“45C - Return to me”

and 1 more site!
Purple Parrot Village Resort
Reviewed 10 April 2011

Just returned from a 6 night stay in 45C-Return to Me. We'll most definitely return again. We've stayed in rentals all over the country and this was, by far, the most beautifully decorated unit we've ever stayed at. We read everything on the web-site so we knew that we would have to buy additional bath supplies, laundry/dish soap, etc. There is a grocery store a short drive over the bridge so that was extremely convenient. The owner of our unit left a club card for the Winn-Dixie grocery store and that provided us with savings every time we used it. Our unit is a stand alone unit immediately behind the indoor pool/fitness room and a good distance from the pool and the Tiki Bar. Very quiet but perfectly situated. The only negative is that we couldn't bring our Golden Retrievers with us on this vacation. Everything else was perfect and this was the most relaxing vacation we've had in a very long time.

The beach is minutes away and is beautiful. One day, we borrowed two bikes (a couple of very nice mountain bikes) from the office and rode all the way down the beach and back. The fitness center was better than we expected. It has two treadmills, two stationary bikes, and a multi-station weight machine.

One evening, we sat outside the pool and drank non-alcoholic beverages. The Tiki Bar waitress even brought us a bottle of bug repellant (that's service)! Though we don't drink, we found the employees at the Tiki Bar very accomodating and the food very good though a little over-priced.

Clancey, the office girl that handled our reservations is an extremely friendly person and she answered all of our questions before we arrived and was wonderful to deal with while staying here. We'll definitely be back on our next non-dog-friendly vacation.

Room Tip: Do your research.
  • Stayed: April 2011, travelled as a couple
4  Thank LunaSanAntonio
There are newer reviews for Purple Parrot Village Resort

Reviewed 27 March 2011

My husband and I just returned from a quick weekend trip to the Purple Parrot with our two young children age 4 and 5. We rented a 2 bedroom, 2.5 bath unit called Cecelia's Dream (15A). Booking the unit was a breeze. Clancy in the office was so sweet and helpful. We arrived a little after 6pm and she stayed and waited to check us in. The unit was absolutely precious, just as shown in pictures. Pros of the unit: Precious!, spacious, clean. Cons of the unit: No extra anything... no extra toilet paper, no paper towel, no dish soap of any kind, no extra garbage bags. Now, I know these are things that are not typically replenished in a condo, but there is usually something for us to use to wash our dishes. I had to send my husband out late our first night there to get these essential items. The master bed was very comfortable but VERY noisy! I don't know what it was but it could wake the dead each time one of us rolled over! The Purple Parrot itself was beautiful. I loved all of the colors of the condos and the grounds were absolutely spotless. Now, the cons. The pool is gorgeous, but you are not allowed to bring in ANY outiside food or drink. I knew this before we booked but I didn't think it would apply to drinks and snacks for the kids. We were not able to even bring in juice pouches for them. I found this very frustrating and very expensive. When our kids got hungry or thirsty, we had to purchase something from the bar or the grill for them rather than walking 20 feet to our condo to get them a snack. It was very frustrating and for this reason alone, we will probably not go back. Second drawback was that this pool is opened to the public??? People were coming in and out all day long from off the street. It seemed that this place was a popular hangout for the locals. There was a lot of driniking and a lot of people stumbling to their cars. Very inappropriate around my young children. I am so sad to say this but I would probably not recommend this place to others because of these two things. One last con is that there was a live band each night playing at the Tiki Hut bar at the pool. This was all good times and fun until it was time to go to sleep. They were very loud and disruptive at late hours of the night. Thankfully I had brought a small fan from home which acted as white noise in my kids room and drowned out the noise of the band and the crowd at the pool.

• Stayed: March 2011, travelled with family
8  Thank Geauxbecnel
Reviewed 25 March 2011

The MINUTE I drove through the gate I was IMMEDIATELY de-stressed!! The office was so very helpful and accomodating!! "NO PROBLEM" is the unit we've used and it's FULLY supplied with anything you could need or want. Beautifully decorated as well! I would come back in a second and no doubt will be visiting again soon!!!

• Stayed: March 2011, travelled with family
1  Thank Countess531
Reviewed 7 March 2011

we rented directly from an owner and loved this place. It was too cold to swim in the outdoor pool but it was beautiful. We especially loved the Tiki Bar and grill. We enjoyed ringing in the new year with "snowbirds" and locals alike in the friendly little bar with great music. We were able to walk back to our lovely little two bedroom cottage without having to get behind the wheel. Only minutes from the beach, you can hear the ocean waves from your porch. We will definitely return for our summer vacation this year and cant wait to use the outdoor pool and sip frozen drinks poolside from the Tiki Bar when we are not sunning on the beach.

Stayed: January 2011, travelled with friends
Reviewed 2 November 2010

Very pleased. Nice place to stay & vacation. Everything was handled nicely. Rooms nice, clean. Enjoyed the indoor /outdoor pool area, weather was perfect! Yes I would go back.

• Stayed: July 2010, travelled with friends
Reviewed 20 September 2010

Me and my family stayed at the purple parrot for the weekend in august.The overall experience was pretty good. The condo we stayed at was very nice and we rented through a owner not the company. The outdoor pool is out of this world! We spent the whole weekend swimming away relaxing under the waterfall, chilling in the hottub. The condo we rented was steps away from the pool and bar area so we sat on our porch and listened to the bands play at night. The people can get pretty drunk and loud if you have kids you might want to get a condo in the back. Theres just a couple things bad i could say about the purple parrot....First was when we arrived at the condo we drove past the office and we werent sure where exactly our condo was located so we drove slow.. We noticed a man (a employee) standing outside watching us. We found the condo which was around the corner and down a little bit and parked and started towards our condo. We then noticed that the man had followed us (walking) and began looking at our parking passes in my car and my moms car.(we had print out one's since our renter lives out of town) which he kept walking back and forth looking. I just found it rude. I know they keep track of who comes and goes but really!! you follow us just to look...Well we let that go then later the same day me and my husband walked over to the indoor pool where once again the same man was staring at us like we shouldnt be there....He even made it a point to walk in and check on us for what reason i have no idea. We had our wristband and i didnt see the problem. In my opinion i just felt almost harassed. Like we wanted to relax and enjoy the weekend we paid for and the guy just made it uncomfortable. Next is the condo was on the bottom floor and you could hear every single foot step from the top floor. Very noisy at night. Other than that i enjoyed my vacation and will return!

• Stayed: August 2010, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 19 July 2010

We booked our stay at the Purple Parrot back in February. We had a large group with us, 9 villas were booked. We were told that we could bring our ice chest in as long as the bar wasn’t open. I called again in June to make sure that this rule hasn’t changed and I was told that the Tiki Bar was closed. Now, understand that we were here for a baseball World Series. We checked in on Sunday. Everyone was so impressed at the place. Every villa was decorated differently, each so cute. Looked to be a little piece of Paradise! They only problem we saw right off was a sign at the front gate that said "OPEN TO PUBLIC!" Which worried us, because we thought this was a gated community.
As the night went on we saw people from the outside come into the pool and bar area. We had a large group of kids with us playing baseball in the pool. The people in the bar area, told them they need to be quite and that they were being too loud! Isn’t that what kids do in a pool? Play? Then we find out the Tiki Bar has a new owner. His way of addressing us was Rude and Unprofessional. Of course not realizing that we could not bring drinks from our rooms which were only steps away. He came over to us with a nasty attitude telling us, “You can’t have ice chest on the pool deck!" So the mom that had the ice chest poured her drink into a cup and went to move the ice chest outside. He then said, "You can’t bring outside drinks to the pool area!" We were never told that I could walk from my villa to the poolside with drink in my hand because it wasn’t purchased from the bar! But, to try and keep the peace we decided to go to the bar and buy a drink to maybe make him happy. Next thing we know the Lady Manager comes over and tells us we are being bleating disrespectful and not following the rules. I asked, "What rules?" She tells me that we are still bringing outside drinks inside. I said, "I just left your bar and bought this drink!!" She told us we were going to have to leave if we didn’t buy all of our drinks from the bar. A short time later another guy comes over from the bar and tells us he has to lock up the pool. We told him no problem we were leaving anyway. He then tells us, "We are not going to have any more problems, right?" Like we are children! Our ages range from 30-50 not, kids! I have never been to a condo/hotel/villa that you couldn’t make a drink inside your place and bring it to the poolside! If this was told up front we would have been prepared for this.
As a group we went to the front office and addressed this problem with JD. He was very nice and helpful. He spent most of his day on the phone the board members of Purple Parrott and the bar owner trying to come to some agreement. The Bar owner was very unhelpful...
We were all ready to leave. We hated to have all of those property owners out of this money because of the way we were treated by the Tiki Bar. We didn’t come here because of the Tiki Bar.
Monday by the pool, they would constantly come over and ask the same people over and over if they had their armbands. So, you felt harassed almost. But, the people that would come in from the outside would have free range of the complex. Even if our room was just steps from the pool we still have to lock up everything! Isn't that why we were staying in a gated community so, we would know who was there?
By Wednesday they lost they liquor licenses and gave away free beer and wine. Thursday rules were changed again!
The complex was really nice. The manger JD was great! The Tiki Bar, we will not come back. I think if the owners of the Purple Parrot really know how people were treated they would make sure things would be changed!
Sorry to say, but we will not come back! We cancelled 6 reservations for August because of this!

• Stayed: July 2010
16.5 km away
Fairfield Inn & Suites Orange Beach
14.2 km away
Island House Hotel Orange Beach - a DoubleTree by Hilton

Been to Purple Parrot Village Resort? Share your experiences!