See what travellers are saying:
Reviewed June 28, 2015 via mobile

We stumbled across this place when we decided to stay another night. Kids loved it and I did to. Paid double the previous night for a run down room on the beach. Had I known we would've stayed here the full week. It's clean and has a homey feel to it. Small but we had more room here than the other place we stayed. I'm big on clean and again it was well kept with excellent service. Why pay hundreds for a room on the beach where you're just another tourist when you can save money and be treated great. Also its beach side with just a couple condos in between it and the ocean. Easy access to a more private beach area. We will return and we won't be staying anywhere but here.

Stayed: June 2015, travelled with family
5  Thank Bonnie D
Reviewed June 20, 2014

This was our first time at Monterrey but not our last. Mary is a sweetheart and her sister too.. we ( my daughter and I ) were so pleased we already booked for next june..its not to far out. But far enough you can breath without someone on top of you. It has a public beach access with in 50 feet....im so happy we found this little home away from home...

• Stayed: June 2014
4  Thank mrmarlon2
Reviewed October 5, 2013

For the past few years I have always stayed at the Monterey Motel when in Panama City Beach usually long term during their off season. I was attracted by the price and the fact that the motel was within steps from a beach access. But things seemed to have changed here which is very disappointing. Service here has gone from good to poor and worst of all on this stay rodents in my room, not once by 4 or 5 times. Until these things I have mentioned are corrected, I can not recommend this motel.

Room Tip: if you need anything go to Sophie...she is a peach
  • Stayed: September 2013, travelled as a couple
6  Thank Jim R
Reviewed July 22, 2013

This motel is very close nit. Everyone there is so kindhearted and most are regular guests how come back every year. The motel parking lot backs right up to a public beach access which is usually very quiet. The pool has a nice sun deck and it isn't so large that a whole resort could be in the pool area, making it more private at times. All rooms are approx. the same size and each has a small living room with dining table and a kitchenette. The bathroom is small with a shower, sink and toilet in each room. The appliances are outdated and the air is musty at first but a spray of Lysol makes it all better. The owners are two sweet old ladies who run it by themselves and all you have to do is ask them and they will go out of their way to make your stay better. I have just gotten back and I have already requested my same room for next year.

• Stayed: July 2013, travelled with family
3  Thank Daphne F
Reviewed March 4, 2013

I first discovered this little gem a few years ago and I keep returning here when I travel to Panama City Beach, Florida. The two ladys that own the property are very nice and make you feel at home as soon as you arrive. This is a small older property and in my opinion the name motel does not seem to fit. There are 11 units here and they are more like apartments than a motel room. They have a living or sitting area for watching TV/ cooking w/ microwave, fridge, stove, sink , coffee maker, dishes, pots & pans and silverwear / a seperate bedroom or bedrooms / bathroom w/ shower stall. You are within steps of a beach access to the white sands of the Gulf of Mexico. They also have a nice clean swimming pool in season. The units are very clean and you can also bring your doggy. What else can I say, other than have a great vacation staying at the Monterey...

• Stayed: January 2013, travelled solo