“great stay!”

Ranked #21 of 65 Hotels in Pensacola
miami
“great stay!”
Reviewed 20 April 2012

I went to Sole Inn Pensacola. The staff was extremely friendly. The rooms were very clean.
The service was excellent. Right in the middle of everything near downtown. There was an art fair
going on and Sole Inn was just near the end of it. They provided live music (GOOD band with covers that sounded almost as good as the original artists). They had a small indoor bar and 24 hour desk person who helped me weather it was 3 AM or 10 AM. The drinks were very reasonably priced. Seriously, they go out of their way to make guests happy. If you are looking for a moderately priced hotel with really friendly staff and clean rooms, this is the place to go.
If you are looking for the Ritz or Hilton, this is not the choice.

• Stayed March 2012, travelled solo
1 Thank justin p
onthegoalotAtlanta, Owner at Sole Inn and Suites, responded to this review, 23 April 2012
Thank you for the fabulous review!! You really nailed it as far as Sole's niche in the Pensacola market. I hope you will be back soon , and tell all your friends in Miami about us. Thanks again! Alan

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (65)
Swansboro, North Carolina
Reviewed 5 April 2012

Amazed that we could find a neat hotel right on Palafox in Pensacola. They had a happy hour that adults and kids were able to enjoy. Nothing fancy, but downtown, and less than $100 is a steal. The decor was very cool and made the room a little fun to be in. Definitely staying here again on our next visit.

• Stayed March 2012, travelled as a couple
1 Thank Bud-n-Sissy126
onthegoalotAtlanta, Owner at Sole Inn and Suites, responded to this review, 6 April 2012
Thank you for the super review! I am glad you found us. Our location is hard to beat. Park the car , check in and walk to everything. Last night was the home opener for our new AA baseball team the Blue Wahoos ! WOO HOO! You can walk to the fabulous new waterfront stadium and have a blast. Pensacola has so much to do downtown and we are right in the middle of it all. Thank you again and we look forward to your return. Alan Williams
Lafayette, Louisiana
Reviewed 28 March 2012

Normally when I visit this coast of Florida I'll go to Navarre Beach, nearer the Nat'l Gulf Seashore, but this time I thought I'd try Pensacola Beach--then when I was searching I found this newly renovated what looked like a boutique hotel to me in the historic district of downtown Pensacola instead, which I've never even driven thru before...
I didn't know what I was missing--I liked the historic district & wish I'd had more time to explore it, as it was I only spent 1 night at Sole' Inn & Suites...
Link to hotel webpage: http://www.soleinnandsuites.com/
Was up the next morning to go for coffee at The Leisure Club (had read they were the best, plus asked my Barista friends where I should go & they agreed) & took a quick (OK, not so quick) browse thru the Natural Foods Market--Ever'man on my way out of town toward the beaches...
Link to coffeehouse webpage: http://www.theleisureclub.net/
Link to Natural Foods webpage: http://www.everman.org/default.asp
But back to the surprise boutique hotel--it was lovely to see the fun renovating & decorating they did to the interiors of the rooms & exterior of this what once was I think from the shape an old average road motel...
Outside if I were to guess they took what was once the pool area & made a wonderful fountain feature with a lot of fun seating & a bar area with a canopy with a U-shaped red brick wall in the back to made it feel somewhat private & for the water/music sounds to stay in & the road sounds to stay out - especially loved the Dandelion water fountain, because I love even more to sit outside & hear the sound of falling water (no matter this time it wasn't the surf at the beach...)
Inside it was great fun to have wooden shutters on the windows in my room & a black toilet in the bathroom--the space as well was just right & I had a lovely sleep on the cushy white bed with golden throw pillows...
The reception area looks more the entry to a gallery & I enjoyed the simple continental breakfast - I have to say though I skipped the coffee because I knew I was going to the 'best' coffee shop in town when I left, on my way out to the bridge to go to the beaches...
Hotel staff I spoke with were very nice & helpful, like when I locked myself out of my room packing up the car--really?! (I'd never ever done that before, how embarrassing...)
The night I checked in too I was just in time for the end of Happy Hour, so grabbed some cheese & crackers for my room while I was unpacking (which meant no more road food--yeah?!)
On the coffee tables in the lobby I picked up a local magazine & 2 newspapers to find out what was going on for the weekend & to take a peek at what I could expect next trip into historic downtown Pensacola...
Again I was pleasantly surprised & Thanks for that, Sole' Inn & Suites?! :o)

Room Tip: When I booked a single room I didn't know there were suites, though this time I didn't need...
  • Stayed March 2012, travelled solo
2 Thank SharonInAVolvo
San Antonio, Texas, United States
Reviewed 19 March 2012

We really enjoyed our three day stay at this small hotel. It's an older motel that's been given a really modern makeover. It has a lot of character and feels very trendy. Our room was comfortable. I liked the decor and the fact that it had a small refrigerator and microwave. Also appreciated the free breakfast and happy hour every day. We also liked the hotel's location right in downtown Pensacola. It was safe, and within walking distance of great restaurants and other sites. Our only complaint is that the walls seemed a little thin. We could hear the people in the room next door talking and some outside noise. Other than that, we loved it!

• Stayed March 2012, travelled with family
onthegoalotAtlanta, Owner at Sole Inn and Suites, responded to this review, 21 March 2012
Thank you for the great review. Sometimes people get a little too loud when they have been down to one of the many fun watering holes within walking distance of the hotel. We do have an 11pm Quiet time rule at Sole'. Once in a great while we have to remind a guest of that. I am glad you had a good stay. Alan
Milwaukee, Wisconsin
Reviewed 14 March 2012

if you want to stay in downtown pensacola, florida this is a pretty good place. Great location and a great price that includes an average complimentary breakfast and complimentary beer, wine and snacks in the evening on the patio.

Room Tip: I would stay off the 1st floor just because the cars are right outside your door
  • Stayed March 2012, travelled with family
Niceville, Florida
Reviewed 12 March 2012

My wife and I stayed at Sole Inn for one night this past weekend to celebrate our anniversary in downtown Pensacola. When making reservations I was excited to find a highly rated hotel right in the downtown area. Now don't get me wrong, Sole definitely has its positives -- location is great. It's within walking distance of a ton of stuff in downtown P'cola. But as the the property, it certainly has its high points and low points. Let's start with the high points. Check-in was easy and the staff was friendly. The happy hour on Saturday was really nice (most hotels offer social stuff only on weekdays). The outside patio area with fire pit added to our happy hour experience. The fixtures in the room were very nice and had a modern feel. The bed was comfortable and had lots of pillows. The closed is huge by hotel standards. So for the lows... Sole is apparently an older motor inn that had been renovated. There are very few electrical outlets in the room. We had to unplug lamps to plug in car chargers. The TV is tiny compared to other hotel standards these days. The shower was almost cave-like, small and very dark with cracking plaster around the edges. The only electrical outlet in the bathroom is behind you when facing the mirror. I didn't bother even trying to use my electric shaver and my wife ended up using her hair dryer in the bedroom area. The continental breakfast was OK, nothing to rave about but not just a box of donuts either. All in all we had a decent stay at Sole, I guess I was just expecting more.

• Stayed March 2012, travelled as a couple
1 Thank lionfan91
Thank you for your honest review. I do understand some of your issues ,but I am glad all in all you had a good stay at Sole'. As I have stated in the past some of the architectual restaints I had to deal with when remodeling Sole' are what they are. I am sorry there was not a power strip at your desk , it should have been there. As far as the size of the showers , not much I can do about that. They are clean with seamless glass doors and nice shower heads. Thanks for also pointing out the great things about Sole' in your review. Cheers! Alan
Reviewed 21 February 2012

Sole Inn and Suites is a fantastic place to stay. I have stayed at Sole many times. I live approximately 30 minutes from downtown pensacola, and of course Pensacola night life is surrounded by great bars and restaraunts. Occasionally I will imbibe on too much wine, so in lieu of a 50.00 taxi ride home then trying to catch a ride back downtown to retrieve my truck, I simply stay at Sole Inn and Suites. The art deco interior matches the comfort of the room. The front desk staff is always very nice and accomodating. I met the owners at a party in the Fall of 2011 and they are just as gracious as their staff. Job Well done Sole Inn and Suites

• Stayed January 2012, travelled with friends
onthegoalotAtlanta, Owner at Sole Inn and Suites, responded to this review, 25 February 2012
Thank you, thank you, thank you!! I am so glad you get Sole'. Location is one of our strong points, but it is also important that our guests enjoy the time at the property also. We hope you will come back soon and give us the chance to spoil you again! Cheers... Alan
Also consider these accommodations in or near Pensacola
0.5 km away
New World Inn
#28 of 65 in Pensacola
6.5 km away
Hampton Inn & Suites Pensacola/Gulf Breeze

Been to Sole Inn and Suites? Share your experiences!