All reviews leisure facilities steam room spa treatments modern hotel family wedding executive room relaxing break reception staff restaurant staff tea and coffee making facilities couldn't fault evening meal good nights sleep my partner enjoyable stay lovely room following morning
Reviewed November 29, 2017 via mobile

Beautiful, luxury room with a extremely comfortable bed. Seemed newly refurbished everything of high quality. The staff were very nice, they let us check in a little earlier as the wedding was before the usual check in time they also arranged a taxi. Wouldn’t hesitate to book again and highly recommended.
My only negative was the carpet had a lot of stains on it which I only noticed in the morning as we didn’t have time to look round till the morning, I was worried we could be blamed for the stains maybe they should have mentioned them to us, they looked like drink spillages which I’m sure wouldn’t look as bad if they cleaned it.

Stayed: November 2017, travelled as a couple
Wright_Hotel, Business Deveopment Manager at The Wrightington Hotel & Health Club, responded to this reviewResponded December 5, 2017

Dear Guest,

Many thanks for taking the time to review The Wrightington Hotel, your comments are very much appreciated.

We are really pleased you would stay with us again and please be assured the issue wit the carpet has been investigated and rectified.

We hope to see you again in the near future.

Regards,

Reviewed November 26, 2017

Stayed for 1 night on a dinner, bed and brekfast package. The value of the package was really excellent. The hotel is very well presented, very comfortable and modern. Bedroom was great with all the facilities I would expect. Made use of the included health club including large pool, steam room and jacuzzi. There is a bar area attached to the main restaurant. Ate from the table d'hote menu which provided numerous choices for each course. The quality and quantity of the food was excellent as too was the service. This was also replicated at breakfast. This really is a hidden gem and only a couple of minutes from junction 27 of the M6 and yet very peaceful and surrounded by countryside.

• Stayed: November 2017, travelled with friends
Wright_Hotel, Business Development Manager at The Wrightington Hotel & Health Club, responded to this reviewResponded November 30, 2017

Dear Guest,

Thank you kindly for taking the time to leave a detailed review of you stay, your comments are very much appreciated and have been passed on to the team.

We are very pleased you have enjoyed your stay here with us at The Wrightington Hotel and very much hope to welcome you back in the near future.

Kind Regards,

Reviewed November 8, 2017

Being so close to Wrightington Hospital is a bonus.

Another enjoyable stay.

Dinner in the restaurant was superb. The best fillet steak we have ever tasted !

Pleased to see the lovely efficient Danielle at breakfast

• Stayed: November 2017, travelled as a couple

Dear Sir/Madame,

Thank you kindly for your very kind words, we are really pleased you have been comfortable as our guest here at Wrightington Hotel.

Danielle is thrilled with your personal mention of her, equally are the chefs.

We hope to see you again soon.

Reviewed November 2, 2017

We recently held our wedding here, anyone considering their wedding here then get it booked.
We had the best day ever, every aspect of it was fabulous.
Sean, Jenni, Rachel & the rest of the team are a huge asset to this hotel, nothing was too much trouble.
Roll on our first anniversary when we get to come back.

Stayed: October 2017, travelled with friends

Dear Sir/Madame,

Thank you so much for you very kind comments, we are delighted you thoroughly enjoyed your wedding day. Your feedback has been passed on to the team who are thrilled you are so pleased.

Congratulations and we hope to welcome you back to in the near future.

Kind Regards,

Reviewed October 29, 2017 via mobile

So the hotel has a great look to it - fabulous lobby etc however......

Pros - great gym and swim facilities. Decent on site restaurant.

Cons - check in : didn’t inform us there was no lift to our first floor room and despite seeing how much luggage I had did not offer any help in getting there . I had to ask where breakfast was and the times prior to heading on my hike up the stairs with my cases.

Poor night sleep due to flashing green light above my head which I believe may have been a smoke alarm directly above the bed. This also kept my colleague awake in the room next door

My bed wasn’t made properly- the bottom sheet didn’t coven the mattress.

The toiletries where chucked on the shelf in the bathroom. I didn’t have a floor towel on the first night and my hand towels were frayed.

The tv was ancient and took me ages to get it to work. The hairdryer is tethered to the drawer making drying hair challenging. The sockets on the dressing table to close to desk top so difficult to plug anything in.

Breakfast is a trip back to the 1970s with a grumpy waitress to boot.

To top this experience off - the lady whilst checking out answered the phone whilst I was mid sentence!! No wonder there was no sign off with usual “I trust you enjoyed your stay” because it would take too long to check people out !!!!

Attention to detail and staff training would make this a very good hotel but at the moment it’s not worth the money

Stayed: October 2017, travelled on business
Wright_Hotel, Business Development Manager at The Wrightington Hotel & Health Club, responded to this reviewResponded November 9, 2017

Dear Guest,

Thank you for your feedback and whilst you have not enjoyed all aspects of your stay, your comments are very much appreciated.

The alarm light you mention is a new system and has been adjusted since installed, I am terribly sorry you have happened to stay before it was set at its completely correct operating level, with regards its visual appearance. It shouldn't have affected your rest and for that we are truly very sorry.

With regards your other comments, they are duly noted and will be investigated, thank you for bringing them to our attention.

Should you wish to discuss your visit further please do contact me directly.

Yours Sincerely,