All reviews front desk panama city one night stay would stay again three nights minute drive coffee maker beach ripleys pcb microwave carpet walmart condo
Reviewed June 21, 2017 via mobile

My son and I just had a week long vacation to Panama City Beach. We stayed in an oceanfront condo for 6 nights but needed accommodations for one extra night. I was not familiar with the chain hotels in this city prior to this trip. I bought an Express Deal on Priceline and ended up getting this hotel. The thing with Express Deals is you do not know the name of the hotel before you book it. I would have never chosen to stay in a Sleep Inn, as I have never stayed in one before.

I don't have anything negative to say about this hotel, but at the same time I don't have anything great to say about it. It was a very average hotel experience. The first room we were assigned was very damp and musty and the air conditioning unit was making a terrible sound. We immediately went down to the front desk and requested to be moved to another room. The 2nd room was much better, the air felt normal and the air conditioning unit was working properly. The beds were not that comfortable, a bit hard for my taste. I did like the pillows, they give 4 per bed and they were soft. Each room had a microwave and a fridge, which was nice. The bathrooms were large with plenty of room. It had a walk-in shower and no bath tub, which was fine. The shampoo & toiletries provided were tiny, maybe enough for one person to use once. The room was comfortable for a one night stay.

The hotel premises were standard, nothing fancy. The place seemed clean, however the clean *smell* was missing. The hotel had an odd incense type smell to it, not a smell I'm used to at hotels. It was actually quite strong and something I thought might affect my stay there. Luckily, with the A/C going full blast in the room, it lessened the smell.

Overall, this was a very average stay at an average hotel. Would I chose to stay there again? No I wouldn't. But I don't realty have any complaints about it either.

Stayed: June 2017, travelled with family
Reviewed May 5, 2017

The absolute best complimentary breakfast ever. Clean and convenient to restaurants and Wal-Mart. Terrible entrance/exit to Joan Street. Somebody messed that up really bad, can only go right leaving the parking lot. The Sleep Inn is NOT close to the beach, not at all. The cookies for the guest are really good too. Overall a good stay, just would love to be closer to the beach. Clean rooms and good AC.

Room Tip: Try to be on the front(Joan St) because the conference center(back) was being used while I was there and there was a lot of noise
Reviewed April 24, 2017

nice time to visit, children in school and college students not loose yet. Hotel is quiet and close to activities. Need transportation to the more active spots on the beach. Water is not quite warm enough for me yet

Reviewed April 3, 2017

Spent last evening here, though just a few blocks from the beach, the hotel had an excellent price, even though Spring Break was going on, a great free hot breakfast, comfortable rooms and a very friendly staff. We will not hesitate to return here.

2  Thank Donald F
Kevin G, Manager at Sleep Inn & Suites of Panama CIty Beach, responded to this reviewResponded April 19, 2017

Thank you for taking the time to review our hotel. We are very pleased to hear that you enjoyed our hotel. We look forward to you visiting us again in the future.

Reviewed March 31, 2017 via mobile

We came in to Panama Beach on Thurs evening, 3/30/17 and got a great rate through a Trip Advisor ad.saved us alot. The people at the front desk were nice and very helpful. My wife and I and the dog (a Peke) got a nice King on the ground floor near the dining area. The room faced the street but was very quiet. Room was very clean, bed and pillows comfortable and everything seemed well maintained. (no sign of bugs per a previous review !)
Hot breakfast was adequate: waffles, eggs, grits, sausage and the usual carbs.
The hotel is 2 blocks away from the beach so still convenient.

Would definitely stay again!

Stayed: March 2017, travelled as a couple

Thank you for taking the time to review our hotel. We are glad to hear that you and your wife were pleased with your room and that our staff was very helpful. We hope that you will come visit again in the future.