“Needs Updating”

Ranked #33 of 48 Hotels in Panama City Beach
Mount Vernon, Illinois
“Needs Updating”
Reviewed 6 April 2012

BeachBreak is an older hotel that needs updating. I prefer nicer hotels but I can't always afford them when on vacation. So I look for hotels that are clean and in a good location while also taking into consideration other items such as continental breakfast, whether or not it has a kitchen, nice pool and grounds, and the location to other attractions. First we stayed in a room with 2 full size beds and a kitchenette for 5 nights. The room was fairly clean and free from any critters. We saw none. However, the beds, bedding and pillows in my opinion needed to be replaced. Beds were not saggy, just either cheap or old. Not very nice bedding nor pillows. Only a bedspread and a sheet. No blankets. We were lucky that we brought our own pillows and our own bed throws which we used to cover up with. New beds, bedding, and nice fluffy pillows would change the room immensely. It was spring break and everything was completely booked otherwise we would have left. I checked with the front desk and was told that all of the rooms were similar as far as updating. The carpet and bathrooms were older which didn't bother me. Maids service was good. Pool area is somewhat attractive with the palm trees and landscaping. As the reviewer a few days prior to me indicated...the pool area did have some loose and or missing tile which I can't understand why the property managers would let that go. Pool and hot tub seemed clean...again it was spring break so I tool that into consideration. Pool Area was cleaned every morning. Not sure if the picnic tables and kids playground belong to the Barefoot Beach Club restaurant next door...but all were nice and adjoining to the BeachBreak hotel. So good if you have small children. And 2 volleyball nets in front of the Barefoot Restaurant on the beach which my kids and I played at everyday. Small free standing Charcoal BBQ Grills were available. They do have rooms that walk out to pool area on ground level. Nice for kids. On the balconies....2 white rubber plastic chairs and a table. Again...okay for me...but it's not fancy. In our kitchen was a 4 burner stove and oven, decent size refrigerator and a couple of cabinets. The microwave was on top of the refrigerator. Regarding the continental breakfast....coffee, juice, bagels, muffins, and yogart. No milk. Enough for a morning or two but nothing to brag about. Across the street is a cute diner that has a breakfast buffet for $7.95. No elevators...but the stairs were good exercise. So that may be something to consider for some. Excellent Beach Access! I believe all rooms have a beach view from their patio door. I could really like this budget friendly hotel....as it's smaller, had it's own charm, was in an excellent location. But not sure I would stay here again. With some updating and a full time maintenace person to upkeep this property.....BeachBreak could really be an excellent Budget Friendly hotel. We stayed here only for the Beach and Pier Park......not for the hotel.

• Stayed April 2012, travelled with family
1 Thank BeachTravelerAJS

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (84)
Douglasville, Georgia
Reviewed 6 April 2012

I was told it was spring break,but it was also our spring break... Carpet in rooms very nasty, urine smell. Had to pry balcony door open. Adult happenings in the pool (female>female) makng out in the hot tub.. Female > male the same in the pool with children.. Tile loose at the entrance to pool showing mildew and green slime..Yes, I'm spoiled to 5 stars. I thought it should'nt be that bad.. Staff @ front desk were uncaring @ what was going, could smell pot all thru out the place...No elevator for 4 floors...Again, I have never stayed in such a "NASTY" place... The halls and stairways were deplorable.... Was told their was a lady on 4th floor with 2 young girls being rented out??????????? they were many unhappy patrons their due what was going on in front of children. with no concern from staff!! Basically would not have been their if i could have found something closer to peir park....Maybe in t he winter but not SPRINGBREAK staff seemend to cater to the crazyness, not familys. Health dept needs to be involed about he smoking and the goingons in front of children.
The only thing was a beautiful view of the ocean!!!!!!!!!!!

Room Tip: do not stay their familys deserve better, did not know they were a fitness center.
  • Stayed April 2012, travelled with family

Travellers are raving about these Panama City Beach hotels

Appleton, Wisconsin
Reviewed 26 January 2012

This cute little 4 story property sits ajacent to highrise hotels up and down the shore. I loved my stay here and cannot wait to return again. I cant afford to pay triple what my room here cost so that allowed me to overlook some of the flaws.

Perks - Great pool & hottub, Ocean front view rooms for only a small charge more than the standard room, Discount at the Barefoot Beach Club next door on drinks & food

Downsides - No elevator, so if you are beach front and 1st floor you will be hauling your bags down 4 flights of stairs. No wifi in your room, only available in the lobby/office area

Room Tip: Upgrade to a beachfront room!
Stayed November 2011, travelled solo
4 Thank OhThePlacesYouWillGo
Manchester, Georgia
Reviewed 3 January 2012

Water stains on ceiling. Room was clean just showing its age. Great location. Staff was great. PCB free shuttle to Pier Park until 1AM. Will check it out again after update is complete Dec. price was $59 a night hard to beat. Breakfast starts to late.

• Stayed December 2011, travelled as a couple
1 Thank TonyGA
Fort Walton Beach, Florida
Reviewed 15 November 2011

Nice little place on the beach. The view is awesome! Walking distance to restaurants and stores. Our room was clean and comfortable. The kitchen and would be easy to prepare meals in. Bathroom was in good working order. Pool was heated so even though it was November, I saw lots of people enjoying the pool and spa. They have bbq grills on the pool deck and a nice little playground for small kids. The little restaurant next door ( I think it's part of the property) was very good and had very reasonable prices. The hotel has continental breakfast but we chose to eat at the diner across the street. The only downfall, and it's not a big one, is that the beds were a little on the small side. Would I stay there again? Sure would!!!!!!

• Stayed November 2011, travelled as a couple
2 Thank bigdaddyandme
Sparta, TN
Reviewed 7 November 2011

We stayed Nov 4th-6th with a room facing the beach. Location was fantastic, pool was heated, hotel wasn't crowded, very reasonable price- couldn't ask for more. Our room had 2 beds, microwave, fridge, small table and balcony. Staff was friendly. Could it be cleaner? Sure but I've paid MUCH more for other hotels and they were dirtier than this. Continental breakfast consisted of: bagels, cream cheese, jam, yogurt, oatmeal, muffins, fruit, juices, coffee and milk. I may be missing a few things but you get the idea. Hit the spot. About a 10 minute walk to Pier Park but only 1-2 minute drive. My only complaint is that the A/C unit cycled on & off all night. Would have been nice if it just stayed on. We WILL be back!!

Room Tip: Ask for a room with a view of the ocean.
  • Stayed November 2011, travelled as a couple
2 Thank Now_Picture_This
Sylacauga, Alabama
Reviewed 19 October 2011

My friend and I stay at Beachbreak every year for our girlfriend's weekend get away. We love the fact that we can stay at a place that still has a "bottom" floor so we can just walk out our door and we're on the beach. It's an older place but is always clean and the staff is always friendly. Rooms are cleaned well every day. The kitchen always has a clean working stove and frig. We've stayed here every year for more than five years and love it. For the money you can't beat it. We hope they never tear it down and make condo's here. The bottom floor is the place to be... no stairs, no elevators ... just out the door and onto what we came for.... sun, sand and ocean. Love the old silver diner just across the street and the barefoot beach club next door has excellent food. Can't wait till next year .............

• Stayed September 2011, travelled with friends