“Expensive and Average at best”

Holiday Inn Club Vacations Panama City Beach Resort
Reviewed 6 August 2017 via mobile

This resort has a beautiful beach front and nice pool area. This past trip the furniture was stained and dirty. The bathroom shower tiles have black mold and the tile floors throughout the condo left our feet black.
The work out room and single elevator has no working air conditioning.
For the 479.00 a night rate I would say not what I expect!

Stayed: August 2017, travelled with family
HIClubCounselor, Guest Relations Manager at Holiday Inn Club Vacations Panama City Beach Resort, responded to this reviewResponded 28 August 2017

We're so sorry to hear of your disappointing stay at Panama City Beach Resort. This is certainly not the way we want our guests to experience our resort. We sent you a private message in hopes of addressing your concerns more personally. Thanks for sharing your comments.

Reviewed 2 August 2017

We've had some spotty experiences with H.I. club vacations, but this was one of our best. We had to book 2 one bedroom units due to availability, and were pleasantly surprised that they were right next to each other. The units themselves were very nice. The worst thing I can say about them involves an extremely awkward placement of the toilet paper holder. Decor was updated; bed was really comfortable, as was the sofa; plenty of counter space; in room washer and dryer; and perfect balcony views.
Every staff member we met was gracious and helpful. We loved the pool, although we had to be there the minute it opened to avoid the rambunctious kiddie brigade :)
One morning the pool was closed until noon, so we were out of luck.
The only other small nuisance was the incredibly wonky WiFi connection. Parking was convenient, along with the building location.
This trip restored some of my faith as an owner. Well done!

Room Tip: Every unit has a beach side balcony
  • Stayed: July 2017, travelled with family
Reviewed 12 July 2017 via mobile

Very nice facility! Rooms were clean and stocked with essential kitchenware! The kids loved the activity room full of games and toys also movie nights with popcorn and snores! Beach access was very close and the pool was nice! Located close to all attractions!

1  Thank Jennifer S
Reviewed 10 July 2017 via mobile

We have stayed at this place 2 other times and had no issues. This last time is another story. First of all the air conditioner in our room broke and was supposedly fixed but only worked for a few hours. We woke up the next morning around 2 am burning up and it was 76 in the room. We were told the air conditioner had frozen up and we would have to change rooms. There was 6 of us so we had a lot to pack up and move to another floor. They said they would help and they did which was great but the guy that helped was rude and acted like it was a pain or our fault. Very unfriendly. We understood these things happen so we just went with it. They gave us a free beach chair voucher for the trouble. Well it just got worse from there. The elevator was messed up from day one we was there. The door was crazy and didn't work. Then one day I was on it alone and it went crazy and was dropping and flashing stuff that idk what it was saying. It was going nuts like it was breaking with me in it. He door wouldn't open and I was stuck in there awhile. I was screaming and even pushed the alarm button. The door finally cracked and I pulled it open. They knew the whole time we was there it was messed up and I get stuck in it and it was hot and very terrifying. Needless to say i was shook up for quite awhile. After we told them what happened all we got was an apology!! What a joke! I'm glad my 5 year old wasn't in there with me. It was very scary when I felt it drop twice. Well that wasn't the end. The room they switched us to had a messed up balcony door. They told us it was messed up. The night we were packing we had stuff out there and the door wouldn't open. So we called once again. A guy came in a literally was KICKING the door trying to kick it open. He gets on his cell and talks awhile gets off and apologies he can't do anything. So my teenage son opens the window takes out the screen and crawls out the window to get out stuff. Needless to say we will NOT be back. Fix your broken things when you know they're broke not after you have a million issues and complaints! The elevator issue for me was terrifying. I've never been stuck on one and feel like it was breaking while I was on it.

Stayed: July 2017, travelled with family
HIClubCounselor, Guest Relations Manager at Holiday Inn Club Vacations Panama City Beach Resort, responded to this reviewResponded 15 July 2017

We're sorry to hear about your frustrating stay at Panama City Beach Resort. It's our goal to be sure our guests are comfortable and receive outstanding service. We sent you a private message so that our team might reach out to you to address all of the shortfalls you encountered. Thank you so much for sharing this feedback with us.

Reviewed 9 July 2017 via mobile

Our family had a great trip to the Panama City Holiday Inn Club vacation club for the 4th of July! The staff was very friendly and welcoming, and upon arrival they had set up a small luau for guests and owners. We had a 1 bedroom unit, which was very clean and well appointed. The view of the gulf is awesome and the beach is beautiful. Some larger resorts close by had packed out beaches, but we had lots of room to spread out and build sand castles. Parking was not an issue and we used the stairs more than the elevator, because they were close to our room. I've read several previous posts about the elevator being frustrating, and we only had a few issues with it. We had fun watching movies on the beach and playing bingo with the staff for one of our activities. They have floats and beach toys available to use.

Not a complaint about the hotel or staff, but some info on the area. There are no sidewalks along front beach road near the resort, so if you plan to walk anywhere, definitely be on guard for cars/traffic. I wish the city/county would make the area more pedestrian friendly, like 30a. I felt very safe in the area, but walking/jogging in a bike lane is not ideal. The resort warns against walking, to keep the guest safe.

We had a great visit overall and can't wait to come back!

Reviewed 22 May 2017

I always love having a place on the beach where I can see the ocean and beach from unit. This is one of those places. I also love a smaller resort rather than a high rise. This is IT. The two bedroom is more comfortable for us than the one bedroom but the one bedroom is fine. We were there to see our grandchildren and a doctor. So we did not rest at resort like I would love to do. Plenty around to find something to do. I prefer it when it is not a crowded time. The staff were all wonderful. The main negative which is normal wear and tear is the elevator door did not like to work properly and one was on order but no estimated date of delivery. Yes we did have to use the stairs a couple of times which is not good for me. So sometimes I stayed in rather than chance having to use the stairs. Beautiful and clean..

• Stayed: May 2017, travelled as a couple
HIClubCounselor, Guest Relations Manager at Holiday Inn Club Vacations Panama City Beach Resort, responded to this reviewResponded 25 May 2017

We're glad you enjoyed your beachfront vacation at Panama City Beach Resort! It's our mission to be sure our guests are comfortable and receive outstanding service. Sorry to hear of the trouble with our elevator; thanks for your understanding. We hope to see you again soon, when you may have more time to rest and relax in style! Thanks for sharing your comments.

Reviewed 30 April 2017 via mobile

I booked a reservation, I am a spire member, and due to an emergency I was not able to arrive on the morning at 5:30 AM April 30th . On arrival , the place was closed , no one was at the front desk, I waited until security came, he handed me the keys and informed me that he can't help me with anything else until somebody came in later.

At 7 AM I contacted Erin at the front desk, and humbly requesting a late checkout, and explain to her that I drove 15 hours from Texas, I need the rest and that I am Spire member ,therefore possibly accommodate me , by giving me a 1 PM check out.

She immediately informed me, that she will not be able to do so! Thereafter, I asked her for the manager, in which she stated, she's not available but she will contact her,  thereafter she called me back and told me that  she spoke to the manager (Aly) and she will NOT allow a late check out till 1 PM . I humbly asked to make an exception, since I have had surgery on my back and the drive was long , I am in severe pain , also to  consider the extreme circumstances , the fact that we came at 5:30 AM!  she refused and said we will not be able to accommodate you!

As a member of IHG , loyal customer to IHG I'm expecting better service, and therefore since I will not be on the property for more than five hours, and my spire status was not honored, I would like to request a refund for this stay.

I am a loyal holiday inn customer , who have stayed at the IHG property in the last 90 days for a minimum of 15 stays if not more . I expect a little common courtesy!

Furthermore, this is not how a loyal guest should be treated in exchange for his loyalty!

I will check out as directed at noon, but I will not patronize this location again, and I will recommend the others don't as well

It is truly sad, that an exception is not made for a guest that is loyal to IHG brand

Stayed: April 2017, travelled as a couple
HIClubCounselor, Guest Relations Manager at Holiday Inn Club Vacations Panama City Beach Resort, responded to this reviewResponded 5 May 2017

We're sorry to hear of your disappointment with your stay at Panama City Beach Resort. It's always our goal to provide comfortable accommodations and outstanding service.

Please be assured that we value our IHG Rewards guests, and are especially dedicated to treating our Platinum and Spire guests with respect and courtesy. We offer complimentary USA Today papers during the week and the local paper on the weekends, and upgrade by accommodating anything you might find helpful to your stay. Because we're a vacation ownership resort, it can be difficult to provide late check-outs during busy times; however, we certainly do so whenever possible. Our guests with later flight times are also welcome to store their luggage and continue to enjoy our onsite amenities.

Our check-out time is 10:00 a.m., so our offer of a 12:00 p.m. check-out time was certainly extended as a courtesy. We regret the misunderstanding, and have sent you a private message in hopes of addressing your concerns more personally. Thanks for sharing your comments.