile environment). Whenever I am in the area, I will definitely stay here . . . you should too!!!!!

• Stayed May 2011, travelled as a couple
Thank you for your positive feedback about your stay. Our team strives to make every guest's stay as effortless as possible and it's great to hear when we hit the mark. We look forward to your next visit to Palm Coast!
Palm Coast, Florida
Reviewed 26 July 2011

Very nice night away from home. Jennifer at the front desk kind and helpful. Room is very clean and has everything I need to make my night comfortable Internet for finishing up business and clean and nice to relax - Thank you! Will visit again in about 2 week and will not change a thing

• Stayed July 2011, travelled on business
Thanks for your kind words about Jennifer! She is a great assett to our team here! We look forward to your future visits to Palm Coast.
Greenville, North Carolina
Reviewed 17 July 2011

The hotel was in poor condition and was not clean! The room we were giving had two double beds we reserved a room was a king bed.Check in time was 3pm finally at 4 pm we got a room again not the room we reserved,called the front desk and told the young lady it was the wrong room and her 1st responce was HAVE YOU USED THE BATHROOM BECAUSE IF YOU HAVE YOU WILL HAVE TO STAY IN THAT ROOM! This was not in anyway a place that we will ever stay again.

• Stayed February 2011, travelled as a couple
Let me start by apologizing for your unpleasant stay. We strive to make every guest’s stay as pleasant and smooth as possible. Since your stay in February the hotel has had a change in management. We have also addressed the issues you mentioned in your review so that we can offer a better experience to customers in the future. Again I apologize for your experience and would encourage you to give us another chance if you should ever get to Palm Coast again. Feel free to contact me anytime and I will personally arrange your reservations.
Coral Springs, FL
Reviewed 12 July 2011

We recently stayed at the HI Express in Palm Coast for a Girls Lacrosse Tournament. We picked this hotel because they are a pet friendly location. From the moment we arrived (early) to the moment we left, Jennifer, one of the front desk staff members went above and beyond to make sure that we had our accommodations worked out, a roll away bed and extra towels.

The room was very clean considering it is a pet friendly location (this was our first hotel stay with our new puppy and I was really apprehensive of what it would be like). The self-serve pancakes and the coffee was delicious. The breakfast staff was great also.

• Stayed July 2011, travelled with family
Miami Beach, Florida
Reviewed 15 June 2011

The only good thing about this hotel was the staff- who were extremely polite and welcoming. However, the rest of the hotel could use a lot of remodeling. First off, the hotel is located right off 95 but doesn't have enough signage and isn't visible from the main road. However, the Hampton Inn is right next to it so if you are looking for this place, turn into the lot where the Hampton Inn is and it'll become visible. Secondly, the hotel is in a shady neighborhood, and we actually sort of worried about parking our car in its parking lot. A number of the rooms are on the first floor, and given the neighborhood, it just made me feel uncomfortable (we were placed in a first floor room). When I expressed my feelings, I was assured the police patrol the area on a regular basis, which in some ways made me even more concerned?! Anyway, the room itself was extremely outdated. It had one of the oldest tvs I've ever seen. It didn't get good reception (needless to say, was not a flat screen), and it was physically bolted to the table it sat on, and I had limited ability to move its position so that in the end, my husband and I were not able to both comfortably see the screen from the bed. There was a sign in the room declaring that its contents were inventoried daily by housekeeping, and then it ran down the list of charges we'd receive if various items were found missing. Room smelled funny but it is hard to describe- maybe like it had been subjected to too many chemicals? Bed sits low to the ground and was very uncomfortable. I slept terribly. Breakfast in the morning was adequate, but we didn't stay long as we couldn't wait to get out of there. We booked this room on Hotwire and hotwire called it a "3 star" hotel. Not sure where that comes from!

• Stayed May 2011, travelled as a couple