Mikato Japanese Seafood Steak House and Lounge
Cuisines: Japanese
Dining options: Reservations
Dining options: Reservations
Reviewed January 13, 2017 via mobile

Great time to meet new people at a hibachi and start up a conversation. The food was fabulous and staff very friendly and professional.

Reviewed October 15, 2016 via mobile

Probably the worst dining experience I've ever had.... Food, customer service, it was all terrible. Had the spicy tuna roll (at first they just brought out slices of tuna, I said how was I supposed to know that this was this and not an actual sushi roll, the server didn't even know the answer to that. The server was rude until it was time to pay (when she tried to charge me for the rolls she said she wouldn't).

Reviewed October 6, 2016 via mobile

We have been going to Mikato's for years
They always have great food we had a perfectly created spider roll (softshell crab), then the miso soup and salad (I love the house dressing) our chef comes out and creates our meal right in front of us on the flat top grill, The shrimp, scallops, filet and chicken with a pile of rice, were perfectly cooked with humor and of course the food toss
3 out of 5 of us caught the food with our mouths. It is a great time.

Reviewed September 20, 2016

This place was an empty parking lot when we pulled up on a Saturday night. This is typically a bad sign, but I'm glad we went in! This place is one of the best Japanese steakhouses I have ever visited. Extremely high quality meats and seafoods. Fresh and delicious! The looks were deceiving, this place is high class! The owner is extremely friendly and personable. Spends time greeting all the guests and conversing with them. The filet was like butter. Everything was amazing. Would definitely go back the next time we are in town.

Reviewed August 12, 2016 via mobile

My wife and I love Japanese hibachi style food where we live in Missouri. We decided after being tired of the food at our hotel to splurge. We took our 3 kids. They did a great job and the cook was very friendly. We went early and it was not busy so it was us and two other people. The food we got was good and cooked to our liking. The owner even came over and talked to us and offered ice cream to our children even though we didn't order a meal for them all. We would go again on our next trip. It was kind of high priced compared to what we pay but comparing Missouri to a tourist area isn't really fair.