All reviews train station the crowne plaza civic center corner room old railway bay center hotel restaurant front desk staff light sleeper very nice hotel historic downtown the room was nice staff was friendly enjoyed my stay parking lot lobby depot
Reviewed October 14, 2018 via mobile

We were excited to stay at this hotel. We love the idea of the historical aspect. Unfortunately they are slowly wiping the historical aspect out, and when they are replacing things it is items that just don’t fit. Turns out the decor was the least of our problems.

The hotel feels dirty. The elevator was disgusting, the carpets in the lobby and hallways were gross. There are no words. The pool area was uninviting and hard to find. The life is missing from this hotel.

Then the room... The first room was small , which I expected based on the age of the hotel. But the bathroom made no sense at all, there is basically no light in the bathroom. The wallpaper was peeling and the cabinet was repainted, in a shabby manner. You can tell they tried, but it needs updating badly. Our tub did not drain, at all, so we had to switch rooms.

When I called about the tub I was told the hotel was sold out and we couldn’t change rooms. The clerk offered a maintenance man, but I was uncomfortable with that because I was in my robe with a towel on my head. The clerk then said she would swap rooms for us. Seemed weird that in less than 2 minutes, the hotel went from fully booked to having an available room.

We switched rooms, the tub did drain, but it had the same sad bathroom. So, so, so dark. Both rooms had tiny TVs, and our view I. Both rooms was interstate, the bay was so far in the distance you could not call it a bay view.

FYI: we got this room through Hotwire and feel like we were 2nd class citizens because of it....

Date of stay: October 2018
Trip type: Travelled with friends
Reviewed September 18, 2018

AC doesn't work in the lobby or hallways of the hotel. Though the beds are comfortable the lighting in the rooms are poor. Also, the restroom sink and shower drains are clogging causing the water to pool at your ankles or fill quickly when just brushing teeth. I visited for 5 days and on the 4 day the cleaner stole my perfume that was sitting on the restroom counter all week. This perfume was never moved by me from the restroom, so I didn't miss place or lose it as suggested by the hotel staff.

There is limited restaurants within walking distance or safe to walk at night. A train runs through town several times at night which disrupts sleep.

• Trip type: Travelled on business
1  Thank Shannon L
Reviewed September 11, 2018

My husband is a retired Naval Aviator and went to flight school in Pensacola. We try to go back once or twice or a year because he loves the nostalgia and I love the beach. This hotel was AH-mazing. They have a collection of antiques that even surprised this Southern girl. The staff was friendly and efficient. If you are lucky enough to have breakfast with Mackenzie, do yourself a favor and do so.

Date of stay: August 2018
  • Trip type: Travelled as a couple
Reviewed September 10, 2018 via mobile

Really enjoyed my stay, the hotel had a great vintage atmosphere and just exploring the common areas was fun. Only wish there was a larger TV in the rooms, but the views can't be beat! And how often do you see a hotel with an actual library...

Trip type: Travelled on business
Reviewed September 2, 2018 via mobile

Quaint historic hotel but suites were a bit small. Friendly staff and very accommodating for Wedding party after beach ceremony to celebrate our daughters wedding. Allow us to have food delivered in when restaurant fell through.

Date of stay: September 2018
Trip type: Travelled as a couple