“Nothing real fancy, but...”
Review of Sea Hut

Sea Hut
Ranked #5 of 76 Restaurants in Palmetto
Cuisines: American
Dining options: After-hours, Breakfast, Dinner, Reservations
Dining options: After-hours, Breakfast, Dinner, Reservations
Reviewed July 9, 2018

what you see is what you get. Good seafood (although they have a nice - sized menu offering a good variety of dinner items other than seafood) presented in an old Florida seafood restaurant atmosphere. Appetizers that were enjoyed by our family: Crab-stuffed mushrooms, Escargot, and Calamari. Entrees were:Pan seared Black Grouper, Combination Scallops and Shrimp Scampi. Both these dishes were 5 star. The Black grouper was seasoned and pan seared perfectly. Plus both my wife and one daughter thought the regular portion was large enough given the fact it comes with a choice of two sides. They accommodated my request for one of my sides to be linguine along with my scampi. My wife and I tried the suggestion of others on TripAdvisor and had the spinach salad as one of the sides and were not disappointed. Another daughter had the grouper sandwich and couldn't eat the whole thing! Her son enjoyed some pasta and cheese sauce-they do have a kids menu, sandwiches, burgers etc. Additionally, there is a happy hour, the parking lot is all gravel, there is no outside seating, the bathrooms were clean, our waitress was very nice and answered all our questions and never hesitated when we asked about possible substitutions with the sides.

Reviewed July 7, 2018 via mobile

My first visit and it was better than average. I had the stuffed soft shell crab with slaw and fried okra and it was very good in an old school way. The service was good, the beer cold.

Being so close to the water, I thought that this restaurant would offer more local seafood but that was not the case.

Would visit again if I had the opportunity.

Reviewed June 29, 2018

Whenever we are on our way from Tampa to the Palmetto area we stop at the sea hut for a meal. This time it was for lunch. As usual I order fried oysters and my wife orders grouper. As usual the food is served HOT, well portioned and tasty.
If you like seafood then make this one of your stops.

Reviewed June 19, 2018

She Crab Soup is the BEST. Lobster salad plate is also fantastic. This restaurant is a hidden gem in Palmetto.

Reviewed June 17, 2018

Cute restaurant quaint and charming. Extensive menu. Great seafood. Portions are huge. Food was excellent and served piping hot. Drinks were good. Prices moderate. Went on a first date here was quiet and easy to talk. Server was good checked on us a few times but was not overly intrusive. Decor is a little tired...old Florida. Would return for dinner again.