Open today: 7:30 a.m. - 7:00 p.m.
Review Highlights
Perfect!

Just did my check out dives for my scuba certification at Pompano Dive Center. John was a fantastic... read more

Reviewed 4 weeks ago
Jkonrope
Philadelphia, Pennsylvania
via mobile
NSU/shark tagging

Great experience,Captian Sarah was great along with her crew. Not crowded and comfortable. This is... read more

Reviewed 4 weeks ago
Michelle S
via mobile

Recommended experiences in and around Pompano Beach
from US$55.00
More Info
from US$55.00
More Info
All reviews sea siren odyssey charters guy harvey top notch sea dog boat crew these guys the entire staff first class operation ancient mariner crew members great boat diving experience south florida great staff great trip the reefs
Reviewed March 26, 2018 via mobile

I’m a native South Floridian and this is definitely in my top days being spent on water. Each staff member was extremely knowledgeable and helpful with the entire experience of catching, tagging, and releasing sharks. Great lunch/snacks served and an awesome opportunity to meet fellow minded shark lovers like myself. Matt (captain), Derek, and Dr. Jeff were a joy to be around the entire day. I highly recommend going on one of these amazing adventures...you won’t be disappointed!

Reviewed March 14, 2018

I just got back from diving with PDC for the second time. The previous trip was a year ago. Just like last time, the crew was professional, safety conscious, and these folks know their craft! Three things really stand out about diving with this operation. First, if you are used to long boat rides to get to some nice wrecks, you'll love this place. On most days we were pulling up to the site within 15 minutes or so of leaving the inlet. Second, the quality of the dive sites is outstanding; they have awesome wrecks and natural reefs. Third, they are really flexible about the kind of dives you can do. If you are strictly a recreational diver, they have you covered. If you are a tech diver, you can often do some nice light tech dives on many of their recreational trips. And of course, they offer full tech trips to some amazing wrecks as well. For me, getting to Pompano Beach takes some effort, but these folks make any travel hassles well worth it. I'm sure there are other great places to dive in South Florida, but I don't see any reason to look elsewhere; PDC has it all! I can't wait to get back there!

Reviewed March 12, 2018

Great shop. My group came out and used them for our charters. We were able to secure dedicated technical charters. This was nice because there was plenty of room on the boat for gearing up and storing equipment. Everyone had at least 4 tanks, so space can be a premium.

Nice size boat, so it handles the seas as well as any dive boat can be expected to. Safety briefings, etc are done prior to leaving the dock, so you don't have to sit around in the heavy chop getting seasick while listening to the 30 minute long diatribe like most other charters.

Our boat had 2 technical divemasters. This was nice because 1) They knew to leave our stuff alone and not "help" by turning on/off gas and other crap that most divemasters do for recreational charters. Tech people do not want their equipment messed with, and these guys know that well. 2) they came down to check on everyone during decompression stops.

The independent dive teams drifted apart, and the captain and crew were extremely diligent on watching for surfaced teams and picking them up quickly. No one stayed on the surface for more than 5 minutes.

The gas blenders are top notch. We got fills of every type, from custom nitrox mixes, to 50%, 100%, and trimix of various blends. You name it, they can blend it, and they blend ACCURATELY. Every fill I had was within 1% of what I asked for. They use liquid oxygen for their O2 supply, so that makes high oxygen fills more cost effective. As soon as we brought tanks up for fills or top offs, they stated working on them immediately.

We had a lot going on, so they opened early and closed late to accommodate us.

All of the staff were very friendly and helpful. I can't stress enough how great this place is with supporting the needs of technical divers. It's hard to find good tech friendly shops.

They keep ice water and basic snacks on board.

Reviewed February 20, 2018 via mobile

Spent all day on Saturday the 17th with the crew of the Sea Siren. 4 excellent dives. Captain Matt has been the Captain several times for me using this shop, and has always shown us an excellent trip. The rest of the crew was fantastic as well, Talia made you feel like you were long time friends by the way she interacts with the divers. I really enjoyed talking to her. Can’t say enough good things about this group. And just to add one additional point, they even picked up floating trash while we were out there. That speaks highly to the quality employees that run these trips.

Date of experience: February 2018
Reviewed February 19, 2018 via mobile

Nice people, accommodating and willing to work with you. These are the folks over at the Dive center.
For someone who is just starting to dive and not clear on how things work these guys are pretty transparent and trustworthy. But not to take away from them the real five stars go to the volunteer dive masters and the boat captains on the Sea Siren.
Mason, Jimmy, Andre and Garrett make you feel safe while preparing to dive are extremely friendly nice couple that with their knowledge of scuba diving in all the nuances newbies like me need to know the generously share it. I couldn’t of felt more reassured about my dive about my gear in about the area they were sending me. I wouldn’t be surprised if two years from now Garrett is running his own company he is that good. If you’re in the Pompano Beach area and looking for a place to dive especially wreck diving I highly recommend these guys over at the Pompano Dive Center.

Date of experience: February 2018