All reviews light show pineapple water show lake town across the street five pools main pool rooftop pool bunk beds master bathroom bedroom condo take forever parking deck other resorts dish soap gulf view great resort
Reviewed August 24, 2017

We were on vacation in Panama City Florida and stayed at Laketown Wharf. The Condo had very large rooms, but were somewhat dated. No enough power outlet for all of todays travel devices.
A nice view of the lake one one side and the beach on the other. There's a boardwalk to go to the beach. The parking garage is also on one side of the building and it is best to park above level 3 and take to crosswalks to the hotel. There are several outdoor pools, putt putt golf, fitness center and a few other on site attractions. The ONLY concern we have was the elevators. We were on the 17th floor and it could take 30 minutes to get to and from the room. Also, there is no ventilation in the elevators and it was like being in a sauna.

Room tip: Stay on 1st Floor
Date of stay: June 2017
  • Trip type: Travelled with family
Stacy G, Guest Relations Manager at Laketown Wharf Resort, responded to this reviewResponded August 25, 2017

Steve,

Thank you for your honest review, and we look forward to having you stay with us again in the near future. Unfortunately the elevators do tend to get hot and humid, just as the weather outside. Air conditioning and ventilation would be of no use to them, since the doors open and close so much so often. But we do apologize for the brief discomfort, and thank you for your patience while waiting for an elevator during our peak season. Please do not hesitate to contact us if you have any other concerns. 850-249-1244

Reviewed August 9, 2017

I love this place it's our favorite place to stay when we visit Panama City Beach. We had 3 bedroom Condo with Golf view. I would recommend this to anyone. Our family enjoyed the ice cream shop and the buffet restaurant they have onsite.

Date of stay: August 2017
  • Trip type: Travelled with family
Stacy G, Guest Relations Manager at Laketown Wharf Resort, responded to this reviewResponded August 10, 2017

Thanks so much, Jessica! We aim to please, and it seems that's what we've accomplished yet again! We look forward to seeing you again soon!

Reviewed August 2, 2017 via mobile

We still have another night and sat here but I honestly feel it will be just as perfect as our previous 2 nights. I've never given a perfect rating, but this deserves it. Our condo was immaculate and the furniture was all very comfortable and well taken care of. The view was fabulous and beach access was easy and fast. I've seen many reviews complaining about the elevator situation so I was worried. Well we've been up and down from the 20th floor too many times to count and our longest wait was maybe 2 full minutes!! And never did we step into a gross, unclean elevator. The pools were clean and refreshing, the rooms in condo were large, and the nightly light/music show was a fun, free bonus. We have enjoyed every second here and will hopefully be back many times!

Date of stay: August 2017
Trip type: Travelled with family
Stacy G, Guest Relations Manager at Laketown Wharf Resort, responded to this reviewResponded August 4, 2017

Thank you so much for the kind words and we are ecstatic to hear that you enjoyed your stay with us so much! We aim to exceed expectations and though that is hard to do during peak season, it's refreshing to know that our hard work is paying off! We look forward to assisting you in the near future. Don't forget to call us direct to receive your 15% return guest discount!

Reviewed July 31, 2017 via mobile

We chose to stay at Laketown Wharf due to proximity to the beach. The listing stated an ocean view. The room easily accommodated the 4 people in my party (bunk bed, sofa bed and bedroom) with 2 full bathrooms. The balcony provided the ocean view and the beach was easy access via a walkway across the street. It is a condo, so be prepared to bring your own trash bags and toilet paper if you are planning an extended stay. It was also nice to have the washer/dryer and dishwasher in the room. The kitchen was adequately supplied with kitchen supplies and utensils. There were some complaints about the elevators being slow, but we did not have too many issues. Overall, great stay and we will definitely stay here again.

Date of stay: July 2017
Trip type: Travelled with family
Stacy G, Guest Relations Manager at Laketown Wharf Resort, responded to this reviewResponded August 1, 2017

Thank you for your review! We look forward to seeing you on your next visit with us! We will have a 15% return guest discount waiting for when you call and book with us directly!

Reviewed July 29, 2017

This was my first time visiting Panama, and this place was recommended by a friend. I was there July 24-27. I read previous reviews before booking, and noticed a lot of people complained about the parking and the elevators. The longest I waited for a elevator was 5 min and I was on the 18th floor, but I must say its pretty hot on the elevators. The parking isn't that bad in my opinion. My room (1822) was very clean. I was so impressed because I didn't know what to expect. There was 8 of us and the 2 bedroom was perfect. The resort restaurant is awesome, especially the breakfast buffet. The pools where really nice and the beach is a short 2 min walk away. The view from the balcony was awesome as well, and I really enjoyed the pool areas, I visited all 4 pools. We also went to Gulf World Marine, Pier Park, and an amusement park but I forget the name. I really enjoyed my visit at Laketown Wharf, and I will be back next year.

Date of stay: July 2017
  • Trip type: Travelled with family

Thank you so much for your kind words and we are so glad to hear that you enjoyed your stay not only with us here at Laketown Wharf, but also in Panama City Beach! Don't forget to call us direct next time for your 15% return guest discount!