“Business for me, but a great hotel”

La Quinta Inn & Suites Panama City Beach
Ranked #17 of 48 Hotels in Panama City Beach
Greensboro, North Carolina
“Business for me, but a great hotel”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 8 February 2012

Only stayed one night, but thoroughly enjoyed my time. The staff is very welcoming and helpful. Rooms are spacious and have nice accomodations. Breakfast was the continental style, but with plenty of variety...even pancakes. The desk staff even assisted me in finding the most reasonable transportation back to the airport. I would definitely stay here again. Hopefully the next time it's to vacation on the beach.

Room Tip: It's a bit more quiet if you don't get the street side.
  • Stayed February 2012, travelled on business

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (39)
Womelsdorf, Pennsylvania
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 20 November 2011

We enjoyed our suite. Was very comfortable and they served a few hot foods for breakfast which was very nice! Breakfast area was nice and clean and well kept after.

• Stayed November 2011, travelled with family
2 Thank theKnottravelers
Palm Harbor, Florida
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 21 October 2011

This La Quinta was in very nice condition. It seemed to be fairly new. The service was good and it was only a few minutes to the beach.

Room Tip: There's a nice area to walk your dog.
  • Stayed September 2011, travelled with family
2 Thank 87Paul
Austin, Texas
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 1 October 2011

Stayed 3 nights for a quick getaway. Rooms clean and recently appointed. Close enough to everything in PCB but I liked that it was off beach. Reasonable rates. Helpful staff. Breakfast was norm for La Quinta but meant that we didn't have to pay for anything anywhere else.

Room Tip: 2nd floor was nice: accessible plus view of lobby / atrium.
  • Stayed November 2010, travelled as a couple
2 Thank Doug G
Villa Rica, Georgia
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 20 September 2011

I had come to this hotel after spending two nights at the La Quinta in Fort Walton Beach. I was expecting the hotel to be in the same condition as the one in Fort Walton-which is excellent. Before I state any negatives-I would like to say the staff was excellent-Very helpful couldn't ask for more friendly people. The breakfast was good, your usual for a La Quinta. The room however left a lot to be desired. When we walked in we noticed a bad odor- very musty. The beds were very worn out, should have been replaced ages ago. The carpet felt sticky-very creepy!The first evening we were there the air conditioning unit leaked water all along the carpet on the air conditioner side of the room- I suspect this happens frequently, leading to the bad smell. We were moved to the room next door which also had the same musty smell-we checked the carpet in this one though, and no leaks were detected. But the room had the same worn out beds-if you need a good quality bed as I do for back problems-I would steer clear of this establishment, until they replace the mattresses, also new carpet would greatly improve the smell, I suspect. I would have given more stars-but the room just didn't live up to them. I was very disappointed after the great stay we had at the La Quinta in Fort Walton Beach. I wouldn't return again unless it was renovated.

• Stayed September 2011, travelled with family
2 Thank waverunner53
Macon, Georgia
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 17 September 2011

Went to PCB on a mini vacation with my boyfriend and we stayed for 3 nights. This hotel is not on the beach but depending on traffic it is less than 10min away. Everything you want to get to is only a few min away it may just take longer because of traffic.The staff is friendly and the rooms were clean. I had an issue with my first shower because it was clogged and they used a plunger which I hoped wasn't used in any toilets...so to be safe I had to use bodywash to wash out the tub. I had to improvise because that was gross. Also,I wished the water temp and pressure would have been better. The one day we didn't go to the beach we relaxed in the jacuzzi for a little bit and stayed in the pool for a few hours. Another amazing fact, they allow pets here but it was so clean and didn't smell because people who have pets get immune to the pet smell but since I don't have pets my nose has not adjusted to that scent they give off. It was also quiet here. I am a light sleeper so that's very important when I stay somewhere. We never made it out of bed early enough for breakfast so i can't comment on that.

• Stayed June 2011, travelled as a couple
1 Thank meven213
Tulsa, Oklahoma
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 12 September 2011

On our way home from Disney, we decided to stay a couple days in Panama city Beach. This hotel was great: clean rooms, nice breakfast, friendly staff. I would stay here again, if I was just driving through!

• Stayed July 2011, travelled with family