Well, my wife found this hotel through Orbitz, and really liked what she saw. The price seemed good for what was offered. We reserved it and paid through Orbitz, but found out that what orbitz claims as the TOTAL AMOUNT CHARGED was not what we were charged by the hotel. There were additional hidden fees that we wouldn't have dreamed of like a five dollar parking fee and a fourty five dollar cleaning fee.
That's a cleaning fee that's almost the cost of staying there for one night!!!!!
When I called back to the hotel to discuss this fee I was treated rudly by Jennifer at the front desk and told that I will not be allowed on the property in the future, then she informed me that she was hanging up the phone- and did. She did this to the Orbitz representative that called her back regarding this fee as well. Not good customer service skills, as apperently this is a sore spot with many customers (see the first Orbitz review). This should be disclosed upon arrival and check in at the front desk- clearly stated and in plain view to all who enter. We received a summary of charges upon arrival AT HOME after the trip. Had we known about this extra cost, we would have made arrangements at another hotel. We travel on a budget and this was an unexpected expense. I have used many online booking services (orbitz, hotwire, etc.) and never had a problem like this. I believe this hotel counts on the customers to never notice this fee. The rudeness of the staff and the hidden cost are really too bad because we really enjoyed our stay there. The rooms were clean, large, fully stocked, and in a great location. The propertyt had a friently feel to it, the pool was great and the area felt safe and secure (important when you have children). Too bad customers are mislead and taken advantage of. I will never stay there again(apperently, I can't even if I wanted to per Jennifer at the front desk- what a power trip). Too bad!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- All of the condos at St Thomas Square are individually Owned and operated. St Thomas Square on Panama City Beach is a truly unique vacation destination. The property is located just across the street and sits along the magnificent Grand Lagoon. The Villas and Plaza are European-style with all the comforts of home set in a quaint, relaxing atmosphere. We are one of only a few locations with a boat dock along Grand Lagoon. Grand Lagoon will give you easy access to St. Andrews Bay, The Gulf of Mexico, and Shell Island.There are several floor plans to choose from that accommodate 2 to 8 people. If you are traveling as a couple, family or group, rowers, triathletes, baseball, softball, cheerleaders, divers or bikers, Condo Owners have rentals to fit every budget. All Villa and Plaza units have fully equipped kitchens and all but the studios have a washer/dryer. There is a Mexican bar and grill on the property, a hair and nail salon and Panama City Beach Winery, Gift shop that has a large selection of the best Florida Citrus wines available with wine tasting daily. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Travelocity.ca, TripOnline SA and Hotels.com so you can book your The Inn at St Thomas Square reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- The Inn At St Thomas Square Hotel Panama City Beach
- Inn St Thomas Square
- The Inn At St Thomas Square Panama City Beach, Florida