We traveled to the Beachcomber by the Sea Feb 1 - 5, 2012 to visit relatives also staying there. After having read reviews of this hotel on tripadvisor I was very afraid of what we would find. While this is not the newest nor the fanciest place on the beach we were very happy with our choice and our stay and will stay again. The rooms were very clean and during our 5 nite stay I only saw one roach. Yes the outside door to the balcony has rust on the door jam and the railing, but they are also replacing all outside doors. Besides that, salt water does cause rust. The interior was not new furniture or decor, but it was very clean and the king size bed was comfortable. The housekeeping women were very efficient and friendly. Neither our room nor the other 2 rooms of our relatives had any unpleasant odors or problems. We loved being able to walk right out and have the beach so close. The pool and hot tub were very clean and inviting. The front desk staff was very friendly. Yes, there was construction noise (mostly hammering) from about 8 a.m. until 4 p.m., but we were up and about at that time anyway. The morning continental breakfast was minimal consisting of bagels, cream cheese, muffins, yogurt, orange juice and coffee and hot tea. My one complaint would be they had instant oatmeal, but no milk. The price per night was excellent and we will return.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Comfort meets convenience at Beachcomber By The Sea, one of BY THE SEA RESORTS' four gulf-front Panama City Beach hotels. The many ball teams, festival-goers and bikers that visit the "Real. Fun. Beach." Prefer the Beachcomber because of its proximity to Frank Brown Park. Families love the heated, gulf-front pool and convenience to the Pier Park shopping, dining and entertainment complex. Couples crave the Jacuzzi suites. Church groups and brides-to-be adore the affordable rooms and banquet room located across the street at the Beachcomber Retreat. All of our guests enjoy perks like FREE continental breakfast and discounts at area attractions. Other amenities include gulf-front accommodations with private balconies and fully-equipped kitchens, a heated, gulf-front whirlpool, a laundry facility, a computer lounge and more. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Hotels.com, Booking.com and Travelocity.ca so you can book your Beachcomber By The Sea reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Beachcomber By The Sea Hotel Panama City Beach
- Beachcomber By The Sea Panama City Beach, Florida