“Very good location for Boaters”
Review of St Thomas Square

and 1 more site!
St Thomas Square
Atlanta, GA
“Very good location for Boaters”
Reviewed 15 June 2009

This is my second stay here this year. My wife and I rented a one-bedroom unit in April and in June we went for a 2 bedroom on the lagoon since we brought our teenage kids. The units are in a great location for boaters. Free dock and slips and a fish cleaning station to clean your catch. The unts are very reasonable price wise comapared to other locatins.

Our one bedroom unit in April was spotless and an easy walk to our boat at the dock. The 2 bedroom in June was a little tired looking after years of rentals but still clean and worked just fine. My only complaint both times would be the $10 parking fee, not sure why they do this. Second is the electricity at the dock which seems to be a constant problem both visits. Maintenence responds quickly, resets the breaker and a few minutes later it trips again. They need to fix it this problem. There were other repeat renters docked at the complex who mentioned this continues to be an issue each stay.

Overall, if your not hung up on an ocean view, it is only a short walk to the beach 2 blocks away and you can opt for a great view of the lagoon. Great for boat owners. Can't beat it for the money.

• Stayed June 2009, travelled with family
2 Thank JFMGA

Solo
Business
Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room Tips
Oahu, Hawaii
Reviewed 6 February 2009

My husband and i have been staying here for years. We love it. We booked our whole wedding party here and everyone was satisfied, including my Grandfather who doesnt like hotels. Its very roomy (depending on what room you get) weve come to find in all of our stays that all of the rooms are alittle different because some of them are personally owned. They are all very clean. The location is great, quiet but next to anything you want. Its great for families... not for springbreakers.The pool is nice and has been pretty empty every time we go.. and its well taken care of. There are a few extra fees. Parking and cleaning, but for the price of the room its not a big deal. the fees are not much. Im planning our next trip now!

• Liked — great for a family
  • Disliked — cant think of anything
  • Stayed May 2007, travelled with family
    • Check-in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)
tennessee
Reviewed 13 July 2007

I guess I will start from the beginning. Upon check-in the hotel clerk was quite rude. Later after arriving to our room, we were even less pleased. We thought the refrigerator did not work, but soon located a very small working one in the closet. The room was very cramped and we went to see about upgrading. At this point the clerk told us it would be over double our original price. We asked about canceling and was told with a big smile(the only time she smiled or seemed happy) that we would still be charged for the full week. Back in the room we discovered the shower had no hot water. Front desk said they were backwards hot is cold and cold is hot. I feel we should have been told this from the beginning. Two of the burners on the stove did not work, was told they would be fixed the next day. They never were. The hold bar in the bathtub would come out every time you tried to grab it. There were hidden fees like parking and cleaning. We feel if you are renting a room, parking should be free on the premises, and the only maid service we had was clean towels brought every few days. There were ants in the window sill. Overall it was just a bad experience. Just please see before you rent, and beware.

8 Thank coni23

Travellers are raving about these Panama City Beach hotels

Birmingham, AL
Reviewed 10 August 2006

Well, my wife found this hotel through Orbitz, and really liked what she saw. The price seemed good for what was offered. We reserved it and paid through Orbitz, but found out that what orbitz claims as the TOTAL AMOUNT CHARGED was not what we were charged by the hotel. There were additional hidden fees that we wouldn't have dreamed of like a five dollar parking fee and a fourty five dollar cleaning fee.
That's a cleaning fee that's almost the cost of staying there for one night!!!!!
When I called back to the hotel to discuss this fee I was treated rudly by Jennifer at the front desk and told that I will not be allowed on the property in the future, then she informed me that she was hanging up the phone- and did. She did this to the Orbitz representative that called her back regarding this fee as well. Not good customer service skills, as apperently this is a sore spot with many customers (see the first Orbitz review). This should be disclosed upon arrival and check in at the front desk- clearly stated and in plain view to all who enter. We received a summary of charges upon arrival AT HOME after the trip. Had we known about this extra cost, we would have made arrangements at another hotel. We travel on a budget and this was an unexpected expense. I have used many online booking services (orbitz, hotwire, etc.) and never had a problem like this. I believe this hotel counts on the customers to never notice this fee. The rudeness of the staff and the hidden cost are really too bad because we really enjoyed our stay there. The rooms were clean, large, fully stocked, and in a great location. The propertyt had a friently feel to it, the pool was great and the area felt safe and secure (important when you have children). Too bad customers are mislead and taken advantage of. I will never stay there again(apperently, I can't even if I wanted to per Jennifer at the front desk- what a power trip). Too bad!

• Liked — The apartment feel, and value.
  • Disliked — Hidden expenses that offset the value.
  • Tips/Secrets — Buyer be ware!
  • Stayed August 2006, travelled with family
    • Check-in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)
14 Thank deuce241
Anderson, South Carolina
Reviewed 27 June 2006

My family just returned from staying at the Inn at St. Thomas in Panama City Beach for 5 days. The Inn was very clean, walking distance from the beach, and the overall best deal for the money. I really liked that it wasn't too close to the "club scene" because this was a family vacation. If you have children, this place is perfect. If you want to know all there is to do and see in Panama, ask to speak to Jennifer...she is amazing! Thanks Jennifer! My family will definitely be staying at the Inn again.

• Stayed June 2006
2 Thank DLorentz
A TripAdvisor Member
Reviewed 20 June 2006

This is a nice place to stay. Nice room, close to activities, not far from the beach. Comfortable bed, but flat pillows. Very clean, problem with mosquitos though. Staff was courteous, check in and check out was fast. Overall, nice place, good price. Recommended. Try the Frankenstein restaurant across the street for burgers and fries.

• Stayed June 2005
1 Thank A TripAdvisor Member
A TripAdvisor Member
Reviewed 3 June 2006

Everyone was very nice and helpful. The place was a bit older than I expected but everything was clean and well taken care of. The staff was friendly and helpful. I liked the feel of an apartment rather than a hotel room, that was really nice.

I think the cleaning fee of $45 was a bit much though, but then we only stayed for 2 nights. It may be more applicable if you are staying for longer. There is a $5 parking fee which I don't quite understand but maybe that's just Panama City. Other than that I was very pleased with the hotel.

• Stayed May 2006