Oh boy. I have to say I mostly agree with Tropic2112 on this one. We had 3 couples and a single in our group and booked through Hotels.com, so it was a decent price. We thought. When we got there the front desk gals were not at all welcoming. The word neutral fits pretty good. The room was VERY worn out and right out of the 1970's, when the place was built. They are supposedly trying to work on it and I guess it's costly to update, but maybe they should close it off and do it all! It sits right on Route 19, a very busy highway, but the rooms do have nice balconies with a view of the canal. There was an alligator and wildlife to observe. The maid, Norma, was a very good. The breakfast did consist of coffee, juice and small plastic wrapped sweet rolls, and on some days muffins too. That's it. Of the 4 rooms we had, the phones in one of the rooms worked okay. One couple never had a working phone the whole time. There were 2 washers and 2 dryers for guest use, but 1 of each was broken. The laundry room was dirty, as were the machines. No soap to purchase and no change machine. I most definitely will NOT go back to this hotel. Even at the deal we got, so not worth it.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The hotel is a beautiful, waterfront, Mediterranean style hotel, nestled quaintly around our boat basin, which adjoins Lake Tarpon. Lake Tarpon is a 2500 acre (10 Km) sports & recreation lake. All of our spacious rooms have a beautiful waterfront view of our boat basin. Our rooms consist of standard rooms with 2 double beds or 1 king size bed. Relax around the pool after a fun filled day of fishing, boating, golfing, sunning or sight seeing. When the day is done you will sleep peacefully, in a bed so comfortable you will want to take it home with you. We are confident you will return again and again, to enjoy the pleasure and comfort of our hotel. We are located across from Innisbrook Golf Course & Spa, just minutes from the Historic Tarpon Springs Sponge Docks, Brighthouse Baseball Field & Gulf Beaches. Meeting Rooms, Banquet Rooms also available. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Hotels.com, Booking.com, Travelocity.ca, TripOnline SA and Cancelon so you can book your VISTA Inn on Lake Tarpon reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Lake Tarpon Hotel Palm Harbor
- Palm Harbor Best Western
- VISTA Inn On Lake Tarpon Florida/Palm Harbor