“Outstanding Dive Shop - Really stepped up”

Pompano Dive Center
Ranked #2 of 41 Tours in Pompano Beach
More attraction details
Owner description: Your Local One Stop Dive ShopCentrally located in the Sands Harbor Marina on the Intracoastal Waterway, Pompano Dive Center proudly offers an unparalleled inventory selection including the full SCUBAPRO line; daily two-tank dive charters only steps from our front door to our dock; internationally recognized PADI Five-Star instruction; Air and Nitrox fills; boundless travel opportunities and a top-of-the-line Repair/Service Tech Center. Our professionally trained staff is knowledgeable and available to help you plan all your equipment purchases and your next adventure. Stop in – Experience, Enjoy and Explore Pompano diving at its best!
Useful Information: Wheelchair access, Activities for young children, Activities for older children, Bathroom facilities
Reviewed 2 weeks ago

I recently took my families dive gear into Pompano Dive Center to have it serviced after the other ScubaPro dealer (NOT POMPANO DIVE CENTER) in town did a horrible job servicing it and then closed their doors. Needless to say I was in a fairly poor frame of mind and very irritated. Tony was able to immediately turn my mood around and instill an amazing amount of confidence in a matter of a few minutes of discussing the issue with me. He assured me that everything would be done right and that I would be taken care of. They went so far above and beyond my expectations I was blown away. Tony worked very hard with ScubaPro to ensure that all my warranties were updated and honored and to straighten out paperwork and registrations that had been messed up by other shops. Their operation is incredibly professional and well organized and I would absolutely recommend them for all your equipment servicing and purchases. When I got my gear back it was very obvious that everything had been done correctly and with a great attention to detail. I can be very hard to please and demanding and Pompano Dive Center was definitely up to the challenge.

All reviews
in 11 reviews

A TripAdvisor Member
West Palm Beach, Florida
Reviewed 4 weeks ago via mobile

I’m a native South Floridian and this is definitely in my top days being spent on water. Each staff member was extremely knowledgeable and helpful with the entire experience of catching, tagging, and releasing sharks. Great lunch/snacks served and an awesome opportunity to meet fellow minded shark lovers like myself. Matt (captain), Derek, and Dr. Jeff were a joy to be around the entire day. I highly recommend going on one of these amazing adventures...you won’t be disappointed!

Reviewed 14 March 2018

I just got back from diving with PDC for the second time. The previous trip was a year ago. Just like last time, the crew was professional, safety conscious, and these folks know their craft! Three things really stand out about diving with this operation. First, if you are used to long boat rides to get to some nice wrecks, you'll love this place. On most days we were pulling up to the site within 15 minutes or so of leaving the inlet. Second, the quality of the dive sites is outstanding; they have awesome wrecks and natural reefs. Third, they are really flexible about the kind of dives you can do. If you are strictly a recreational diver, they have you covered. If you are a tech diver, you can often do some nice light tech dives on many of their recreational trips. And of course, they offer full tech trips to some amazing wrecks as well. For me, getting to Pompano Beach takes some effort, but these folks make any travel hassles well worth it. I'm sure there are other great places to dive in South Florida, but I don't see any reason to look elsewhere; PDC has it all! I can't wait to get back there!

Reviewed 12 March 2018

Great shop. My group came out and used them for our charters. We were able to secure dedicated technical charters. This was nice because there was plenty of room on the boat for gearing up and storing equipment. Everyone had at least 4 tanks, so space can be a premium.

Nice size boat, so it handles the seas as well as any dive boat can be expected to. Safety briefings, etc are done prior to leaving the dock, so you don't have to sit around in the heavy chop getting seasick while listening to the 30 minute long diatribe like most other charters.

Our boat had 2 technical divemasters. This was nice because 1) They knew to leave our stuff alone and not "help" by turning on/off gas and other crap that most divemasters do for recreational charters. Tech people do not want their equipment messed with, and these guys know that well. 2) they came down to check on everyone during decompression stops.

The independent dive teams drifted apart, and the captain and crew were extremely diligent on watching for surfaced teams and picking them up quickly. No one stayed on the surface for more than 5 minutes.

The gas blenders are top notch. We got fills of every type, from custom nitrox mixes, to 50%, 100%, and trimix of various blends. You name it, they can blend it, and they blend ACCURATELY. Every fill I had was within 1% of what I asked for. They use liquid oxygen for their O2 supply, so that makes high oxygen fills more cost effective. As soon as we brought tanks up for fills or top offs, they stated working on them immediately.

We had a lot going on, so they opened early and closed late to accommodate us.

All of the staff were very friendly and helpful. I can't stress enough how great this place is with supporting the needs of technical divers. It's hard to find good tech friendly shops.

They keep ice water and basic snacks on board.