Overall, I'd have to say that Tidewater wasn't for us (my husband & I). We complained about one thing or another the entire trip. It is a bit tricky to review a property because condos are independently owned & is not run like a resort/hotel. I will tell yall what I think & you can choose to take it with a grain of salt or seriously. Let's start with the positives: it's SUPER quiet & in such a beautiful area of PCB. Very calm & relaxing. We went for our honeymoon so it was perfect. Also the time of year we went was a perfect time to visit. We went the week before school let out so that part of the beach & the resort itself was pretty dead. The beach itself, water & sand that was directly in front of Tidewater was perfect. The negatives: you had to wear a wrist band that way you can go all over the property & they are aggravating. Also, they are EXTREMELY strict. They impose a curfew. It's called 'quiet time' but we call it curfew. You could not smoke on the balcony or even in the parking garage. That's ridiculous! I understand how touchy people are about smoking, but come on! Also, any kind of electric car/moped, etc is not allowed on the property. Even in the parking garage. I was pulled up front where the drop off is & my husband ran up quickly to get something & the security guard told me that those vehicles were not allowed on the property. That's stupid! What if we had a rental for the entire day, where were we to park it? Also, the bed broke the 1st day we were there & Southern Resorts came way later into the NEXT day to replace it & the internet was extremely hard to get online. We felt incredibly unsafe at nights because our condo was very secluded off on it's own & only had a keypad, not a regular lock. It would be a good property if you have kiddos.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Tidewater Beach Resort is a first class resort condominium featuring an impressive array of amenities for owners' and guests' enjoyment. Two huge lagoon pools with hot tubs, a 4,300 sq. ft fitness center with roman spas, saunas and steam rooms, a 5,000 sq. ft. conference center, a movie/media center, indoor pool, seven elevators and much, much more... ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Hotels.com, Booking.com, Expedia and TripOnline SA so you can book your Tidewater Beach Resort reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Tidewater Beach Hotel Panama City Beach
- Tidewater Beach Resort Panama City Beach, Florida