All reviewslight showpineapplewater showacross the streetkiddie poolbunk bedsbedroom condotake forevermaster bathroomparking deckshort walk to the beachthree bedroomother resortsdish soapup to dategreat resortgulf view
Reviewed July 26, 2017 via mobile

I have had 2 great condos in 2 different trips here!!! Staff attentive to any issues. Never any issues here. Great for kids and families. So much to do and see at the property. Love it here!! Quick check in!! Elevators are slow but the elevators on the ends are faster to use. 1 bedroom with bunks and sleeper sofa with memory foam mattress.

Stayed: July 2017, travelled with family
Stacy G, Guest Relations Manager at Laketown Wharf Resort, responded to this reviewResponded July 27, 2017

Rachael,

Thank you for your review. We are please to hear you enjoyed yet another stay with us here at Laketown Wharf, and look forward to serving you again in the near future!

Reviewed July 24, 2017

Well, where do I start? Check in was pretty quick, I made sure to ask for a very clean room, Front Desk clerk said it was. Get all the way up to room 716, as soon as you walk in there are dead bugs stuck to the walls of the hallway in condo unit. Ok let it go, walked around room, seemed to be clean overall not bad, it would be nice if housekeepers considered getting bugs off walls and stains off walls. Master Bath had Mildew piled up on shower head, looked like a 1970 shower head needs to be replaced. black mold around the bathroom fan in ceiling needs maintenance to look at. As far as furniture selection and scratches all over beds and tables and updates, I'm not getting married to the furniture or kitchen cabinets or appliances. Everything works just fine, I am there for vacation. just make sure rooms are clean, as far as ZERA leaving an inspection card, she should have noticed the mildew in master bath and dirty walls in unit. should have been taken care of prior to rental, I am not paid to inspect your property. Elevators, huh that's a joke. too many people for the amount of elevators, I think PCB should change the requirements on elevators per units in buildings, and If you reserve a higher up unit good luck no A/C in elevators, you will melt by the time you reach your floor. Too many young kids in jacuzzi, so good luck on trying to relax in peace and quiet. I will never stay in a condo unit resort again, because every owner manages their unit differently and you never know what your going to get, and too expensive for condition and amenities, no breakfast, wifi was ok. I would recommend staying at a name brand hotel that has daily housekeeping and a 24 hour front desk service that will actually answer the phone when you need help with something.

Stayed: July 2017
3  Thank Zehiah J
Stacy G, Guest Relations Manager at Laketown Wharf Resort, responded to this reviewResponded July 25, 2017

Zehiah,

We are so sorry to hear that you didn't enjoy your stay with us. I was able to located your reservation and I didn't see any notes that you had contacted us on your concerns with the unit, or we would have been more than happy to resolve these issues any way possible. Please contact us so that we may speak further about his. 850-249-1244

Reviewed July 19, 2017 via mobile

I hate to leave a bad review. I am the guy that says " ah they just had a bad day" usually and never go back and review. However, this isn't the case this time. Upon arriving I noticed right off the bat parking was terrible. Park and walk forever to get to your condo. That part, well it stinks but I can get over it. After the hike to my room I opened the door to my condo to the god awfully worse smell you can imagine. It smelled of dead fish. I waited a few and let it air out with hopes that it would help. It didn't. So after an hour of tear jerking smells I called the front desk. That was no help. Never got a call back or response. They don't care. We went to Walmart and spent $35 on all kinds of smell goods to try to mask the smell but it still didn't do the job. So no help whatsoever. Just basically we got your money enjoy your stinky vacation. On top of all this the elevators are allllllllllways slow. They take forever. If the building burned you better know how to run down the stairs because the place would be toast before an elevator got to you. Just an overall terrible experience. I don't recommend anyone waste valuable off time on this dump. There are cheap hotels all along the beach that probably will take better care of you.

Stayed: July 2017, travelled with family
2  Thank Enn1s
Stacy G, Guest Relations Manager at Laketown Wharf Resort, responded to this reviewResponded July 21, 2017

Mr. Ennis,

We are so sorry for the inconveniences you immediately had at Laketown Wharf. I was able to locate your reservation and notes, and we have two instances that you came down to the front desk and was immediately tended to. We attempted to send maintenance up to your unit. 20 minutes later on your second visit to the front desk, we upgraded you to a 2 bedroom at no extra charge.
We understand that the elevators are an issue with speed, and are like that regularly when we are in peak season at max capacity, unfortunately. The same goes for parking as well. Please be assured the building was architecturally designed in accordance to the property size and location.

Reviewed July 19, 2017

My family went down to Panama city for 3 days last week. The 2 previous times that we visited this resort (about 3 years ago), it was nice and clean. This time we did not have the same experience. The room (718) was outdated, floors were filthy because our socks were dirty immediately after walking around on the floor. The sheets did not smell clean and the towels were worn, some were damp and stained. We decided to leave a day early just because the room didn't feel clean. For the amount of $$ that we spent, I was very disappointed. We will not be returning!!!!

• Stayed: July 2017, travelled with family
3  Thank rumphsg2017
Stacy G, Guest Relations Manager at Laketown Wharf Resort, responded to this reviewResponded July 20, 2017

Hello,

I've noticed this is your second review on this unit and stay. As replied before, please notify us immediately during your stay so that we can approach these issues in a timely manner. We also have no notification of your early departure, we may have been able to give you a refund for compensation. Please contact us at 850-249-1244.

Reviewed July 19, 2017

We stayed in an ocean view unit on the 7th floor and you could tell it had not been cleaned thoroughly in quite some time. First, the unit smelled really bad and there were crumbs and dirt all over the floors, stains on walls, rings around the inside of the toilets in BOTH bathrooms and carpets were dingy. This unit could have used a thorough deep cleaning. This was our 3rd stay at Laketown and the first two stays were great....but this was years ago before they sold so we decided to come back....BAD MISTAKE!

• Stayed: July 2017, travelled with family
3  Thank courtneyrumph

Courtney,

We are so sorry to hear about your experience with your stay. We will make sure to forward this information to housekeeping, so they can put in a work order for a deep clean. For future notice, please notify us immediately of any problems or concerns, so that we may approach them in a timely manner, as we have no notes of complaints on your reservation. If you need to speak with us directly, you may call 850-249-1244. Thank you.