“Hawaiian steak”

Good for: Bar Scene, Business meetings, Special Occasion Dining, Romantic
Dining options: Lunch, After-hours, Dinner, Breakfast, Reservations
A TripAdvisor Member
Reviewed 3 weeks ago via mobile

I came in on a busy Saturday with no reservation and they were able to seat me at the bar. My server was prompt, courteous, and my food arrived quickly. It was delicious.. Had the Hawaiian steak with a baked potato. Ate every bit of it. Cost me $44 before tip. Would’ve given 5 stars if the prices had been a little more reasonable.

Write a ReviewReviews (1,283)

Reviewed 3 weeks ago

I went with colleagues to this restaurant during the week, and I have nothing good to say. When a cook, because this is not a chef, cannot prepare a mashed potato because it is not on the lunch menu.... but baked potato is, one cannot simply give any good feedback. The excuse from restaurant manager: it is not that simple to prepare mashed potato. To what I answered, yes, it is, it is just mashed potato.
It baffles me how someone in the restaurant business can give an answer like this one.
Sometimes it is so easy to please people, and yet they decide sticking to inflexible rules that would make me take the decision to just never come back. A good restaurant it is not a factory, cut, cook, serve, eat whatever is there. This is a school cafeteria answer, and for the prices they charge, I would have never, in a million years, expect this.
Some will think, come one let it go, and I could, in the end I had the baked potato, and it was good, but for me eating out I expect from restaurants a little bit more interest in the clientele.
Houston officially has stopped being a restaurant to me, and they have just lost me.

Reviewed 4 weeks ago

My wife and I have been eating at Houston's for over 20 years, across the country. This visit was a get away to celebrate and spend some "alone time". We made a reservation and were quickly seated.

From there, everything was a bit astray. Our service was poor and food was below average from our experience at other locations. I have only paid a check without tip once and now this was a second time I felt it was the appropriate action.

Much to my surprise, on the Uber drive back to the hotel, I received a call from the General Manager, who offered to comp our meal for the experience. I gave him our address, as he indicated he would send us something via mail. Here we are a month later and nothing.......

Not sure if this was a mistake, so calling this out for review and response from the restaurant.

3  Thank HaasHawk
Reviewed 4 weeks ago

This place use to be my favorite. among the changes here, now we can not arrive on our boat. that is why we live in Florida

1  Thank Vincent G
Reviewed 20 March 2018 via mobile

We had dinner here on Saturday night. We waited about 45 minutes for an outside table and it was worth the wait. They have seating out on the dock for you to wait and it was really lovely to watch the boats.
The food did not disappoint. I had the crispy grouper sandwich and it was very good and I would highly recommend.
The others had a veggie burger and a regular burger and they really enjoyed these as well.
Nothing is better than dinner with a few. You can’t make an outside reservation so we knew to get there on the early side, we got there by 5 and were seated before 6.