My wife and I stayed at Aqua for the week of July 4th, 2008. It was a wonderful stay. All the westward facing balcones have a beautiful view of the city's fireworks display, which is quite a show. The fireworks were fired right off the beach. Aqua is a beautiful resort in a great location near the new pier park, which itself is a great addition to Panama, and gulf world animal park. The resort is on the quiter west end of the beach.
Aqua itself is lovely, the public areas all feature an asian design style using wood, stone, glass, and paper accents, as well as flowing water everywhere. There are two pools, one is an indoor/outdoor running beneath the building, a small cafe area with wifi, and a nice hot tub and sauna. The grounds are beautifully kept and the beach is wonderful. Most units include pre assigned beach chairs.
Now for the practical matters. The elevators are very efficiant and don't leave you waiting for half an hour as you wait for them to traverse the structure. The parking deck is also very spacious and we never had a hard time finding a place. The code entry system for the all doors and parking is much easier than trying to keep up with a key or pass card like some resorts. Just plug the key code into your cell phone and its always there if you forget.
The condos themselves are laid out very well and in a unique way, not a conventional cookie cutter design, and ours was wonderfully decorated. We had a small one bedroom two bath unit that included a bunk area. It was more than enough space for a couple's get away.
We booked directly from a unit owner, the prices that I have seen in Aqua are all quite good when held against other rentals we have arranged. The check in process was a breeze and the staff are wonderful.
Aqua is now one of our favorite places to stay in PCB, and we will be back.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- From a stunning sense of arrival to an array of luxurious amenities to our perfect location within walking distance of fabulous shopping and dining at Pier Park, Aqua sets new standards for the perfect beach vacation. Stunning 1, 2 & 3 bedroom condominiums all with sweeping Gulf views, water gardens, pools and whirlpool spa. Aqua; The color of luxury. The color of Fun. The most colorful vacations begin at Aqua. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Travelocity.ca, TripOnline SA, Booking.com and Hotels.com so you can book your Aqua reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Aqua Panama City Beach, Florida
- Aqua Hotel Panama City Beach