“Great service. Complimentary shuttle convenient.”

Hampton Inn Ft. Lauderdale Plantation
Ranked #1 of 14 Hotels in Plantation
Kingston, Ontario
“Great service. Complimentary shuttle convenient.”
Reviewed 30 March 2012

The usual good Hampton Inn with the added bonus of its shuttle service. Free shuttle service to airport and port is fantastic. The hotel also offers shuttle service in the area and when we were arriving late from the airport, the shuttle stopped to pick up some young people from one of the local restaurants/bars. This had obviously been arranged for the last shuttle run. There is a close area of many restaurants (that you can shuttle to), a mall right next door to the hotel and a HUGE outlet mall about 25 minutes away. All and all very convenient. On top of all of this the staff is very friendly and tries so hard to be helpful. Kudos to a great business.

• Stayed March 2012, travelled with family
1 Thank UltraClean

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (96)
Boston, Massachusetts
Reviewed 26 March 2012

We stayed at Hampton Inn for 1 night prior to cruise departure. Located thru hotels.com..looking for free shuttle service to and from airport & cruise port. Had complimentary breakfast...room very clean and comfortable. Located very close to shopping and a few restaurants....within walking distance. Although they did have shuttle service we didn't use for dining out.
Front desk was helpful particularly one staff member, Aldy, she was very helpful with restaurant
suggestions and was genuinely a happy person. A member of our party had food allergeries and Aldy was truly accommodating to our needs.
The only compliant we had was the shuttle at airport was confusing so be sure to get on correct shuttle saying Hampton Inn Plantation....or you will go to wrong hotel!

• Stayed March 2012, travelled with family
1 Thank Linda H
Cape Coral, Florida
Reviewed 18 March 2012

I was disappointed in this particular Hampton Inn for a few reasons. Overall the hotel was easy to find, it had ample parking and was clean. The check in was easy, efficient and friendly. I did not take advantage of their complimentary breakfast so I can't comment. They were having a reception/happy hour but as I had another event I did not attend that either. The pillows on the king size bed were very small. There were 4 pillows but they were small and square. The room was dark, the one lamp was burned out. I am sure they would have fixed it but when you get back to your room at 10 pm after a busy day you don't feel like calling the desk and waiting for someone to come with a light bulb. The water pressure wasn't very good but the water got hot quickly which was nice. The last issue I had was with the coffee maker, the place it is located makes it very difficult to fill with water. It was under the microwave and would not come out far enought to pour the water into the back of it.
Other than these minor annoyances the hotel was great and it was quiet. It just didn't meet my expectations as compared to other properties I have visited lately. It was certainly nothing to prevent me from staying here again or recommending the hotel to someone else in the future. .

• Stayed March 2012, travelled on business
3 Thank cheryl46
Ottawa, Canada
Reviewed 18 March 2012

This hotel is defined by its service. The employees were helpful, showed concern and were pleasant. Althought the hotel was starting to show signs of needing a makeover, the accommodations were still comfortable. The City of Plantation is a bit off the beaten track to Ft Lauderdale, but the hotel is located very near good and quality shopping and the hotel provides a shuttle services to the Saw Grass mall of Outlet Stores. The hotel is also vey near the University Grounds and good for visiting parents, I should think.

Has all of the high tech simple amenities.

We are not fans of Rates with Breakfast included, we never found that to be value added. The same is true here, however access to restaurants is a bit of a problem. The hotel does not have a restaurant and neither does nearby hotels. Fine dining is a bit of a problem. There is within a good walk, what I would refer to as tier 2-3 restaurants such as Red Lobster, Olive Garden and Bones, plus others all very much lower end dinning and crowded.

The shuttle services provided by the hotel is exemplary, we were provided with shuttle service (with a minimal wait period) to and from the larger malls, a walk in clinc, airport and to the Cruise Lines. All on a phone call. I think the range of the shuttle service is around a 15 mile radius.

The hotel did have an outdoor pool that was well maintained but unsupervised.

The hotel is very much in need of a good restaurant and a good bar, mainly because of its location.

Otherwise highly recommended.

Room Tip: Restaurant - none available. Rooms - stay away from vending machines and stairwells.
  • Stayed February 2012, travelled as a couple
1 Thank ElegantTravelOttawa
Kitchener, Canada
Reviewed 15 March 2012

This hotel is located in the Plantation suburb of Fort Lauderdale Florida. It is surrounded by every possible amenity imaginable. There are at least 10 chain brand restaurants within a 2 mile radius of this hotel including Olive garden, Chiili's, Applebee's, and at least three Mexican food places. There is a shopping Mall across the street with a food court for snacking and a Target a quarter mile away. The hotel itself is beautifully landscaped on the outside and is well kept on the inside. The front-desk staff is in my opinion well above average in terms of their friendliness and service. We stayed 5 nights and found it to be the only Hampton that offered a free happy hour with snacks and beverages from 5-7pm. Monday to Thursday It was a great opportunity to meet and greet people (most of whom were either going to or coming from cruises) over a free drink. The breakfast was adequate, nothing exceptional but decent variety and everyone seemed to be taking full advantage of that. One recommendation I would make is to change the seating area to smaller square tables in order to make room for more people. They have very large tables and I found people waiting to find seats during breakfast. The first day we were there my wife moved the night table between the two queen beds in order to plug something in and found it to be very dirty. She called the front desk and they immediately sent the head of housekeeping up and she sent someone in after we went out to make that area spotless. The gym was slightly better equipped than most Hampton's I've stayed in, which I appreciate and the pool area was very nice with a beautiful tropical look. This hotel is about 15 -20 minutes from downtown Lauderdale and the traffic can be heavy from 5-7pm. We found the price very reasonable with a AAA rate. Beds were comfortable and my wife and I would definitely return.

Room Tip: All the rooms are the same in size there are no suites at this hotel.
  • Stayed March 2012, travelled as a couple
1 Thank John F
New York City, New York
Reviewed 10 March 2012

The Good: It's a nice hotel. Clean. Attentive staff. Pool area is really nice. The standard free Hampton Inn breakfast tastes better than some of the other Hampton Inns.

The Really Bad: The hotel's Internet connection system is incredibly over-inclusive and blacks you for a couple hours if its filters catch anything it doesn't like. I tried playing youtube cartoons/videos for my kids. Got blocked. I tried listening to music. Got blocked. I made calls over Google Voice. Got blocked. I was reading the newspaper. Got blocked. I went to my business web site. Got blocked. Once a day I'd get blocked checking my email. I did a Google search about how to get around the filtering system. Got blocked.

This happens on both the WiFi and the ethernet cables in the room.

This has never happened to me anywhere else. I had to go to Starbucks and use their WiFi to get a couple hours of work done.

Stayed February 2012, travelled on business
3 Thank Traveling A
Charlotte, North Carolina
Reviewed 2 March 2012

We arrived in Plantation much earlier than expected. I thought we would have to hang out by the pool for a few hours and wait for our room. When I asked about an early check-in, the staff was very friendly and put us in our room hours before check-in time. Great news for weary travelers! The room was clean and the public areas were nice. The pool area was private and inviting. The manager's reception was an added bonus, free wine, beer, soda, and pizza. Breakfast was what you would expect at a Hampton Inn, a good variety of offerings. Shuttle service to and from the cruise port was prompt and the drivers were courteous. We parked our car at the hotel during our 10 day cruise and returned to find our car safe and secure. The hotel was close to shopping and restaurants. We had a great lunch at a place called The Mustard Seed, a very short drive from the hotel. It was in a strip mall and easy to miss, but worth the search. To sum it up...a really good start to a vacation. Thumbs up to a great hotel staff.

Stayed February 2012, travelled with family