“Wonderful accommodations!!”

Ranked #25 of 48 Hotels in Panama City Beach
Hogansville, Georgia, United States
“Wonderful accommodations!!”
Reviewed 20 October 2011

Our experience with the Chateau Motel in Panama City Beach was great! We had a very large party here and they were absolutely the most helpful staff that I have ever experienced anywhere at any time. The staff was there to help us in any way possible. With a group this large, there are usually some complaints, but
I heard not one!! I am looking forward to my next stay here in April. No condos or us, this is where I will stay
again and again!! I highly recommend this motel!!!
Wish the ratings could be higher than excellant for service!!!!!

4 Thank charlottes596

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (108)
Bessemer, Alabama
Reviewed 20 October 2011

Very pleased this year with the staff. Very curtious and friendly and willing to assist to our rooms. Very please with room since I have a bad knee and husband had surgery on back, Anything we needed, they were on top of it. Best party ever there with the Beach Bum. The TV's were fabulous for the season and everyone was very please with that because of ballgames. One again, GREAT PARTY!!! Great Place for Party. Will be back

Roberta Underwood (Bobbie) & Jerry Underwoood

1 Thank Bobbie U
Hoover, Alabama
Reviewed 20 October 2011

If you want a place with wonderful rooms, great friendly staff that will bend over backwards to make sure your stay is the best then the Chateau Motel is the place. We have a reunion every year and I cannot say enough about the Chateau. The atmosphere of the motel is THE best, the rooms are very clean and homey .....no elevators to go up to get to your room no crowded pools...a staff that is actually concerned about giving you the best vacation place that you will remember. I could actually go out my door and within a few yards be on the beautiful white sandy beach. I use to come to Panama City when I was a teenager when there were no high buildings to block the beach view or elevators to wait on to get to your room and the people you rented from knew your name. The Chateau brings me back to those wonderful years.... .... I would highly recommend The Chateau Motel for a wonderful vacation.

1 Thank Phyllis M
Clarkston, Michigan
Reviewed 19 October 2011

We recently went to Panama City for our wedding. The staff at Chateau were super helpful and nice. One of the staff members actually made swans out of towels and laid them on our bed with a card from the staff <3. We had an issue with our door to our room and a maintenance guy was there in under a minute and he had it fixed in less than five minutes. All the rooms have some sort of ocean view. We would absolutely stay there again and plan to.

• Stayed October 2011, travelled with family
2 Thank WeddingCrowd
Davenport, Florida
Reviewed 19 October 2011

JS
we were looking for a place to stay with a great location and on the beach. this hotel was just what we were looking for, quiet and in a location were all activities were readily available. the staff was extremely helpful with helping us locate a number of awesome things to do and fabulous places to eat. we would recommend this to out friends and are planning a return visit.

• Stayed October 2011, travelled as a couple
Murfreesboro, Tennessee
Reviewed 6 October 2011

We were here for a scuba trip and ALL of the arrangements were made by our dive shop. Including the hotel. We usually stay at pretty modern places. So, when we arrived here I was a little concerned. But, I decided that I would just take a deep breath and make the best of it and be open-minded. I'm glad that I did. Yes, the place is old. But, it appears that they have done their best to maintain it. There is only so much that can be done with an older structure.

Our room was on the ground floor which I wasn't immediately happy about. But, quickly discovered that this was a huge advantage when we had to haul our scuba equipment back and forth. We had a nice-sized balcony that overlooked the ocean. It was nice to see the ocean when we woke up and opened the curtains. Also, the beach was just steps from out room. You can't beat that for $75/night! The room was clean. The bathroom is quite old but was also clean. No ventilation fan in the bathroom and had no trouble making it rain from a hot shower. We ran to Walmart for a candle to burn off the stinky smell left behind from a certain family member. :-P the bed wad firm but good. The room was a little musty but the candle fixed that too. My biggest problem was from allergies. I think this was because they allow dogs in some rooms and I'm allergic to them. I would request a pet-free room next time.

Room service was not the best. One day they did not make the bed. They just left clean towels. But, hey, I don't make the bed at home every day. So, I lived.

The other people who stay here are extremely friendly. The majority, it seems, stay for 2-4 weeks. So, they have a little community going on and are very social. This was a very cool aspect. In short, I would stay here again and build more time into the trip to enjoy the beach.

• Stayed October 2011
Sarasota, Florida
Reviewed 5 October 2011

We rode into town and as usual flying by the seat of our pants -- picked Chateau Motel randomly and were able to get a room for four nights. We were very pleased by the cleanliness of the room and the helpful staff. Had a mechanical issue with one of our bikes and staff generously shared their tools to get the bike back on the road. Many thanks to ALL the staff. We had such a great time! You are a valuable asset to beautiful Panama City Beach. Can't wait to go back.

Room Tip: Great view of the Gulf from the rooms