All reviews colonial shores mom and pop establishment place to stay ceiling fan small kitchen super nice home away from home definitely stay here again rooms are clean staff was very friendly and helpful a great stay full kitchen spring breakers family vacation panama city lori motel
Reviewed June 10, 2016 via mobile

We came to the place but we did not stay. We lost our deposit, but we would rather have our sanity. Their was African Americans outside looking like they were gonna have a party and maybe be some bad things gonna be happening. They were outside cussing and saying nasty things and rubbed up on each other. Looked at two different room but didn't not me a two women and children ordeal! Was not impressed when we looked at the room. So however we didn't stay.

Date of stay: June 2016
Trip type: Travelled with family
4  Thank Sarah B
Reviewed June 4, 2016 via mobile

We took a trip for my birthday last year and booked a room based on price and reviews. Now that we have been there we are wanting to plan a trip for this year and I would definitely go back to the Lollye. We will be taking our daughter this time and it's nice to know what we are getting. Clean rooms, functional kitchen, and affordable. Not to mention location! I can afford to stay in the condo towers but I don't see any reason to with comfortable, quieter options right down the beach. I like the feel of the place and love being able to basically step right to the beach from the room. So all in all, yes it's older, and has some scrapes and bruises, but it's cared for. People are friendly and helpful. And I'm looking forward to our next visit.

Date of stay: September 2015
Trip type: Travelled as a couple
1  Thank Michael H
Lori L, Manager at Lollye On the Beach, responded to this reviewResponded June 8, 2016

Thank you for your kind comments. We are so glad you enjoyed your stay at the Lollye. We look forward to you becoming a return guest. Hope to see you and your family back with us this summer.

Reviewed June 3, 2016

I have been coming here for two years straight now and I have to say Its one of my favorites I cant wait till next year I come here every year for a family reunion with the Giddions family I want to say thank u to the desk clerks all the way down to maintance men we enjoy our stay ever year thanks for always making our stay awesome see yall next year

Room tip: colonial shores is just as nice
  • Trip type: Travelled with family

Thank you for choosing to stay with us here at Lollye. We can't wait to see you again. Take care and look forward to your return.

Reviewed May 30, 2016 via mobile

It is nothing fancy, but it was perfect for what we needed! Budget friendly, pool, and right across from the beach. It also had a kitchen, so we could cook meals and save money. It could use some upkeep (locks on doors), but it was great for us! The cable didn't work great, but we spent most of our time on the beach, so that wasn't really necessary.

Trip type: Travelled with family

Thank you for staying with us. We hope you will return to stay with us again soon. Please inform us of any issues you may have while you are here and we will address those while you are here, so that you may have a more enjoyable trip.

Reviewed May 25, 2016

We booked our stay at Lollye on the Beach for the first leg of a family trip to Florida. We have four kids, two of which are college age. It was going to be an expensive 10 day trip that included a week at Disney parks and Harry Potter world. We choose Panama City Beach because we used to live in Tallahassee and love the panhandle beaches. Lollye on the Beach offered an oceanfront room with two bedrooms and a sofa sleeper and full kitchen that was too good of a price to believe. Skeptical, I read reviews here that talked of their friendly staff and like-home feel. I also loved that it was an older-throwback Florida property rather than a big resort hotel. I'm a support the small business guy, and this was perfect. I called them to ask further about the room and beach, and they said it was 15 feet from their deck--SOLD. The room was nice-not fancy or real large, but this was truly oceanfront. The front bedroom and front room had windows right out to the deck with the beach right there. That rooms also extended in front of the second floor, so that there was not another hotel room directly above that bedroom, making it a very quiet room. Each room also had a ceiling fan, which was nice, and there were air conditioners in the front room and the back bedroom. My four kids doubled up just fine on the queen bed in the back bedroom and the sofa sleeper. We ate all of our meals in using the kitchen and the charcoal grill. We packed our food in to save money but also used a Dollar General that was 5 minutes away.
This is not a luxury vacation rental, but it was very comfortable, very affordable, and the staff was great. They were very friendly and very accommodating. The maintenance attendant helped me inflate all 6 of our large inflatables with a compressor -saving me a lot of time. It's also a smaller place, so even though on the weekend they were full, there was plenty of space on the deck and on the beach. And the beach was the real star: lovely white powder sand, warm blue and green clear water. There was plenty of space to spread out and not be on top of others. My kids love to dig in the sand and build castles and tunnels. Plenty of space for that. Looking up the beach at the high rise hotels just up the way, those beach areas were overcrowded, and yet in front of Lollye there was lots of space.
So, bottom line is that their location right on the beach can't be beat, especially for the price. Their rooms are comfortable, and the staff is great. A few things to know. The desk area closes at 7 pm, which I also think is great-the staff gets to go home to their own lives. There's an emergency number if there's a problem, and there wasn't any. It's a small and simple operation. Parking is a challenge when they're busy because of the very small lot. There is not daily housekeeping, but you can change out the towels and get soap or TP from the front desk. Where we were constantly coming and going from the room, we were glad not to have daily housekeeping. Also, there was free wi-fi, but in our room we could only get it well in one small area of the front room. But our room is the furthest from the office. We had such a great stay and had to drag ourselves away. For a family looking for a great value at a perfect location, this is the place, and we can't wait to come back.

Room tip: Book early enough for the oceanfront. Great spot.
  • Trip type: Travelled with family
2  Thank Jim B
Lori L, Manager at Lollye On the Beach, responded to this reviewResponded May 26, 2016

Wow. Thank you for ALL the kind things you had to say about Lollye. it is families like yours that make Lollye a special place to stay. Thank you for mentioning our staff as they each try to make your stay an enjoyable one. I am so glad you had a great time and we look forward to your return. We are just a "mom & pop" not a fancy high rise, but we try to offer an atmosphere for families who just want to a beach vacation. Again many thanks.