“Worse than filthy”

and 1 more site!
Cook's Motel
Ranked #47 of 48 Hotels in Panama City Beach
Reviewed 23 April 2015 via mobile

We payed 4 room and open the door the smell was terrible the carpet was filthy cigarettes ashes all on floor a bug in fridge but was dead no shower liner when we took a shower the floor was flooded we had to clean room before we could even stay.i would never let my dog stay there. when u come 2 panama make sure u don't stay here.

Stayed: April 2015, travelled with family
6  Thank goodyear714

Reviewed 28 September 2014

Cooks Motel is a dump. My husband rented the room & when we went to the room, we were disgusted by the look & smell of the room as soon as we opened the door. The carpet was filthy, the room had a terrible smell, the sheets were soiled, & to top it all off, it was infested with roaches. Within 5 minutes of renting it, my husband asked for a refund because there was no way we could stay there. The woman at the front desk told him she couldn't give him a refund. So we are out $52.50. We went across the street & rented a room at a comparable hotel for about the same money. If it looks like a dump, it probably is. Drive on, or at least look at the room before renting.

Room Tip: Ask to see the room prior to renting it.
  • Stayed: September 2014, travelled as a couple
8  Thank Julie W
Reviewed 31 August 2014

Labor day weekend and the price was double the average rate.The room had an awful oder and was grungy looking. But I was tired and needed to get some rest from traveling. I was woke up to something biting me. It was like fire ant bites but I saw no ants? Then I tried to connect to the WIFI and kept losing the signal because of someone parked a U-haul outside my room and blocked the signal. I would recommend staying in Panama City and have a nice clean room without getting bit!

Room Tip: Go somewhere else!
  • Stayed: August 2014, travelled solo
4  Thank 260johna
Reviewed 21 July 2014

It is very outdated and old. They need to update it. Some of the rooms stunk and is very old looking. Other than that the service was nice and was surprisingly cleaner than I expected. If they update it than it would be graded higher. Very close too a lot of cool attractions.

• Stayed: July 2014, travelled with friends
4  Thank Zach W
Reviewed 21 June 2014

Ok i was sketchy at first bc of the other reviews but I was impressed!! The other reviews were bad. But not our stay. We showed up at the last minuate during the summer June 19th-21st. They had rooms available, and also the rooms were clean! Ac works great and the staff is wonderful. The housekeeping ladies were very nice and attentive. The people who USED to own it did not take care of if but the new owners are doing a great job at turning it all around. Me and my family and friends will be back to cooks motel for years to come if the current owners still have it. Great deals and its right across from a nice family fun park. We can't wait to come back! Thank you for A great vacation!

Room Tip: Our favorite room is 127 its actually quiet despite what others say.
  • Stayed: June 2014, travelled with family
3  Thank LaCresha2014
Reviewed 16 February 2014

The room was clean and big for the price. I was prefering to stay at a condo, but the prices were to high, but this motel was as great as a condo. the housekeeper was kind and caring for anything you need. My family had a blast and you would enjoy to.

• Stayed: August 2013, travelled with family
4  Thank Hannah98986
Reviewed 11 November 2013

We Have Been Staying At This Motel For 5 Years No Problem We Stayed This Past Weekend NOV 9TH - NOV 11TH Saturday Night We Went To Pine Apple Willys To Eat And Watch The Game We Had Food Left So We Took It Back To The Room For Lunch The Next Day Along With Some Beer Sunday We Went Out For A Little While Breakfast And The Beach Came Back To The Room I Noticed The Curtain To The Room Was Open We Went In To Find All Of Our Stuff Packed Up And Our Food And Beer Was Gone We Went To The Office To Find Out What Happened All They Could Say Was It Was A Mistake And We Will Take Some Money Off Of Your Next Stay Point Being Dont Trust Them Just Saying VERY MAD

Stayed: November 2013, travelled as a couple