“Quiet & enjoyable” 5 of 5 bubbles

Ranked #4 of 31 Hotels in Panama City
Playa Hermosa, Costa Rica
“Quiet & enjoyable”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 14 September 2011

The hotel has very helpful staff & has a very bright & cheery atmosphere. The room was clean & very comfortable with very comfy beds. The continental breakfast could use some fruit & cheese.
I would definitely stay there again.
Bengt Frey

• Stayed September 2011, travelled solo
      Location
      Rooms
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
redroofpc, General Manager at Red Roof Inn Panama City, responded to this review, 14 October 2011
I would like to thank you for your business and stay at Red Roof Inn Panama City.Also I would like to thank you for recognising our friendly staff. We make all our guests feel at home.I will look into adding fruits to our breakfast so our guest like you get more options.We look forward to seeing you again whenever you are in Panama City area.

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (64)
Columbus, Georgia
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 12 August 2011

This is a great price and a suitable location. The PCB water was full of the green algie. However Mexico Beach was great. We stayed at this Red Roof in so the location was perfect. We would spend our days on Mexico Beach and our shopping and Evening at Pier Park. What a great weekend. Pool was a welcome treat as was the continental breakfast. Find me another quality hotel, with a clean pool, and breakfast for $86 near the beach!!!!

Room Tip: Ask for first floor (rooms have high ceilings)
  • Stayed August 2011, travelled with family
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
redroofpc, General Manager at Red Roof Inn Panama City, responded to this review, 21 August 2011
Dear Guest,

Thank you so very much for the compliment! We take great pride in our new RRI and always work our hardest to keep it clean and provide the best service to our valued guests like you. I am glad you liked our breakfast and pool. I hope to see you again soon. In the meantime, we will keep the pool ready and waiting for your next stay.

Thank you again for choosing RRI in Panama City. We look forward to the honor of serving you again in the near future.

Bartow, Florida
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 9 August 2011

Room was very clean, staff very helpful. I enjoyed my 2 nights there. My only complaint is there was not a coffee maker in the room. I hate going in public before I have showered etc. Coffee is located in the lobby. The Internet connection worked great, ac was wonderful. Will stay there again this fall.

• Stayed August 2011
      Location
      Rooms
Dear Valued Guest,

Thank you for your comments. We took your suggestion into consideration and have added in-room coffee to all rooms. When you stay with us again in the future, we will be ready for you with a hot cup of coffee (i.e. in the lobby and your guestroom).

Thank you again for your suggestion and we look forward to serving you again in the near future.

Atlanta, Georgia
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 1 August 2011

I did not have high expectations before I went to this place, and I was right.
I had kill a cockroach in the room and had piece of bread for breakfast ,it was obvious that the expiration date was long been passed. Btw the internet connection was poor.

• 3 of 5 bubbles
I am so sorry to hear about this. Please know that I did call a pest control service and they came and serviced the room. I will also evaluate the breakfast as we are frequently add and changing items for our guests. I will look into adding a waffle maker next month in order to offer our guest like you more breakfast options. I know this does not make up for your experience at my Inn, but please know we will work hard to make it right going forward.

If you are ever in my area again, please call me directly at 8502152727 ext. 402 and ask for Mr. Patel

Rowlett, Texas
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 28 July 2011

since I had to layover in Panama City to wait for friends to arrive into Destin, I stayed here for one night. The room was spacious and I slept good, there wasn't any noise or problems, so all in all it was okay for a night. The room did smell of smoke but I mistakenly booked a smoking room so I can't really expect otherwise.

• Stayed July 2011, travelled solo
Dear Guest,

Sorry about the smoke odor. We will look into the airfreshner we use. I did buy a deodorizing machine and it seems to be working well. I hope that you will give us another try when you are in Panama City again. In the meantime, we will continue to work on making our rooms smell even better.

Atlanta, Georgia
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 22 July 2011

Imagine our surprise when we arrived at this late night, last minute Motel Nightmare where tractor trailers filled the parking lot. When we checked in, the female at the desk was Awsome! However, when we arrived at the first room and opened the door, the smell hit us like a Louisville Slugger!!!! Can you say musty, smokey, animal pee and dander, along with the bad air freshner smell caused us to take our last breath before running outside to recover.
You want advice, save yourself, your time, and your money!
Needless to say, Panama City had a better hotel for us to rest our head for the next few nights on the other side of town.

Room Tip: Run!! & Don't look back
    • 1 of 5 bubbles
2 Thank sandacon23
redroofpc, General Manager at Red Roof Inn Panama City, responded to this review, 23 July 2011
I would like to thank you for your feedback regarding your stay.Please accept my sincere apology for the room odor. We care about our guest satisfaction and make sure that they get the best service from our hotel and staff. Your feedback always help us to take our service to higher level.I'm glad to inform you that we just received our commercial grade 500psi steam carpet cleaning machine so we can take care of any carpet odor issue in the room at any time any day.I hope you will give us another opportunity to serve you and give you the best of our service.
phenix city
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 22 July 2011

we took a 2 day family vacation. great place to stay with a great rate. staff was very friendly & accommodating. we were 10 miles from the beach. front desk was very helpful with directions to the beach and to shipweck inland. hotel was very clean and quiet. we did not eat the continental breakfast because we slept late. there is a waffle house right down the street and the food was WONDERFUL!!! the hotel is near resturants, mall, walmart etc. we will stay here again when in panama city!

1 Thank belinda086