This is not our first trip to Panama City Beach, but our first time booking through Sterling Resorts. We had to check in at Sterling Breeze, which is located next door to Tidewater Resorts. A very apathetic young man assisted with our check-in. We had occasion to speak with the same young man about other matters and his energy level was non-existent....not a good representative for Sterling Breeze or Stirling Resorts.
Our condo at Tidewater Resorts located on the 17th floor was not clean. The carpets, chairs and walls were stained. Food and crumbs in the cutlery tray and under small counter appliances. Water drips, fingerprints, grime, & "old" dust on kitchen and bathroom cupboard doors. The kitchen HAD to be cleaned before preparing any foods. (this was mentioned to the young man at Stirling Breeze and he said that he would pass this on to Brittany - the Manager - but no acknowledgement of the concerns) The water leak and plaster falling from the kitchen ceiling...fortunately Resort Quest who manage the Tidewater Building looked after this...we would still be waiting for Stirling Resorts. Other reviews mention the delay with the elevators but we found that only on Fridays when there was "Open House" and high humidity days was there much of a wait time. The building was built in 2007 but it appears to be much older and needs more day-to-day cleaning and maintenance to keep it up. One word of warning to all all you who bought new swimsuits for your holidays...don't wear them in the indoor pool or hot-tubs! The colour fading is noticeable after being in the water just one time. There is no warning posted. The common area computers were down for 3 weeks of the 4 that we were there but we were constantly being reassured that the would be "up and running" that day!
The views of the beach and the Gulf of Mexico are wonderful. We met so many nice people both at the resort and our walks on the beach and around Pier Park. Winn Dixie and CVS Drug Store are also within walking distance. The security fence and gate for the parking garage was reassuring. The Mardis Gras celebrations at Pier Park and the fireworks from the Pier were a blast. We would definitely go back to Panama City Beach but probably not to Tidewater Resorts and definitely we would not book through Stirling Resorts.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Tidewater Beach Resort is a first class resort condominium featuring an impressive array of amenities for owners' and guests' enjoyment. Two huge lagoon pools with hot tubs, a 4,300 sq. ft fitness center with roman spas, saunas and steam rooms, a 5,000 sq. ft. conference center, a movie/media center, indoor pool, seven elevators and much, much more... ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Hotels.com, Priceline, Booking.com and TripOnline SA so you can book your Tidewater Beach Resort reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Tidewater Beach Hotel Panama City Beach
- Tidewater Beach Resort Panama City Beach, Florida