All reviews leisure facilities steam room spa treatments family wedding lovely hotel restaurant staff executive room relaxing break the ground floor evening meal couldn't fault car park my mum good nights sleep enjoyable stay lovely room food was lovely
Reviewed November 2, 2017

We recently held our wedding here, anyone considering their wedding here then get it booked.
We had the best day ever, every aspect of it was fabulous.
Sean, Jenni, Rachel & the rest of the team are a huge asset to this hotel, nothing was too much trouble.
Roll on our first anniversary when we get to come back.

Trip type: Travelled with friends
Wright_Hotel, Business Development Manager at The Wrightington Hotel & Health Club, responded to this reviewResponded November 30, 2017

Dear Sir/Madame,

Thank you so much for you very kind comments, we are delighted you thoroughly enjoyed your wedding day. Your feedback has been passed on to the team who are thrilled you are so pleased.

Congratulations and we hope to welcome you back to in the near future.

Kind Regards,

Reviewed October 29, 2017 via mobile

So the hotel has a great look to it - fabulous lobby etc however......

Pros - great gym and swim facilities. Decent on site restaurant.

Cons - check in : didn’t inform us there was no lift to our first floor room and despite seeing how much luggage I had did not offer any help in getting there . I had to ask where breakfast was and the times prior to heading on my hike up the stairs with my cases.

Poor night sleep due to flashing green light above my head which I believe may have been a smoke alarm directly above the bed. This also kept my colleague awake in the room next door

My bed wasn’t made properly- the bottom sheet didn’t coven the mattress.

The toiletries where chucked on the shelf in the bathroom. I didn’t have a floor towel on the first night and my hand towels were frayed.

The tv was ancient and took me ages to get it to work. The hairdryer is tethered to the drawer making drying hair challenging. The sockets on the dressing table to close to desk top so difficult to plug anything in.

Breakfast is a trip back to the 1970s with a grumpy waitress to boot.

To top this experience off - the lady whilst checking out answered the phone whilst I was mid sentence!! No wonder there was no sign off with usual “I trust you enjoyed your stay” because it would take too long to check people out !!!!

Attention to detail and staff training would make this a very good hotel but at the moment it’s not worth the money

Trip type: Travelled on business
Wright_Hotel, Business Development Manager at The Wrightington Hotel & Health Club, responded to this reviewResponded November 9, 2017

Dear Guest,

Thank you for your feedback and whilst you have not enjoyed all aspects of your stay, your comments are very much appreciated.

The alarm light you mention is a new system and has been adjusted since installed, I am terribly sorry you have happened to stay before it was set at its completely correct operating level, with regards its visual appearance. It shouldn't have affected your rest and for that we are truly very sorry.

With regards your other comments, they are duly noted and will be investigated, thank you for bringing them to our attention.

Should you wish to discuss your visit further please do contact me directly.

Yours Sincerely,

Reviewed October 25, 2017

Nice business hotel, just off the motorway. Easy access to Manchester, but in the country with easy parking. The restaurant at the hotel is fine for a meal. I did not use any of the other facilities, but staff were reasonably friendly and efficient.

Date of stay: September 2017
  • Trip type: Travelled on business
Reviewed October 24, 2017

The hotel is very clean and the room was comfortable. The only problem with the room was the sound proofing. I'm sure our neighbours around us weren't anti social but you could hear them. We enjoyed using the swimming pool and the other facilities were excellent. Our evening meal was of a high quality and the staff were excellent.

• Trip type: Travelled as a couple
Reviewed October 22, 2017 via mobile

The smoke alarm in the bedroom is right above the bed and flashes all night long. The hairdryer blew up and flashes and smoke came out , the landing lights shone under the bedroom door - the whole night was like Blackpool illuminations ! Didn't get a wink of sleep. I told the receptionist but she just said it was a new system and the flashing smoke alarm proves its working! If you want to actually sleep, don't stay at this hotel.
However, the gym, pool, spa, hairdresser facilities are good. Bit strange that the sauna is only available to women, as its in the women's changing room, hubby was a bit disappointed.
The restaurant food was nice, delicious starters crab cakes for me and black pudding with poached egg for hubby, main meal was ok - pork fillet for me and fish for hubby but the 'rostti' thing with it was horrible. Veg needed some seasoning. The pudding was awful, Apple and pear crumble but crumble tasted like sawdust. So meal overall was ok.
There are lots of weddings and parties going on and quite a few loud drunk guests, swearing and swaying in the lobby .
The bedrooms are nice and the bed was really comfy , which is good if you are just lying there all night watching flashing lights.

Date of stay: October 2017
Trip type: Travelled as a couple

Dear Guest,

With regards your other comments, again they are duly noted and thank you for highlighting the positives also.

Should you wish to discuss your visit further please do contact me directly.

Yours Sincerely,