Found this 'Resort' on Groupon-getaways. Seeing we were already in Florida, thought we'd try the new area. The price was attractive enough that we thought we'd give it a try.One of the upsides is that it is on a waterway and there are lots of birds and turtles, so this made it interesting. The bed was comfortable for sleeping, other than that the rooms are tired with poor lighting. We made the mistake of picking up the bedspread and throwing it on the bed one morning and the maid came in and left it that way (guess she thought it was now 'made'). There is no breakfast to speak of, other than coffee (it wasn't very good and we aren't overly picky) and prepackaged sweet buns. There is a pool and a hot tub with a number of chairs and loungers, but the pool was very cold and you bring your own towel(luckily we had beach towels with us). It is located on a handy main road/hwy and not too far to get into Tarpon Springs, which was very interesting to see. Also a few restaurants are located within a mile or so. Nothing in walking distance. There is a fridge and microwave in the room, which is handy.
The young woman at the check-in counter was very friendly and helpful and gave us a first floor room when we asked.
Overall, not a resort, but the value seemed in line with the price.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The hotel is a beautiful, waterfront, Mediterranean style hotel, nestled quaintly around our boat basin, which adjoins Lake Tarpon. Lake Tarpon is a 2500 acre (10 Km) sports & recreation lake. All of our spacious rooms have a beautiful waterfront view of our boat basin. Our rooms consist of standard rooms with 2 double beds or 1 king size bed. Relax around the pool after a fun filled day of fishing, boating, golfing, sunning or sight seeing. When the day is done you will sleep peacefully, in a bed so comfortable you will want to take it home with you. We are confident you will return again and again, to enjoy the pleasure and comfort of our hotel. We are located across from Innisbrook Golf Course & Spa, just minutes from the Historic Tarpon Springs Sponge Docks, Brighthouse Baseball Field & Gulf Beaches. Meeting Rooms, Banquet Rooms also available. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, Hotels.com, Travelocity.ca, TripOnline SA and Cancelon so you can book your VISTA Inn on Lake Tarpon reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Lake Tarpon Hotel Palm Harbor
- Palm Harbor Best Western
- VISTA Inn On Lake Tarpon Florida/Palm Harbor