“Tarpon Lodge”

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Pineland
Tarpon Lodge & Restaurant
Reviewed 14 January 2018 via mobile

We stayed here for six nights and really enjoyed our stay. The food was good and the service excellent. We stayed upstairs above the bar in the original house rooms, which do have lot of character being part of the original house. Sure it’s a bit noisy on the weekends, but we knew that coming in...so we either stayed at the bar and met new friends or watched tv until it quietened down around 11 or so. And sure the breakfast is cold and not the greatest, but if you need eggs head out to one of the nearby eateries. The views of the sunset from the docks is unbeatable and you can charter a boat for a trip to the outer islands. We not hesitate to stay here again.

Stayed: January 2018, travelled as a couple

Reviewed 9 January 2018

If you want a simply clean comfortable place to spend a couple of days relaxing and letting the busy electronic world pass you by, Tarpon Lodge & Restaurant on Pineland, Florida is the place for you. The sunset view will be etched in the fabric of your mind long after you leave the property. The stroll on the dock by the bay will provide the serenity to let the stresses of life pass you by as you gaze on Sanibel and Captiva Islands and see the boats coming and going from Cabbage Key. When the sun is gone and you yearn for a bit to eat, you will only be steps away from a wonderful restaurant with very good food and excellent service. The bar, though simple, has plenty of wine to quench the wine lover's thirst. With the cool breeze blowing in from the balcony off the waters of the gulf you will sleep well. Without question your getaway will sooth your soul and require you to take one more stroll around the property before you heading back to reality. But as you walk you will be thinking about when your next Tarpon Lodge experience will occur.

• Stayed: January 2018, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 8 January 2018 via mobile

Just left yesterday from a 4-day celebration for my nieces wedding. The place is just charming. Love the old Florida style. The service was outstanding and the food was delicious.. we had the entire lodge booked and everyone really enjoyed themselves. The wedding was just beautiful! They went above and beyond my expectations and everything was just perfect.
The rooms were very comfortable and clean. was able to see just about every room there since we all were family and room #1 in the stilt house was my favorite. 2 balconies.. and close to everything. The 2cottages are really nice too, just a bit away from restaurant and pool but close to docks and very spacious.
If your looking for a private place to host a wedding, anniversary or just a simple weekend get away, you won't be disappointed!
Debbie stands out to me at the front desk because she has a great bubbly personality but honestly EVERYONE was fabulous! I can't forget the bartender who was super busy with all of us for wedding, oh and she over heard us mention we didn't know how we were going to tie the bow ties for the groomsmen so she did it for us! Just awesome!
OH YEA! One more thing: my son left a blanket and t-shirt in his room, Barbara called and asked me if I would like to come pick it up! I've never stayed anyplace where I've left something to actually get it back!
Thank you Tarpon Lodge and the wonderful people who work there!
We will be back:)

Stayed: January 2018, travelled with family
Reviewed 28 December 2017 via mobile

We celebrated a 50th wedding anniversary here for lunch on the way to North Captiva and were very pleased with the meal and overall experience.

Thank you to Sue for arranging the reservation through email and helping us out.

This is a great location to look at the gulf and if you are catching a ferry to North Captiva you will likely travel through Pineland Marina which is right next door. We had our Uber driver drop us off at the Tarpon for lunch and then walked to the ferry terminal after lunch.

The meals were great, the service excellent and the atmosphere is beautiful. Thank you Tarpon Lodge and Restaurant for a great start to our vacation and helping us celebrate 50 years of marriage!

Stayed: December 2017, travelled with family
Reviewed 16 November 2017

My wife and I recently joined two couples for a five day stay at Tarpon Lodge. I have to say that, in making my reservations, the gals were great - particularly calling me back to make sure my reservation was complete. We were in room 6 in the Island House. The room was clean, comfortable and the bed was perfect. Breakfast was elementary, with toast, cereal, juice ad bagels - OK for us but somewhat on the basic side for what you'd expect from a top scale lodge. On the other hand, the restaurant was excellent from the chowder to the triple tail to the Cuban sandwich - all great!

I did have one issue as they had not replaced all the protective covers on the studs where the hurricane shutters mounted (Irma is still in recent memory). The sharp end of one of the studs pierced my arm - not major but I'm current on my tetanus shots.

That being said, this is a mighty fine place to visit...and I will be there again!

Room Tip: get a room with a bay view.
  • Stayed: November 2017, travelled as a couple
1  Thank sniffdaddy
Reviewed 18 October 2017 via mobile

We had only stayed here once before, although we had dined there several times, over the years. We wanted to have a laid-back, water-based interlude to celebrate this year’s anniversary, so we booked a three-night stay. Putting our run-about boat in the water at Pineland Marina (next door), and docking it behind the Lodge, we had three days of access to water destinations (Cabbage Key; Cayo Costa State Park; Boca Grande; and Matlacha), plus fishing opportunities in Pine Island Sound.
Casual breakfasts; cocktails on our deck watching pods of dolphins feed, and white pelicans roost; a delightful dinner, watching the sundown drift into the starry night all combined to make this celebration memorable. We will, most assuredly visit again.

Stayed: October 2017, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 14 October 2017

Stopped for lunch while on Pine Island. Ordered the catch of the day, which was triple tail. Delicious! Came with a side of flavored rice and crisp green beans. Atmosphere is homey and quaint. Service was outstanding. View of the water was relaxing. Spouse ordered the Pine Island Sound salad; it was large and tasty. We sat by the water for a while and walked the grounds. Small pool, green space and docks surrounded the lodging area. Secluded area.

Stayed: October 2017, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Marianne T
Also consider these accommodations in or near Pineland
17.2 km away
9.2 km away
Bridgewater Inn
Bridgewater Inn
#2 of 2 in Matlacha

Been to Tarpon Lodge & Restaurant? Share your experiences!