“Great lunch”

Cuisines: Deli
Dining options: Breakfast, Delivery, Takeout
Dining options: Breakfast, Delivery, Takeout
Reviewed August 25, 2017

We arrived in Fort Lauderdale early off our cruise with plans to stay a few days in the area. Our hotel wasn't ready yet so we went to find a place for lunch. Stumbled on to TooJays Deli and a line was out to the door. I was like being back in NYC and eating at our favorite Jewish deli. Food was so good, service was excellent and the portions were more than we could finish. Great place! After our trip we decided to go back before heading to the airport and had breakfast. Only discouraging thing is that they do stop serving breakfast ( other than omelets) at 11:00 and when on vacation you sometimes wish to sleep in!

Tracy E, Owner at TooJay's, responded to this reviewResponded August 28, 2017

We're so glad you found us, Cathy! Our goal has always been to bring the traditionally delicious recipes of a New York deli to Florida, so you can imagine how lovely it was to read your review! Thank you so much for sharing your kind words on TripAdvisor, and we hope you'll think of us whenever if you're ever in the area again!

Reviewed August 20, 2017

I sat down with my daughter for lunch about 130 pm on a Saturday. Place not overly busy. The server came over after about 10 minutes of sitting to get a drink order. She brought drinks back but then-Never saw her again. I asked if someone could come over, so the same server reappeared and said, "She'd be right there". She then, about 5-7 minutes later came out with a full tray of food for another table. She saw me and said, "I'll be right there". We waited another 5 minutes. Nothing. We got up and as we were leaving she said, "Oh, I was just coming". I said, "We are leaving" and she honestly, seemed relieved.

Tracy E, Guest Relations Manager at TooJay's, responded to this reviewResponded August 21, 2017

We are very sorry to hear that this happened to you when you came in to visit us. High quality service is key to ensuring that our guests have an excellent time, and it is disappointing to hear that we missed the mark. We would like to discuss your concerns further. Please email us at info@toojays.com, and we will reach out to you.

Reviewed August 16, 2017 via mobile

I've been to many Toojay's but this was my first visit in this location. This is larger than some of the other locations, which is great due to its popularity. I we didn't wait more than 3 minutes for Sunday brunch around noon. Service was a bit slow. I had the Rachel which was good but a little on the dry side. I love toojays but I'd pick other locations (preferably in palm beach county) over this one as the food quality and service is much better in the other locations

Tracy E, Owner at TooJay's, responded to this reviewResponded August 17, 2017

We're glad that you had a good time and enjoyed the Rachel sandwich, although it is a little disappointing that you were not completely impressed with us. We work hard to ensure that we are serving our guests nothing but meals of the highest quality, and invite you back anytime you are in the area so that we can turn you into a fan.

Reviewed August 14, 2017

Had dinner here while visiting my mom as I was craving "deli" food! The food here is amazing, as is the service!

My mom and I both ordered a corned beef sandwich and when she mentioned to the waitress that she doesn't like the way the meat comes rolled up on sandwiches, the waitress offered to make it "flat" for both of us. It was perfect!! The pickles were delicious as well....the coleslaw, not so much. I prefer a creamier coleslaw.

Each of my 4 kids ordered their own dinner - meat lasagna (two thumbs up!), chicken noodle soup (delicious!), matzah ball soup (scrumptious!) and a build-your-own cheeseburger (yum!) We also got a chopped liver appetizer, which was SOOOOO delicious that I was dying to ask for the recipe! It was very mild and really creamy, as if it was made with mayo instead of butter.

Definitely will be back when we're in town again!!

Tracy E, Owner at TooJay's, responded to this reviewResponded August 16, 2017

We will definitely be glad to serve you again, Helene! Scrumptious meals for the entire family is our passion, and we're so happy to hear that we hit the mark for you. Thank you so much for giving us a try, and for sharing everyone's compliments! We can't wait to see you and hope that you will be back in the area soon.

Reviewed August 12, 2017 via mobile

Chicken and dill salad and pastrami and cheese sandwich! Both incredible, but the customer service would be improved. They have a great product but the overall experience was tainted by the effort.

Tracy E, Owner at TooJay's, responded to this reviewResponded August 14, 2017

While we are so thrilled to hear that you enjoyed our incredible Chicken & Dill salad, and Pastrami sandwich, it is disappointing to hear that the service fell short of our standards. Our team strives to offer our guests nothing but exceptional service when they decide to dine with us, and we apologize that we missed the mark for you. We would appreciate an opportunity to discuss your concerns in greater detail, if you would please email us at info@toojays.com. Thank you for your feedback, and we look forward to speaking with you.