New! Find and book your ideal hotel on TripAdvisor — and get the lowest prices

Ranked #39 of 46 Hotels in Panama City Beach
Powder Springs, Georgia
“Not a great place”
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 9 April 2012

Stayed there during spring break. Rooms were barely liveeable at best. The electricty went out on the 2nd night and the hotel would not repair it until sometime the next day. We spent the entiire night with NO AC. Would NOT stay at this place again!!

Room Tip: Just say NO!!
  • Stayed April 2012, travelled with friends
1 Thank Lee N

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (116)
Hoschton, Georgia
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 8 April 2012

NOT CLEAN at all. We went down to PC earlier than our original plans & were just going to stay for 2 nights here until our original condo at Seychelles was ready & the rest of our party arrived. The first room was obviously a smoking room when we had registered for a non-smoking room. On top of that it had dirty carpet & just overall dingy, dusty, and not clean enough for me or my kids. Had it been clean I could have dealt with the rest. Just the the needed upkeep & updating was another thing. So they let us go to room number two. It was just as dirty & same yucky carpet, bad odor from not being kept clean. I also saw traces of what looked like bed bugs on the mattress. And i know how to check because we own rental property. I just couldn't do it. Thank goodness when I went back to the office a maintenance man was there & told me there was one at the Top of the Gulf that had been recently remodeled. I don't know about the rest of the place but we were content with that room. Even though he did say that there were only 3 or so updated condos there.....the rest were original since probably the 70's. So we got lucky is all I know. We were relieved to get to Seychelles after our short stay there. Also the employees were not of high quality or experience. Couldn't even pronounce the word "decor" correctly on the phone with someone calling in when I was standing there. WOW is what I thought to myself. The last employee I dealt with did take off a little of the difference I had to pay to move after 3 rooms...I think I should not have had to pay ANY difference for the inconvenience. We got into PC at 11 pm & we didnt get into our room until after 1am.

Room Tip: DON'T DO IT!!!! The pictures look nothing like the rooms as far as cleanliness goes. I didnt th...
  • Stayed April 2012, travelled with family
    • 4 of 5 bubbles
1 Thank Redhead529

Travellers are raving about these Panama City Beach hotels

Sandusky, Ohio
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 7 April 2012

From checking in to checking out rudeness was everywhere, from the front desk to the bartender at the pool. We even got yelled at when we entered an area (unmarked) that was supposely for owners only. The security guards were unnerving and everywhere. Bottles and debri was being thrown out of the windows. The groups of people hanging around made us very nervous. I didn't read the fine print of our reservation so I was very surprised with an additional $153.00 charge just to check into this place! Then we were required to wear wrist bands and were told if we didn't there would be a penalty..if we lost them there would be an addition $25 per wrist band! We were passing through, so I only booked for 3 days...those 3 days couldn't come soon enough!!

• Stayed April 2012, travelled with family
Madison, WI
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 7 April 2012

First, they only have one person working at the desk at all times. The line is rarely ever short, so I waited for at least 45 minutes each time I needed something, even if it was just to pick up my package! Second, I got harassed by two male security guards. They used illegal processes to coerce me to sign a form (after getting in trouble for having alcohol in the room). Any time I questioned the legality of what they were doing, one would begin to yell in my face about how I didn't know Florida law. Never got direct answers from any of them. Third, we never got our room cleaned. We had to request our own towels and toilet paper every day. DO NOT STAY HERE. It is not worth the cheap prices.

Room Tip: Choose a room on the beach side if you must stay here. But still, not worth it.
  • Stayed April 2012, travelled with friends
1 Thank Meghan J
Austin, Minnesota
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 22 March 2012

Security Guards will rough you up and throw you to the ground without provocation or justification, and the police will not do anything when told about. The hotel will deny, deny, deny. This one security guard has some anger and hostility issues and will someday hurt someone. The hotel will do nothing about any complaints, or at least complaints about any of their staff!

• Stayed March 2012, travelled with friends
1 Thank parker l
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 16 March 2012

We paid $2,200 for 10 days with this hotel. Not bad considering location. On our third day we were kicked out bc someone in the next room threw something off the balcony. They didn't listen when 10+ people from other rooms told them it wasnt us. They kicked us out and refused to pay us back for the next 7 days, even tho the next day they re-rented the room. The GM Micheal Greer refuses to speak to ANY customers no matter what the situation. He is "too busy of a man to deal with customers"'. The way I see it is I paid for service and I cannot get any?!? Security is a joke and they need to get their vision checked. The front desk manager is a tool and the rest of them are completely too incompetent to do or help with anything. I suggest that if you don't want to loose over $2,200 like we did, I would find another hotel with friendly staff and better management!

• Stayed March 2012
3 Thank Bernardhamilton
Atlanta, Georgia
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 10 March 2012

Booked a condo for 7 nights, we got there and were told we couldn't stay in the condo so were moved into the hotel. Got to the hotel and it took us 2 hours to get everything sorted. I noticed that we had no hot water in our shower on the first day so I complained, I complained everyday for 7 days about the same problem and by the day we left it still had not been fixed. The receptionists and management were extremely rude and the security were idiots. Furthermore, our toilet didn't work correctly and the maid would wake us up at 9am every morning to sign for new towels. The hotel could easily be 100 times better with the beautiful beach just yards away. Don't book this hotel.

(I received no money back or free nights for my problems)

• Stayed March 2012, travelled with friends