New! Find and book your ideal hotel on TripAdvisor — and get the lowest prices

Ranked #16 of 46 Hotels in Panama City Beach
Villa Rica, Georgia
“Not What I Expected”
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 20 September 2011

I had come to this hotel after spending two nights at the La Quinta in Fort Walton Beach. I was expecting the hotel to be in the same condition as the one in Fort Walton-which is excellent. Before I state any negatives-I would like to say the staff was excellent-Very helpful couldn't ask for more friendly people. The breakfast was good, your usual for a La Quinta. The room however left a lot to be desired. When we walked in we noticed a bad odor- very musty. The beds were very worn out, should have been replaced ages ago. The carpet felt sticky-very creepy!The first evening we were there the air conditioning unit leaked water all along the carpet on the air conditioner side of the room- I suspect this happens frequently, leading to the bad smell. We were moved to the room next door which also had the same musty smell-we checked the carpet in this one though, and no leaks were detected. But the room had the same worn out beds-if you need a good quality bed as I do for back problems-I would steer clear of this establishment, until they replace the mattresses, also new carpet would greatly improve the smell, I suspect. I would have given more stars-but the room just didn't live up to them. I was very disappointed after the great stay we had at the La Quinta in Fort Walton Beach. I wouldn't return again unless it was renovated.

• Stayed September 2011, travelled with family
      Location
    • 1 of 5 bubbles
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
      Rooms
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
2 Thank waverunner53

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (37)
Macon, Georgia
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 17 September 2011

Went to PCB on a mini vacation with my boyfriend and we stayed for 3 nights. This hotel is not on the beach but depending on traffic it is less than 10min away. Everything you want to get to is only a few min away it may just take longer because of traffic.The staff is friendly and the rooms were clean. I had an issue with my first shower because it was clogged and they used a plunger which I hoped wasn't used in any toilets...so to be safe I had to use bodywash to wash out the tub. I had to improvise because that was gross. Also,I wished the water temp and pressure would have been better. The one day we didn't go to the beach we relaxed in the jacuzzi for a little bit and stayed in the pool for a few hours. Another amazing fact, they allow pets here but it was so clean and didn't smell because people who have pets get immune to the pet smell but since I don't have pets my nose has not adjusted to that scent they give off. It was also quiet here. I am a light sleeper so that's very important when I stay somewhere. We never made it out of bed early enough for breakfast so i can't comment on that.

• Stayed June 2011, travelled as a couple
      Location
      Rooms
1 Thank meven213
Tulsa, Oklahoma
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 12 September 2011

On our way home from Disney, we decided to stay a couple days in Panama city Beach. This hotel was great: clean rooms, nice breakfast, friendly staff. I would stay here again, if I was just driving through!

• Stayed July 2011, travelled with family
1 Thank oklamartin
Clinton, Indiana
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 12 September 2011

We stayed at this hotel for one night on our way to a vacation rental for a week. We have stayed here in the past too and found it to be sufficient for a one night stay. It is a great pet friendly property, which is why we chose it. It is near the beach and attractions. The rooms are fine and staff friendly. The only drawback was the breakfast area was a complete mess during breakfast but it might have been the other patrons leaving the mess behind, not the staff. The pool and hot tub are very nice. We would not hesitate to stay here again.

• Stayed September 2011, travelled with family
Asheville, North Carolina
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 3 September 2011

Excellent hotel, excellent service...plus a good sized swimming pool, a jacuzzi, continental breakfast, and an awesome manager. Dustin not only guided us on what to do, what to see, and where to eat (obviously, he loves this area)...but if I needed anything, for example, if a certain restaurant had crab legs or if I could enter a state park before hours to take pictures at sunrise, he would take it on himself to call or get on the internet to find the information for me instead of me doing it. For the money, it doesn't get any better than this. The only minus, if there is one, is that the hotel is not located on the beach. It is located 2-3 miles from it.

• Stayed August 2011, travelled as a couple
1 Thank Neil R
Stone Mountain, Georgia
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 4 August 2011

Stayed at the Laquinta on hwy 98 near cobb drive about 2.6 miles from beach Paid about 115 with taxes and s*&^&.. not bad decent. breakfast ok but closed at 9:00 am..too early come on people.. clean ok.. decent.. for quick stay..

• Stayed August 2011, travelled with family
Mobile, Alabama
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 22 July 2011

My family and I stayed at the La Quinta for 4 nights. The staff was very friendly and helpful. The room was neat and clean. The breakfast was also good, I suggest eating breakfast no later than 8am to make sure it is not all gone. We would stay here again!!

Room Tip: Ask for military or law enforcement discount if applicable.