All reviews picnic tables yogurt the entire staff great place to stay beds were comfortable continental breakfast heated pool nice pool staff was very friendly and helpful cleaning staff panama city view from the balcony motel kitchenette beach stove pcb
Reviewed September 5, 2018 via mobile

Let me begin by saying that I was reluctant to book with By the Sea Resorts due to some of the negative reviews. Luckily for us, the positive outweighed the negative. Being that it was already late in the game of choosing accommodations and we had several requirments, Beach Tower by the Sea seemed to be the best fit.

Since we have arrived, we have not had one complaint. The staff has been very friendly and accommodating. Our room wasn't ready, so we were given a different room on arrival. Towels were delivered whenever we asked for them, and the free breakfast consisted of choices like cereal, bagels and cream cheese, hot oatmeal, fruit, yogurt, and muffins. The room was simple yet clean, with a bar and stools as well as the kitchenette that includes a full size refrigerator.

The area is perfect, everthing you may need is just a short driving distance away with the pier just a few minutes walking distance, and let's face it... How can you complain waking up with a view like this?

Date of stay: September 2018
1  Thank Maygan F
Breena C, SM Coordinator at Beach Tower By The Sea, responded to this reviewResponded September 7, 2018

Maygan, we are so glad you enjoyed our location, staff and breakfast. We appreciate you choosing to stay with us and hope to see you again soon!

Reviewed September 3, 2018

I made reservations for my son and his bride as a honeymoon gift. Mahesha H., who took the reservation at Beach Tower, was amazing! She went above and beyond in assisting me in making their honeymoon a delightful one. She is personable, knowledgeable, and has great follow up skills. My son and his bride report that they were very pleased with their accommodations, the cleanliness of the hotel, the friendliness of staff, and the beauty of Panama City! Mahesha made sure they had flowers and specially folded towels for their "honeymoon" package. A great experience all the way around!

Date of stay: August 2018
  • Trip type: Travelled with family
Breena C, SM Coordinator at Beach Tower By The Sea, responded to this reviewResponded September 4, 2018

Thank you for the review! We are so glad to hear that Mahesha was accommodating and that you had pleasant booking experience. Congratulations to your son and his bride on their recent nuptials!

Reviewed August 14, 2018

This is a basic hotel, nothing fancy, but it is just what we wanted. A place to wake up and be at the beach. We enjoyed having a little kitchen in the room and a balcony that overlooked the ocean. Clean and simple. The lobby is nice, the staff was very friendly and ready to assist. Breakfast was good and plentiful. Coffee is available in the lobby all day and night. Was nice to be able to park under the building for easy loading.

Date of stay: August 2018
  • Trip type: Travelled as a couple
Breena C, SM Coordinator at Beach Tower By The Sea, responded to this reviewResponded August 15, 2018

Thank you for taking the time to leave a review, 678karlaw! We are glad you enjoyed the kitchen, as well as the beachfront balcony. We will be sure to pass your kind words on to the staff. We appreciate you staying with us and hope to see you again soon!

Reviewed July 29, 2018 via mobile

My family stayed here for a short trip to the beach. The room was nasty, we ran out of towels and even though our bedsheets were suppose to be changed they were out of linens so we didn’t get a linen change during our 5 night stay. The room had carpet and sand was everywhere because we did not receive daily cleaning except once during our stay. Their “contential breakfast “ definitely needs improvement, although they have a delightful morning host. My family will not be returning. For the price we paid I expected more. I give this place 1 ⭐️.

Date of stay: July 2018
Trip type: Travelled with family
Breena C, SM Coordinator at Beach Tower By The Sea, responded to this reviewResponded July 31, 2018

Stefanie, we are very sorry to hear that you did not enjoy your stay with us. We sincerely apologize for the lack of housekeeping during your stay. We have forwarded your comments to our Director of Front Office and Director of Housekeeping to address these issues directly with staff. Thank you for bringing it to our attention.

Reviewed July 23, 2018 via mobile

This is a "no frills" hotel. You are paying for a view and a place to sleep. I knew that when I booked the hotel. And I was fine with it.
There are no little bottles of shampoo and conditioner (this is not an issue for me) but if you forget something, they say they have complimentary items at the front desk. There is a shampoo and body wash dispenser in the shower and a soap dispenser by the bathroom sink.

I love the layout of the hotel. It's all very close together. It made it easy to run to the car. I love that all of the rooms have an ocean view. I loved it. The pool is small but we weren't there for that.
The room was clean. There is a small coffee pot. They provided coffee. There's also coffee in the lobby. There is a fridge/freezer, stove. They provide cups and honestly, not sure what else. I didn't go through the cabinets, and I didn't use any of it.
Breakfast was nice and consisted of muffins, various juices, coffee, instant oatmeal, Raisin Bran and Fruit Loops cereal, and milk. There were also bagels and cream cheese/butter and a toaster and yogurt.
The employees could have been friendly. The only one that was pleasant and nice to talk to was the lady that worked in the breakfast room. I believe her name was Colleen? The girls at the front desk and the maid were not friendly at all.

The first night, I called down to the front desk and asked for 2 more bath towels. I was told that they only had one left and they would bring it up. They never did. On the 3rd day, I told the maid that she didn't need to clean our room, and asked her for more towels and a floor towel for the shower. She told me that she had no wash cloths, no hand towels, no floor towels and only had 3 bath towels. (There were 4 of us in the room) Let me be clear, I brought my own beach towels. I was *not* taking the hotel towels to the beach. We just needed them to shower and had a hard time getting them. It was a major annoyance. Especially since the floor was constantly wet and we had no way to dry it up.

In my opinion, a hotel should not run out of towels. For this reason, I'm not sure I would stay there again.

Date of stay: July 2018
Trip type: Travelled with family
Breena C, SM Coordinator at Beach Tower By The Sea, responded to this reviewResponded July 24, 2018

Jen, thank you for taking the time to leave a review, as receiving feedback is a crucial way for us to improve our hotel and our guests' experience. We are very happy to hear that you enjoyed the hotel layout and breakfast. We sincerely apologize that not all of our staff were friendly with you. Please be assured that we will be addressing this directly with staff. I have also forwarded your comments on the towels to our Director of Housekeeping and Front Office for internal review with the departments. Thank you for bringing this to our attention.