“Laketown Wharf Unit 928=DIRTY avoid Vacasa managed properties”

Laketown Wharf Resort
Reviewed 27 August 2017

Laketown Wharf unit 928 was extremely unclean. Avoid any property managed by Vacasadotcom . However the laketown property is well maintained and in excellent condition. With the exception of congested elevator traffic and a few elevators being out of service for short periods of time, I have only positive things to say about Laketown Wharf property. I would recommend this location if you are ok with crossing the street to get beach access.

Room Tip: avoid unit 928 , look for comments with the words "super clean " in them.
  • Stayed: August 2017, travelled with family
Stacy G, Guest Relations Manager at Laketown Wharf Resort, responded to this reviewResponded 29 August 2017

Ryan,

Thank you so much for your review. We are so sorry to hear about your negative experience with the party that you booked with. However, we are so pleased to hear that you enjoyed our property as much as we do! You are more than welcome to give us a call any time if you have any questions or concerns. You may also call us directly if you wish to stay at Laketown Wharf again under a different management group. Simply call 850-249-1244.

Reviewed 24 August 2017

We were on vacation in Panama City Florida and stayed at Laketown Wharf. The Condo had very large rooms, but were somewhat dated. No enough power outlet for all of todays travel devices.
A nice view of the lake one one side and the beach on the other. There's a boardwalk to go to the beach. The parking garage is also on one side of the building and it is best to park above level 3 and take to crosswalks to the hotel. There are several outdoor pools, putt putt golf, fitness center and a few other on site attractions. The ONLY concern we have was the elevators. We were on the 17th floor and it could take 30 minutes to get to and from the room. Also, there is no ventilation in the elevators and it was like being in a sauna.

Room Tip: Stay on 1st Floor
  • Stayed: June 2017, travelled with family
Stacy G, Guest Relations Manager at Laketown Wharf Resort, responded to this reviewResponded 25 August 2017

Steve,

Thank you for your honest review, and we look forward to having you stay with us again in the near future. Unfortunately the elevators do tend to get hot and humid, just as the weather outside. Air conditioning and ventilation would be of no use to them, since the doors open and close so much so often. But we do apologize for the brief discomfort, and thank you for your patience while waiting for an elevator during our peak season. Please do not hesitate to contact us if you have any other concerns. 850-249-1244

Reviewed 9 August 2017

I love this place it's our favorite place to stay when we visit Panama City Beach. We had 3 bedroom Condo with Golf view. I would recommend this to anyone. Our family enjoyed the ice cream shop and the buffet restaurant they have onsite.

• Stayed: August 2017, travelled with family
Stacy G, Guest Relations Manager at Laketown Wharf Resort, responded to this reviewResponded 10 August 2017

Thanks so much, Jessica! We aim to please, and it seems that's what we've accomplished yet again! We look forward to seeing you again soon!

Reviewed 2 August 2017 via mobile

We still have another night and sat here but I honestly feel it will be just as perfect as our previous 2 nights. I've never given a perfect rating, but this deserves it. Our condo was immaculate and the furniture was all very comfortable and well taken care of. The view was fabulous and beach access was easy and fast. I've seen many reviews complaining about the elevator situation so I was worried. Well we've been up and down from the 20th floor too many times to count and our longest wait was maybe 2 full minutes!! And never did we step into a gross, unclean elevator. The pools were clean and refreshing, the rooms in condo were large, and the nightly light/music show was a fun, free bonus. We have enjoyed every second here and will hopefully be back many times!

Stayed: August 2017, travelled with family
Stacy G, Guest Relations Manager at Laketown Wharf Resort, responded to this reviewResponded 4 August 2017

Thank you so much for the kind words and we are ecstatic to hear that you enjoyed your stay with us so much! We aim to exceed expectations and though that is hard to do during peak season, it's refreshing to know that our hard work is paying off! We look forward to assisting you in the near future. Don't forget to call us direct to receive your 15% return guest discount!

Reviewed 31 July 2017 via mobile

We chose to stay at Laketown Wharf due to proximity to the beach. The listing stated an ocean view. The room easily accommodated the 4 people in my party (bunk bed, sofa bed and bedroom) with 2 full bathrooms. The balcony provided the ocean view and the beach was easy access via a walkway across the street. It is a condo, so be prepared to bring your own trash bags and toilet paper if you are planning an extended stay. It was also nice to have the washer/dryer and dishwasher in the room. The kitchen was adequately supplied with kitchen supplies and utensils. There were some complaints about the elevators being slow, but we did not have too many issues. Overall, great stay and we will definitely stay here again.

Stayed: July 2017, travelled with family
Stacy G, Guest Relations Manager at Laketown Wharf Resort, responded to this reviewResponded 1 August 2017

Thank you for your review! We look forward to seeing you on your next visit with us! We will have a 15% return guest discount waiting for when you call and book with us directly!

Reviewed 29 July 2017

This was my first time visiting Panama, and this place was recommended by a friend. I was there July 24-27. I read previous reviews before booking, and noticed a lot of people complained about the parking and the elevators. The longest I waited for a elevator was 5 min and I was on the 18th floor, but I must say its pretty hot on the elevators. The parking isn't that bad in my opinion. My room (1822) was very clean. I was so impressed because I didn't know what to expect. There was 8 of us and the 2 bedroom was perfect. The resort restaurant is awesome, especially the breakfast buffet. The pools where really nice and the beach is a short 2 min walk away. The view from the balcony was awesome as well, and I really enjoyed the pool areas, I visited all 4 pools. We also went to Gulf World Marine, Pier Park, and an amusement park but I forget the name. I really enjoyed my visit at Laketown Wharf, and I will be back next year.

• Stayed: July 2017, travelled with family

Thank you so much for your kind words and we are so glad to hear that you enjoyed your stay not only with us here at Laketown Wharf, but also in Panama City Beach! Don't forget to call us direct next time for your 15% return guest discount!

Reviewed 27 July 2017

First let me say the elevators were HORRIFIC! They were slow! There is absolute no ventilaton! Its like being in a sweat bo with 20 people ebow to ebow!
AWFUL! The elevators need to be Re-Programed to work opposite of each other to accommodate better!Called the front desk TWICE about the microwave work and not work . No response!
No FIX! That was aggravating! Probably will never be back. The restaurant however was awesome!
Kids loved the pool. Oh yeah!!! Captain Andersons and Run-Away Island are very awesome too!

Room Tip: 4th floor or Lower. Trust me if they do not do something different with the way the elevators work!
  • Stayed: July 2017, travelled with family
Stacy G, Guest Relations Manager at Laketown Wharf Resort, responded to this reviewResponded 28 July 2017

Mark,

We are sorry to hear you weren't happy with your stay with us because of the microwave and heat. I would love to further assist you in the maintenance issue by locating your reservation and call log. Please contact us at 850-249-1244.

Unfortunately our elevators do tend to stay busy and packed during peak season when we are at max capacity. The elevator shafts are located outside, so with this and the constant opening and closing doors, air conditioning would be deemed irrelevant to have.

We will be more than happy to resolve any other issues you may have that have led to a 1 point rating.