“Aka Crab Trap I ”

Cuisines: American
Dining options: After-hours, Dinner, Breakfast, Reservations
Dining options: After-hours, Dinner, Breakfast, Reservations
Reviewed August 2, 2018 via mobile

Came here tonight for a family meal with kids. I ate on the lighter side and got the grouper, pan seared with rice pilaf and a side salad for $26. It was ok. Maybe I should have gotten in broiled?

The service was awesome. Prompt, friendly, efficient, quick, and understanding of fast meals needed for hungry children.

They brought 2 nice little loaves of white bread that was pre-cut into little slices, with plenty of those little butter packets in a bowl on the table.

1 family members got the combo shrimp and scallop scampi and this was awesome. Beautiful dish with plenty of scallops and big shrimp with butter lemon sauce with 2 sides (side salad - nothing that special) and a baked potato w sour cream. So tasty! I wish I ordered this, but was trying to eat a little healthier. The other family member got fried oysters (his usual favorite) with the spinach salad with the warm bacon dressing on the side.

They had 2 for 1 beers too which was nice!

The restaurant is large and has lots of cute decor. It’s a good old school family restaurant.

I think this is a 3.5 star place.

Date of visit: August 2018

Reviewed July 13, 2018 via mobile

Local family selected this interesting restaurant to meet up with out of town visiting relatives. Our party of 8 was well accommodated with little wait time. The menu had so many choices it was almost overwhelming. Food was good and plentiful.

Date of visit: July 2018
Reviewed July 9, 2018

what you see is what you get. Good seafood (although they have a nice - sized menu offering a good variety of dinner items other than seafood) presented in an old Florida seafood restaurant atmosphere. Appetizers that were enjoyed by our family: Crab-stuffed mushrooms, Escargot, and Calamari. Entrees were:Pan seared Black Grouper, Combination Scallops and Shrimp Scampi. Both these dishes were 5 star. The Black grouper was seasoned and pan seared perfectly. Plus both my wife and one daughter thought the regular portion was large enough given the fact it comes with a choice of two sides. They accommodated my request for one of my sides to be linguine along with my scampi. My wife and I tried the suggestion of others on TripAdvisor and had the spinach salad as one of the sides and were not disappointed. Another daughter had the grouper sandwich and couldn't eat the whole thing! Her son enjoyed some pasta and cheese sauce-they do have a kids menu, sandwiches, burgers etc. Additionally, there is a happy hour, the parking lot is all gravel, there is no outside seating, the bathrooms were clean, our waitress was very nice and answered all our questions and never hesitated when we asked about possible substitutions with the sides.

Date of visit: June 2018
Reviewed July 7, 2018 via mobile

My first visit and it was better than average. I had the stuffed soft shell crab with slaw and fried okra and it was very good in an old school way. The service was good, the beer cold.

Being so close to the water, I thought that this restaurant would offer more local seafood but that was not the case.

Would visit again if I had the opportunity.

Date of visit: July 2018
Reviewed June 29, 2018

Whenever we are on our way from Tampa to the Palmetto area we stop at the sea hut for a meal. This time it was for lunch. As usual I order fried oysters and my wife orders grouper. As usual the food is served HOT, well portioned and tasty.
If you like seafood then make this one of your stops.

Date of visit: June 2018