“Lives up to the hype”

Buddy's Seafood Market
Cuisines: Seafood
Reviewed 7 September 2017 via mobile

I find it's rare that a place lives up to the hype, but Buddy's does just that. Our most recent visit we stayed on the west end, a very short drive to Buddy's. I have of course heard the rave reviews and was excited to try it. No one was disappointed. We got the red shrimp and the "big as whales." We order a pound of each, but I feel like we got more. We also got sides of corn and new potatoes. To finish the meal, I was determined to try the key lime pie. I had heard great things about their tuna dip, but my husband wasnt excited about that as we haf bought tuna dip elsewhere that he didn't care for too much.
I don't even know where to begin. The shrimp were divine. I prefer the royal reds because I find the meat to be a bit more tender, and perhaps a little sweeter. We enjoyed the gigantic shrimp, but there's a noticeable difference in texture. If you like them a bit more tender, stick with the reds. The potatoes and the corn were also delicious and made the perfect sides.
We were stuffed, so saved the pie for later. What a perfect late night snack! It was the perfect balance of sweet and tart and oh so creamy.
We had the tuna dip the next day for lunch and my husband was regretting that we only bought a small container. Their tuna dip has a very pleasant, somewhat smoky flavor.
I think even when we stay on Thomas Drive, we will make the drive to Buddy's!

1  Thank DesireeNicoleDavis

Reviewed 17 August 2017

OK - the first time I ever went in here I thought it was kind of bedraggled looking but a friend had recommended it so we keep coming back - we had 2 lbs of the largest shrimp and had the steam treatment with potatoes and boiled corn.
We took it back to our hotel room and indulged in a feast. Added on cocktail sauce and fresh horseradish - love spicy food. It was worth it not to have to wait in line.
There was nothing left -- we did it one more time before we left the beach but only a pound this time.
I would recommend having a roll of paper towels on hand.

1  Thank BluebirdLover
Reviewed 15 August 2017 via mobile

It is surprizingly hard to find a seafood resturant that prepares fresh seafood, most of them use frozen seafood. Im from Louisiana so we came to buddys! Fresh seafood and they steam it right there for you.. and its excellent! It may be a little pricy but you get what you pay for. I highly recommend buddys.. bring it back and eat on the patio of your condo.

1  Thank sjbarber0529
Reviewed 11 August 2017 via mobile

Wanted to get fresh seafood. I was stunned at the quality. Amazing and the service was even better. They recommended fish and gave tips on how to prepare it. Extremely fast service. Will be returning. I highly recommend!

Reviewed 9 August 2017

Buddy's is the place for fresh gulf seafood! fast friendly service and a huge selection of fresh items!