“Once upon a time”

Mandarin Village Chinese
Ranked #109 of 263 Restaurants in Plantation
Cuisines: Chinese
Reviewed October 2, 2017

Mandarin Village was a pretty restaurant in a local strip mall with beautifully carved ceilings, artwork and good solid Chinese food. When the strip mall was torn down, Village closed. Years later it reopened as a takeout place. Initially it was very good with meals the quality of what was offered back in the day. Alas, not so much any more. Not sure what happened but the food just isn't as good as it had been.

Reviewed August 7, 2017 via mobile

Ordered take out. Woman on the phone was businesslike but not unpleasant. Delivery was prompt even though it was raining.

Food was well below average. Fried rice was over cooked. Noodles were also hard and dry with almost no meat.

Average price was about $10 per meal which was way over priced for the quality of the food.

Reviewed March 3, 2017 via mobile

The owner used to have a restaurant and downsized. The menus is the same and it's the best Chinese food in the area.!

Reviewed February 16, 2017

Let me tell you why this is my Chinese food "go-to" place. I love hot and sour soup and they make it meatless. Too many places have it pre-made with pork and I won't eat it. I ask for it extra hot and they make it hot and also give a small container of hot oil on the side in case I want it hotter.

While many Chinese restaurants do not serve Eggplant, they do. And while the menu says they serve it with pork, they will make it with Tofu (steamed or fried) or even Chicken.

I also appreciate that they serve their fried rice "plain". Again, I don't have to special order to have it "porkless". And no up-charge to have it plain. As for the other food, I've had the Honey Garlic Chicken and I like it.

Can't offer much about the other foods since I mainly order soup, eggplant and rice. I am glad they have returned to Plantation after being absent from the Fountains for so many years. While this is primarily a take out/delivery place, they will remain as my local go-to for Chinese food.

Reviewed November 29, 2016

We have been going here forever! The quality and the quantity of their food is incredible! My wife and I love fried/steamed dumplings. The ones served here are packed fully from end to end and the flavor of the meat is outrageous! We ordered pad thai to go and the dish weighed close to 2 lbs. it was more than two people could eat in one setting. And, finally, the egg rolls. Non-greasy and tasty. Friendly service, with smiles all around!