This is our third stay here. Their prices are competitive.
November 2010- (1 week) Our first stay was OK ...no complaints except that the room had an odor.
October 2011- (2 weeks) Our second stay was OK, but this time the room odor was worse. But for the price we bought Febreeze and the odor was gone. We also noticed the occasional vagrant drinking on the public access. This was new. We found that they owned a townhouse for rent. We toured it,liked it and decided to book it for the month of January 2012.
January 2012- The place is very nice inside with a nice view and it would have been a perfect month except for:
1- Broken Bed
2- Hot water went cold in 5 minutes
3- Broken Toaster
4- Broken Microwave
5- Promised Telephone not turned on.
6- Promised Internet access non-existent.
7- Vagrant problem out of control, and management did not take any action to provide security to the townhouse; on our third week here one of the vagrants slashed our convertible top. Management dismissed this event and did not even attempt to talk to us about it.
The area here in Panama Beach is decaying and is not safe. I do not feel comfortable if my wife wants to take a walk alone. If you have no problem spending time nagging management to make repairs, keeping doors locked, worrying about your loved ones when out of sight, and possibly having your car vandalized during the night, then this place is for you!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Comfort meets convenience at Beachcomber By The Sea, one of BY THE SEA RESORTS' four gulf-front Panama City Beach hotels. The many ball teams, festival-goers and bikers that visit the "Real. Fun. Beach." Prefer the Beachcomber because of its proximity to Frank Brown Park. Families love the heated, gulf-front pool and convenience to the Pier Park shopping, dining and entertainment complex. Couples crave the Jacuzzi suites. Church groups and brides-to-be adore the affordable rooms and banquet room located across the street at the Beachcomber Retreat. All of our guests enjoy perks like FREE continental breakfast and discounts at area attractions. Other amenities include gulf-front accommodations with private balconies and fully-equipped kitchens, a heated, gulf-front whirlpool, a laundry facility, a computer lounge and more. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Hotels.com, Booking.com and Travelocity.ca so you can book your Beachcomber By The Sea reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Beachcomber By The Sea Hotel Panama City Beach
- Beachcomber By The Sea Panama City Beach, Florida