BeachBreak is an older hotel that needs updating. I prefer nicer hotels but I can't always afford them when on vacation. So I look for hotels that are clean and in a good location while also taking into consideration other items such as continental breakfast, whether or not it has a kitchen, nice pool and grounds, and the location to other attractions. First we stayed in a room with 2 full size beds and a kitchenette for 5 nights. The room was fairly clean and free from any critters. We saw none. However, the beds, bedding and pillows in my opinion needed to be replaced. Beds were not saggy, just either cheap or old. Not very nice bedding nor pillows. Only a bedspread and a sheet. No blankets. We were lucky that we brought our own pillows and our own bed throws which we used to cover up with. New beds, bedding, and nice fluffy pillows would change the room immensely. It was spring break and everything was completely booked otherwise we would have left. I checked with the front desk and was told that all of the rooms were similar as far as updating. The carpet and bathrooms were older which didn't bother me. Maids service was good. Pool area is somewhat attractive with the palm trees and landscaping. As the reviewer a few days prior to me indicated...the pool area did have some loose and or missing tile which I can't understand why the property managers would let that go. Pool and hot tub seemed clean...again it was spring break so I tool that into consideration. Pool Area was cleaned every morning. Not sure if the picnic tables and kids playground belong to the Barefoot Beach Club restaurant next door...but all were nice and adjoining to the BeachBreak hotel. So good if you have small children. And 2 volleyball nets in front of the Barefoot Restaurant on the beach which my kids and I played at everyday. Small free standing Charcoal BBQ Grills were available. They do have rooms that walk out to pool area on ground level. Nice for kids. On the balconies....2 white rubber plastic chairs and a table. Again...okay for me...but it's not fancy. In our kitchen was a 4 burner stove and oven, decent size refrigerator and a couple of cabinets. The microwave was on top of the refrigerator. Regarding the continental breakfast....coffee, juice, bagels, muffins, and yogart. No milk. Enough for a morning or two but nothing to brag about. Across the street is a cute diner that has a breakfast buffet for $7.95. No elevators...but the stairs were good exercise. So that may be something to consider for some. Excellent Beach Access! I believe all rooms have a beach view from their patio door. I could really like this budget friendly hotel....as it's smaller, had it's own charm, was in an excellent location. But not sure I would stay here again. With some updating and a full time maintenace person to upkeep this property.....BeachBreak could really be an excellent Budget Friendly hotel. We stayed here only for the Beach and Pier Park......not for the hotel.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- While the Beachbreak By The Sea may be small-it stands only four stories in a sea of high-rises-the resort is big on warmth and charm. One of BY THE SEA RESORTS' four gulf-front Panama City Beach hotels, the Beachbreak offers 97 newly-renovated rooms and an array of room types including accommodations with private gulf-front balconies and fully-equipped kitchens as well as cabana-level rooms. Because all of the rooms are affordable, you can take a break without breaking your budget! Discounts at Gulf World Marine Park located across the street, at the nearby Pier Park shopping, dining and entertainment complex and at our beachfront bar and grill next door make your stay even more affordable! ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Hotels.com, TripOnline SA, Booking.com and Cancelon so you can book your Beachbreak By The Sea reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Beachbreak By The Sea Hotel Panama City Beach
- Beachbreak Sea
- Beachbreak By The Sea Panama City Beach, Florida